No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, this is a shot in the dark, but there's a fic that I can't remember if I made up in my head or not. If not, it's been so long since I've read it that I'm afraid it was located on a defunct fanfic site.

I don't remember much except that SG-1 is captured on a planet and forced to fight as soldiers in a war. I know that there are a couple fics with this premise, but the one distinct feature I remember is that no one knew that Sam was a woman, and in order to continue to hide her identity, the rest of SG-1 had to help her bind her chest in the mornings so that no one would recognize her.

Like I said, shot in the dark, but if anyone has any idea, I'll love you forever!
    sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

If it's the story I'm thinking of, Sam & Teal'c get separated from Daniel & Jack and they are, in fact, on opposite sides of the war. Sam & Teal'c are shanghaied into the army on one side but Jack & Daniel fare better for some reason on the other side.

Sam pretends to be a man and one of the officers realises she's a woman and does his best to protect her.

Does that sound right? I've looked through the stories I have and I know it's there, but I can't find it.

Comment

Hmm ... that sounds a little familiar. In my head, Jack and Sam were on the same side, but that's probably me just mashing stuff up!

Thanks for looking! Hope you eventually find it!
        sigpic
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

In case anyone's interested:

Just found out a couple of my old StarGate-SG1 stories have been nominated for the 2014 Sam & Jack Multimedia Awards...if anyone here's a fan and would like to check them out, you can find them at the Heliopolis site. They are The Standing Series (nominated for Best Drama) and Inside the Dragon's Egg (nominated for Best Angst) both written under the pen name of Offworlder. As the Heliopolis site is long defunct, and I've had a request for one of my old stories, I'll be posting a bit to the SG-1 board here soon.
          - https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2815725/noenigma
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Great, fems!! whoo-hoo!
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
              Hmm ... that sounds a little familiar. In my head, Jack and Sam were on the same side, but that's probably me just mashing stuff up!

Thanks for looking! Hope you eventually find it!
              I found the story I was thinking of - it's Hanging By A Moment by Amalgam.

I hope it's your missing story.

Comment

Originally posted by azza View Post
                I found the story I was thinking of - it's Hanging By A Moment by Amalgam.

I hope it's your missing story.
                Thank you for searching for it! I'm not sure yet if it is my missing story, but I look forward to reading it none-the-less!
                sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone ! I hope you'll be able to help me:
                  - I'm looking for a fic called Mata-Hari. I think it was written by Telkena, but I can't find it anywhere ! Does anybody have it or know where I can find it ?

- I was trying to go on this site but it doesn't seem to work anymore: http://www.samandjack.net/

Thanks so much in advance !
                  Liz.

Comment

You're right, Telkena is the author. I know that she used to have all of her stuff posted on the SJ Always and Forever site (RIP...) but I can't find it on any other site.

Did anyone have the foresight to save it?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Liz86000 View Post
                      Hello everyone ! I hope you'll be able to help me:
                      - I'm looking for a fic called Mata-Hari. I think it was written by Telkena, but I can't find it anywhere ! Does anybody have it or know where I can find it ?

- I was trying to go on this site but it doesn't seem to work anymore: http://www.samandjack.net/

Thanks so much in advance !
                      Liz.
                      The site works and does have SOME of Telkena's fics (all NC-17 rated) but NOT Mata Hari I'm afraid.

Mata Hari was available on both Always & Forever and Heliopolis.

I do have Mata Hari saved, both in a MS Word file from an archive Polrobin uploaded (link defunct) and in an HTML file (formatted to be easy on my eyes, YMMV). Let me know if it's wanted.
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                        The site works and does have SOME of Telkena's fics (all NC-17 rated) but NOT Mata Hari I'm afraid.

Mata Hari was available on both Always & Forever and Heliopolis.

I do have Mata Hari saved, both in a MS Word file from an archive Polrobin uploaded (link defunct) and in an HTML file (formatted to be easy on my eyes, YMMV). Let me know if it's wanted.
                        Hello and thank you ! It's very much wanted ! The Word file would be great, thank you again!

As for the site, yes, it's working now (don't know why it wasn't before, but anyway...). I saw some of Telkena's stories indeed, but not all of them !

Comment

Hiya peeps,

Long time, eh?

Real life and all that.

I don't suppose any of you downloaded my "compiled fic" folders from a ways back, huh?

They were hosted on my (now defunct) site and I have searched high and low for them.

Thanks,
                          Pol
                          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                            Hiya peeps,

Long time, eh?

Real life and all that.

I don't suppose any of you downloaded my "compiled fic" folders from a ways back, huh?

They were hosted on my (now defunct) site and I have searched high and low for them.

Thanks,
                            Pol
                            I've got them all. PM your email.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                              I've got them all. PM your email.
                              Holy cow, dude!!

Not only did you have them, they're EXACTLY in my wonky formatting! Awesome!

And wow...a blast from the past, those pics.

What's the consensus on making them available to all the noobs here? Since samandjackalways went away, we've lost so many awesome fics.

Let me know your thoughts, all,
                              Pol
                              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                                Holy cow, dude!!

Not only did you have them, they're EXACTLY in my wonky formatting! Awesome!

And wow...a blast from the past, those pics.

What's the consensus on making them available to all the noobs here? Since samandjackalways went away, we've lost so many awesome fics.

Let me know your thoughts, all,
                                Pol
                                Well the zip files I left untouched. Selected fics I reformatted for my own archives.

A lot fics are no longer available with the loss of both samandjack_alwaysandforever and Helipolis, so having a source for them would be great.

Comment

Working...
                                X