Waste of an Episode for Paul/Carson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waste of an Episode for Paul/Carson...

I thought that 'Whispers' was an utter waste of those five episodes that PM was granted this year. I'm not expecting too much out of the writers anymore, but fist bump aside, this was just plain abysmal.

First, there was too much going on in this episode to give his character a decent story -- the all-woman team, horror elements, and overall nothing special that calls for his appearence. I was hoping that his episodes would devote time to him as a character. I guess not.

Secondly -- no Teyla, Ronon, and Rodney on the team with him and Sheppard. I could care less about the new girls, who dies and Beckett's potential girlfriend. I want to see him interact with and get equal moments with all of the team. It was only Sheppard in this episode and what, sixty seconds of McKay?

And last, the episode was unfocused and just shoddily written. Again, maybe I'm expecting too much, but I would think he would get something higher quality than this.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    I thought that 'Whispers' was an utter waste of those five episodes that PM was granted this year. I'm not expecting too much out of the writers anymore, but fist bump aside, this was just plain abysmal.

First, there was too much going on in this episode to give his character a decent story -- the all-woman team, horror elements, and overall nothing special that calls for his appearence. I was hoping that his episodes would devote time to him as a character. I guess not.

Secondly -- no Teyla, Ronon, and Rodney on the team with him and Sheppard. I could care less about the new girls, who dies and Beckett's potential girlfriend. I want to see him interact with and get equal moments with all of the team. It was only Sheppard in this episode and what, sixty seconds of McKay?

And last, the episode was unfocused and just shoddily written. Again, maybe I'm expecting too much, but I would think he would get something higher quality than this.
    but why were you expecting higher quality? SGA has been a lemon for few years now.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I think....and this is hard for me to say....that I agree with you.

Now I didn't expect every one of Beckett's 5 episodes to revolve around him, but I would have expected something less like it could have been just about anybody in that role.

Plus watching him and Porter together was like getting my eyeballs removed with spoons and then getting acid poured into the empty sockets...all while suffering from a horribly severe case of listeriosis.
      sigpic

Comment

I think fans are being a little melodramatic with this episode. Yes, this was far from one of the best episodes but it was not an utter disaster, imo.

As per Carson, he was really good in this episode. He acted like he was supposed to do. I think he once again saved an episode with a below par plot.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
          Plus watching him and Porter together was like getting my eyeballs removed with spoons and then getting acid poured into the empty sockets...all while suffering from a horribly severe case of listeriosis.
          Yes, we all felt Dusty's pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            I think fans are being a little melodramatic with this episode. Yes, this was far from one of the best episodes but it was not an utter disaster, imo.
            Not an utter disaster, no. I rather enjoyed the zombie-horror theme and thought Dusty was high-larious. She was, in fact, all that saved the Carson/Porter scenes for me because she said exactly what I was thinking...only nicer and with less swearing and gagging.

As per Carson, he was really good in this episode. He acted like he was supposed to do. I think he once again saved an episode with a below par plot.
            Really? You liked him in this episode? Because all he did was remind me of first season Carson (whom I hated) with the whining about walking and the need to remind everyone that he is not military and therefore doesn't have to take orders.

'Cause during that scene with him and Sheppard walking through the woods I wanted to come onto the forums and spam every thread in existence with, "SEEEEEE!!! Carson is so big, fat whiner!!!"

But I didn't because that wouldn't have been very diplomatic of me. Even though it's proof aplenty that Keller is not, in fact, the only whiny doctor on the show.

And the scene where he was insisting on going with Dusty and the one later where he did go after Dusty made me want to shoot him myself so he'd stay in the freaking cabin.

I mean, the man was carrying only a pistol for cryin' out loud. What was he hoping to do, scare the monsters with his ability to wave it around?
            sigpic

Comment

Not an utter disaster, no. I rather enjoyed the zombie-horror theme and thought Dusty was high-larious. She was, in fact, all that saved the Carson/Porter scenes for me because she said exactly what I was thinking...only nicer and with less swearing and gagging.

Really? You liked him in this episode? Because all he did was remind me of first season Carson (whom I hated) with the whining about walking and the need to remind everyone that he is not military and therefore doesn't have to take orders.
              Yes, he did help Sheppard at the end. It was cool seeing them fighting side by side.
              sigpic

Comment

Secondly -- no Teyla, Ronon, and Rodney on the team with him and Sheppard. I could care less about the new girls, who dies and Beckett's potential girlfriend. I want to see him interact with and get equal moments with all of the team. It was only Sheppard in this episode and what, sixty seconds of McKay?And last, the episode was unfocused and just shoddily written. Again, maybe I'm expecting too much, but I would think he would get something higher quality than this.

I agree it would have been better IMHO for him to have interacted with the team. the eps for carson are running down are we going to get to see something meaningfull between him and the team before the movies begin?

sigpic
                banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

I agree that I would've liked to see him interact with the team, seeing as it's the last season, but that's no reason for me to dismiss the new girls. I'm always ready to give new characters a chance, and Dusty didn't disappoint me. But Teldy was just there, not adding anything, and Porter, with Carson... *gag*

'Cause during that scene with him and Sheppard walking through the woods I wanted to come onto the forums and spam every thread in existence with, "SEEEEEE!!! Carson is so big, fat whiner!!!"
                  I thought the same thing

And the scene where he was insisting on going with Dusty and the one later where he did go after Dusty made me want to shoot him myself so he'd stay in the freaking cabin.

I mean, the man was carrying only a pistol for cryin' out loud. What was he hoping to do, scare the monsters with his ability to wave it around?
                  Oh yeah, that was such a stupid thing to do... Just the typical horror movie 'let's-all-get-separated-so-the-zombies-have-an-easier-time-killing-us' thing...

Although I'd like to point out that I kinda liked the episode. Not my favorite, but I don't think it's the worst thing ever either. Who knows, maybe I'm just easier to please than most people.
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by Pic-Collswan

Comment

But I didn't because that wouldn't have been very diplomatic of me. Even though it's proof aplenty that Keller is not, in fact, the only whiny doctor on the show.
                    Carson complaining didn't bother me so much as the fact they had John complaining too. That seemed way out of character for him.

Carson can whine at times. It doesn't turn me off his character. I'm glad to see you acknowledge that Keller is a whiner too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                      Carson complaining didn't bother me so much as the fact they had John complaining too. That seemed way out of character for him.

Carson can whine at times. It doesn't turn me off his character. I'm glad to see you acknowledge that Keller is a whiner too.
                      As has been stated before, I find a huge difference between a man in his 40's whining and a girl in her 20's. you would think that by the time someone reaches carson's age, they would have matured a bit. OH but clone!carson is what only 2 years old??? well whining is understandable for him then!
                      Last edited by Rac80; 24 September 2008, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                        As has been stated before, I find a huge difference between a man in his 40's whining and a girl in her 20's. you would think that by the time someone reaches carson's age, they would have matured a bit. OH but clone!carson is what only 2 years old??? well whining is understandabel for him then!
                        It seems to me, anyone placed in a position of responsibility and command shoud have a certain amount of maturity. I'm not going to make exceptions for the person that was appointed at a younger age.

I did think Carson was a bit whiny in this episode. But my reaction was to think, "Oh no, he's channeling Keller."

If they're going to bring Carson back, they should let him interact with his friends and colleagues and put his medical expertise to use. It's as if they're afraid to give Keller any competition. Of course I can see why. He shows her up every time. Carson comes across as a thousand times more mature and competent in a medical situation IMO.

Comment

Working...
                        X