This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ori ships

if this thread has been done before just direct me to it because every time i use the seasrch function i get back half the forum, well here goes:

the ori proboly have like 20 or 30 ships and they have no use for them. i mean they are proboly just going to park them and live on a planet and since there arent any enemys in there part of the universe and the only way to get there is through the supergate so why dont they loan a few to us to help us rid the pegasus galaxy of the wraith? i mean the priors could be on board and we could observe them while they go wraith hunting. i mean its the least they could do for us after they killed millions if not billions of people in the name of the ori to help us free another galaxy from the evil and oppression of the wraith.

and i have no doubt that since there ships are about as big as a hive and they have shields plus 2 maybe 3 shots from their main wepon could destroy a wraith hive, that they could wipe out the wraith. with our help of course but we only have 3 ships and any help from them would be awsome. what do you think?

STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

your proposal would probably mean the end of any sort of atlantis continuation. A fleet of 5 earth ships packed together could wipe out the entire wraith too. But lets not get carried away...

Comment

Originally posted by andy tyler View Post
      your proposal would probably mean the end of any sort of atlantis continuation. A fleet of 5 earth ships packed together could wipe out the entire wraith too. But lets not get carried away...

unless the new enemy from enemy at the gate is the aliens we saw from deadalus variations which would be super cool. we would just be killing the old wraith to make room for the new enemy. i would really like to see an enemy capable of resisting the awsome power of the majic asgard beams.
      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
        if this thread has been done before just direct me to it because every time i use the seasrch function i get back half the forum, well here goes:

the ori proboly have like 20 or 30 ships and they have no use for them. i mean they are proboly just going to park them and live on a planet and since there arent any enemys in there part of the universe and the only way to get there is through the supergate so why dont they loan a few to us to help us rid the pegasus galaxy of the wraith? i mean the priors could be on board and we could observe them while they go wraith hunting. i mean its the least they could do for us after they killed millions if not billions of people in the name of the ori to help us free another galaxy from the evil and oppression of the wraith.

and i have no doubt that since there ships are about as big as a hive and they have shields plus 2 maybe 3 shots from their main wepon could destroy a wraith hive, that they could wipe out the wraith. with our help of course but we only have 3 ships and any help from them would be awsome. what do you think?

This Would mean a major element of SG-1 (Priors and Ori Ships) in Stargate Atlantis and well...... You can imagine the sort of threads that would pop up in the thousands on this forum, the boycotts, the threats from Cranky Fans TPTB are smart enough to know what would happen if they crossed SG-1 and Atlantis THAT MUCH......

As for an in-universe explanation..... I have no idea

Comment

to make up for that, pop a few lucian alliance hataks in pegasus. they could be looking for new sources of casa

Comment

We aren't technically enemies with the Ori anymore, but I don't think we are allies either. Given the fact that they have destroyed millions of lives in our galaxy in the name of a false religion only to discover thier gods weren't gods, I'd say thier society is in choas and the last thing they'd want to do is hand over some of their ships to a potentially vengeful former enemy. So basically we are on our own. Also given the strength of Hive Ships it's likely the Wraith could bring down Ori ships with sheer numbers like they did with the Lantiens.

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post

I agree that the Ori followers do owe us but their ships are uber powerful so I think it's pretty unlikely that they would hand 'em over even with Priors.
              The Priors hold the remaining technological knowledge of the Ori (I think) so I don't think they would wanna risk their lives.
              They're just too important even though they're not the religious figures that they once were.
              As a people they've gotta learn to live without their gods and move forward so I don't think getting into a new conflict would be the best thing for them and I'm pretty sure the SGC would agree.

I think it would only take one shot to take out a hive coz they're able to go through a Ha'Tak's shields and destroy that ship.
              So with the Wraith not having any shields and their hull taking the full force of that weapon one shot could likely destroy a Hive.

Perhaps in the future we'll forge a relationship of some kind with the Humans in the Ori galaxy and trade knowledge with them.
              That's if they haven't deactivated the Supergate.

Comment

But... The Ori had to use a supergate for intergalactic travel. Does this mean the ships lacked the necessary tech to make intergalactic hyperspace journeys? If this is the case, why not just cannibalize their weapons tech (and maybe power source?) and put it on an earth ship?
                ~~~~~ Meant to Be ~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by BeccaBeez View Post
                  But... The Ori had to use a supergate for intergalactic travel. Does this mean the ships lacked the necessary tech to make intergalactic hyperspace journeys? If this is the case, why not just cannibalize their weapons tech (and maybe power source?) and put it on an earth ship?
                  The Ori had to have or they never would have made it into the Ida Galaxy in Unending. It took the Alterans who most likely had intergalactic many years to reach the Milky Way. We just have no idea how many galaxies away the Ori galaxy is
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by BeccaBeez View Post
                    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    The Ori had to have or they never would have made it into the Ida Galaxy in Unending. It took the Alterans who most likely had intergalactic many years to reach the Milky Way. We just have no idea how many galaxies away the Ori galaxy is
                    Like Jelgate said in Unending the Ori ships made it to Orilla which was in another galaxy.
                    In my opinion it's likely that the Ori's power source is at least comparable to a ZPM in the amount of power it creates.
                    Making the Supergate was just a much more efficient way of making it to the Milky Way than having to travel all that way, plus it makes sense from a strategic point of view that they have atleast one in our galaxy to help with deploying reinforcements.
                    It would likely take a monumentally powerful energy source even greater than that which powered the Ori ships or a ZPM to travel the distance from the Ori galaxy to the Milky Way in the same time as it takes to travel through a wormhole so it just makes sense to use the Supergate.

Comment

i don't think that they would go along with ur plan evan though it would be good but than there is no enemy in the pegusus galexy and the show gets boring after a while.
                      sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

Even though, as Lantien84 said, we are no longer enimies with them, you have to think of how the Prior's are going to react to this,

Spoiler:
                        for a start we say how the Doci (SP?) acted in The Ark of Truth! Once he was exposed to the Ark

The Ori are not really going to be in the mood to go out and wage war against the Wraith. Also some poeple may have had good lives under the Ori and Earth just took that aways from them, I think there may be some "rebel Ori" out there some where.

@ Pheonix - Thats a very good point, the Priors should still know how to create the Ori Toilet Seat Ships!!
                        A Proud Supporter of "Fan-Slash-Fiction" Since 1998

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X