This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jewel Staite.......Cursed?????

I started to watch firefly on the uk sci fi channel and seeing Jewel Staite on it got me thinking almost everything she has been in has been cancelled Stargate Atlantis, FireFly, Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me etc etc Just look for yourself

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0821612/

Im not one of the fans that hates her for taking over Doctor Beckett role but i just want to get my view across.....

Jewel Staite is Cursed
    sigpic
    First time using GIMP2 can't say its not a bad job
    MGM, Sci-Fi Channel and the Creators are

I'll only watch SGU coz theres nowt to do on tuesday nites.

She's not cursed, she just chooses to work on quality shows that have little to no support of the networks that broadcast them.

Comment

They call it the Firefly alumni curse. It has been mentioned quite a few times at conventions I went to.

Jewel even apologized to the SGA-fans when she was in season 2, that she was sorry if they should cancel it because of this curse. At the time, we could assure her however it had already been renewed for a third season.

It strikes again though...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think it's a bit stupid and rude to say she's cursed, that tends to come off as you blaming the cancellation of any shows she's in on her, instead of it really being what Jeffala said, plenty of shows get cancelled anyway, Blood Ties was cancelled, she wasn't in it. Flash Gordon was, she wasn't in that, either.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
          I think it's a bit stupid and rude to say she's cursed, that tends to come off as you blaming the cancellation of any shows she's in on her, instead of it really being what Jeffala said, plenty of shows get cancelled anyway, Blood Ties was cancelled, she wasn't in it. Flash Gordon was, she wasn't in that, either.
          Jewel herself jokes about... Of course, I don't know if the OP knew this, but I do.

Comment

Oh, I know you know that, FH, I didn't mean it to come off as me directing my comment at you.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh, I know you know that, FH, I didn't mean it to come off as me directing my comment at you.
              That's okay.

Comment

As for Flash Gordon........that show really sucked big time (IMO) and it didn't NEED any help getting Canceled.
                Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

I'm gonna have to disagree there, I actually really liked it. But since Skiffy's obsessed with wrestling and D-list movies...very few of the movies on there are any good...I'm not surprised it was canceled, either.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm gonna have to disagree there, I actually really liked it. But since Skiffy's obsessed with wrestling and D-list movies...very few of the movies on there are any good...I'm not surprised it was canceled, either.
                    The movies actually made the D list.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

SWARM
                      MARIBUNTA
                      SNAKEHEAD TERROR
                      ROCK MONSTER
                      BOA
                      PYTHON
                      FRANKENFISH *headshake*
                      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmylad89 View Post
                        I started to watch firefly on the uk sci fi channel and seeing Jewel Staite on it got me thinking almost everything she has been in has been cancelled Stargate Atlantis, FireFly, Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me etc etc Just look for yourself

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0821612/

Im not one of the fans that hates her for taking over Doctor Beckett role but i just want to get my view across.....

Jewel Staite is Cursed
                        Ok ... that just takes the whole thing about Keller... way to far.
                        You are kidding right???? you have to be..
                        Spoiler:
                        APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                        (YEAR 0 - 100)
                        "O thou Sun,
                        send me as far over the earth
                        as is my pleasure and thine,
                        and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                        but never hear anything of bad ones,
                        nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately, Ikaros, I don't think they're kidding. I know Falcon is, but the OP? Yeah, doesn't look that way.

And anyway, I just noticed one of the shows in the OP's post. How is it Jewel's fault that Dead Like Me was canceled? She was in ONE episode. Tiny part.
                          sigpic

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjective_validation

Comment

How is it Jewel's fault that Dead Like Me was canceled? She was in ONE episode. Tiny part.
                              I so wanna see it, she looks absolutely crazy in it.

Dead Like Me is that with Ellen Muth?

Comment

Working...
                              X