alternat reality drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternat reality drive

ok, so makay said that he could proboly make one and fix the error that caused the other one to malfunction so wouldnt it be cool if we could make a new ship and install an ar drive and then make its primary mission to search other realitys for technology such as zpms and drones, or maybe even ancient war ships.

i mean we could have the ship search for a reality where the goauld invaded earth and they never had the stargae program so they didint use the zpm on proclarush taonas and have them go there and take the zpm. i mean there are billions of alternat realitys it stands to reason that at least a couple thousand realitys would have had the ancients set up an outpost there and since it was already said that a lot of the alternat realitys were taken over by apophis early on so that would mean they never needed the zpm so it would still be there and we could take it. i mean getting hundreds of zpms would be worth the risk.

also, if we were able to make an alternat reality drive that could be installed on like say an ancient warship in an alternat reality we could go to one where the atlantis expidition never came and go to the planet featured in the episode inferno and fix the orion and install an ar drive and take it back with us to our reality we could build up a fleet of war ships and become a power to be even more reckoned with than we are now.

i mean as long as we make the ship strong eneough like equiping it with a cloak and asgard wepons and of course a zpm since if my plan works we would have loads of them, it would be almost invincible against the goauld and maybe the wraith as long as we played our cards right and kept a low profile we would be in and out an no one would ever know that we were there.

however there would have to be limits as to where we take things from because taking a zpm from atlantis thats occupied in an alternate reality would be out of the question because thats just wrong. other than that we would be just fine.

what do you think?
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

I don't see them making another ship after the other one. Also something could go wrong and leave them in the alternate reality. I don't think it is worth the risks.

Comment

Originally posted by leeman15251 View Post
      I don't see them making another ship after the other one. Also something could go wrong and leave them in the alternate reality. I don't think it is worth the risks.
      yes there is a certin amount of risk involved but makay said he could fix the glitch that caused the other one to malfunction and as long as they dont crew the ship with a hundred people and just use a basic crew of maybe 10 people the risk of being stranded wouldnt really outweigh the benefit of getting dozens if not hundreds of zpms. not to mention the other possibility of possibly contacting the ancients. i mean personally i would take the risk so long as the problem with the first one was fixed.
      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

It would be interesting to see how the SGA command would have accessed the risk. That is, IF the series had not been canceled.

~Dave

Comment

this is a related question and i don't know exactly where to put it but, what was the actually purpose for building the alternate reality drive?i don't know if they mentioned it on the show or i missed that part if they did...

Comment

Originally posted by boyd18 View Post
            this is a related question and i don't know exactly where to put it but, what was the actually purpose for building the alternate reality drive?i don't know if they mentioned it on the show or i missed that part if they did...

i dont recall it actually being mentioned but i think its possible that maybe they built it for my reason, to search for technology like zpms to defend earth and atlantis from some enemy in their universe. or maybe they got bored exploring their universe and decided to begin exploring alternat realitys, although i think thats unlikely.
            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by boyd18 View Post
              The reason the drive was built was probably intentionally meant to be a mystery. Though there are many practical uses for an AR drive such as jumping to another universe during an attack. Then you could go back to the universe of origin only behind your attacker since DV established that your relative position and momentum translate from one reality to the next.

Comment

I think that it was built for the very purpose of finding new tech, and as many ZPM's as possible.
                http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

Sounds like an idea for a 4th series.

Comment

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post
                    The ship in the third series will probably have to have something similar to the subspace capacitor to have been running for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post
                      Sounds like a better idea for the THIRD series. I'll be watching, but I seriously think this would've been better. Not to start ANOTHER ***** session about how stupid SGU will be. I plan on giving it a chance.
                      "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                      - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks that both the alternate reality drive and a series based on that are a really bad idea?

Look at what almost happened in this episode. Look at what happened when Daniel lost the connection between "our" quantum mirror and the one they went through to help Alternate-Kawalsky and Doctor Carter. How can you ever be sure you're back in your own reality?

Plus the series would probably end up like Sliders.

Plus, as with the Alternate-SG-1 in Ripple Effect, you can't just go stealing technology from other realities, you'd be depriving the people there of what they need to defend themselves.

Sheppard was right to shut down McKay on that score.
                        Son, do you know what colour this phone is?
                        - General Hammond

Comment

Working...
                        X