No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really too bad that the Heliopolis folks couldn't have transferred the contents to AO3.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      Holy cow, dude!!

Not only did you have them, they're EXACTLY in my wonky formatting! Awesome!

And wow...a blast from the past, those pics.

What's the consensus on making them available to all the noobs here? Since samandjackalways went away, we've lost so many awesome fics.

Let me know your thoughts, all,
      Pol
      I would love, love, love whatever you've got! There are so many good fics that have been lost, and I'd love a reread!

Feel free to PM me if you don't choose to make them available to all!
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by samjackshipper93 View Post
        i would love, love, love whatever you've got! There are so many good fics that have been lost, and i'd love a reread!

Feel free to pm me if you don't choose to make them available to all!
        *same*
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I think I have them; can you tell me what they were called? Or which fics are at the beginning and end of the list?

It's such a shame to lose the SamandJack site and Heliopolis.

Comment

So after trawling though every single page of this thread, I've read bunches of awesome fics, and I now have another 400+ fics bookmarked to read, and around 20 of those bookmarks are to other rec lists, and a buttload of the no-longer-online stuff from Pol (much sanky) ... *sweats* Boy, do I have a lot of reading ahead of me...

Comment

Hi everyone, please do someone know where could I find a working link to the story mentioned below Power of Love?

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
              Gen Varel's fics and Tribal Matriarch's never disappoint,
              Ziva's and Telkena's if you're looking for smut...
              But this is one of the angsties stories if ever read Power of Love
              And a cute one to make up for that Canine Perspective
              Originally posted by samjackshipper93
              i would love, love, love whatever you've got! There are so many good fics that have been lost, and i'd love a reread!

Feel free to pm me if you don't choose to make them available to all!

SaraBahama said:
              *same*
              Please could you send those files to me too? I love reading fanfiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Denisa View Post
                Hi everyone, please do someone know where could I find a working link to the story mentioned below Power of Love?
                Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                Gen Varel's fics and Tribal Matriarch's never disappoint,
                Ziva's and Telkena's if you're looking for smut...
                But this is one of the angsties stories if ever read Power of Love
                And a cute one to make up for that Canine Perspective
                There are two Sam/Jack stories titled Power of Love on ff.net

By LaraSGCLena
                When something goes horribly wrong, Jack is there to tend Sam’s wounds.
                And by NotJana
                Sam goes to Denver, apparently visiting friends she never told anyone about. Who are they and what role do they play in her life? How will her friends in Colorado Springs react? AU, Sam focused at first, SJ later on.
                Hope either of those is the one you're looking for.

The links provided by silly sally are to a defunct Sam/Jack focused archive. But that was not the only place to find them.

GenVarel has a ff.net page and a samandjack.net page. The ff.net page is limited to "family and work safe" rated fics. Canine Perspective is available on both sites.

With the same ratings restrictions Ziva's fics can also be found at samandjack.net and ff.net.

A very incomplete listing for Telkena can be found on samandjack.net and Polrobin has few more fics in her archive.

The two primary fic archives that Tribal Matriarch are both defunct (Always & Forever and Heliopolis) but an extremely limited selection is on ff.net. Though I did save a few of my favorites (edited in my preferred reading style) which I am willing to share.
                Last edited by iiradned; 24 July 2018, 11:15 AM.
                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Here is a link to "power of Love".

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2574191...-Power-of-Love

Other stories by NotJana can be found here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/670809/NotJana

I also have "Canine Perspective" saved on my computer, along with a long list of Gen Varel's other fics. I just reread it and remember it from long ago. Cute story.
                  Last edited by hedwig; 24 July 2018, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much for reply, iiradned and hedwig. I appreciate your help .
                    I`ve started reading the one from NotJana and I love it. The writing is very good, I`m happy I finally found this story.

iiradned
                    Thank you for all the links, I`ll check them out . I often use wayback machine for tracking old stories, but sometime even that is not enough. It`s always sad when some story is lost due to the site it was on is shut down. If you could, please would you send me those stories? I can pm you my email address.

You, on this forum, were always a great help with lost stories, I`d like to ask, if you know where I could find another three fanfictions:
                    PoW by Kat H
                    POW, to live again by Kat H.
                    Blindfold by Michelle Mcardle

Comment

Can't help you this time I'm afraid.

My Google-fu isn't strong enough for this task. And I don't remember having read those fics.
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

iiradned, it`s okay. Those are probably old stories and sites they were on were closed down.Maybe someone else will know about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Denisa View Post
                          Thank you very much for reply, iiradned and hedwig. I appreciate your help .
                          I`ve started reading the one from NotJana and I love it. The writing is very good, I`m happy I finally found this story.

iiradned
                          Thank you for all the links, I`ll check them out . I often use wayback machine for tracking old stories, but sometime even that is not enough. It`s always sad when some story is lost due to the site it was on is shut down. If you could, please would you send me those stories? I can pm you my email address.

You, on this forum, were always a great help with lost stories, I`d like to ask, if you know where I could find another three fanfictions:
                          PoW by Kat H
                          POW, to live again by Kat H.
                          Blindfold by Michelle Mcardle
                          None of the fics sound familiar. This is the best I could do:

PoW by Kat H: https://web.archive.org/web/20050209...ve/24/pow.html

PoW, to live again by Kat H: https://web.archive.org/web/20050212.../37/powto.html

I can't find anything but your mention on the last one; are you sure you spelled the surname correctly?
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Thank you so much for finding POW stories, fems! I wasn`t able to find them even through wayback machine and I`ve tried

I think that Blindfoldd is not on net anymore. When I was looking for it, I only found this mention on Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation. And even there it`s written that the story in not online anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                              There are two Sam/Jack stories titled Power of Love on ff.net

By LaraSGCLena

And by NotJana

Hope either of those is the one you're looking for.

The links provided by silly sally are to a defunct Sam/Jack focused archive. But that was not the only place to find them.

GenVarel has a ff.net page and a samandjack.net page. The ff.net page is limited to "family and work safe" rated fics. Canine Perspective is available on both sites.

With the same ratings restrictions Ziva's fics can also be found at samandjack.net and ff.net.

A very incomplete listing for Telkena can be found on samandjack.net and Polrobin has few more fics in her archive.

The two primary fic archives that Tribal Matriarch are both defunct (Always & Forever and Heliopolis) but an extremely limited selection is on ff.net. Though I did save a few of my favorites (edited in my preferred reading style) which I am willing to share.

Sqweeee!!! Pretty please,can you share? You’ll be my hero forever!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                                I would love, love, love whatever you've got! There are so many good fics that have been lost, and I'd love a reread!

Feel free to PM me if you don't choose to make them available to all!
                                Me too! Me too! Me too!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X