When the bloody hell did Carson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the bloody hell did Carson...

...start taking orders from the Military?
    Let me cast your minds back in season 1....

"BECKETT: Look, Colonel, I don't answer to you."

"Ford: You're always saying that you're not military. You don't have to take orders.
    Beckett: Aye.
    Ford(after handing a P90): Now you do.
    Beckett: So long as it's temporary"

So why did Beckett **** himself and do what he was told when Dusty emphasized the fact it was an order?
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Because it was a military situation...?

It's the same thing when Ford told him that now he has to take orders. She took command to try and save him. It was clearly a military situation they were in. Carson's not dumb. He knows that she knows more about the military than he does. He's been in a situation before where despite being civilian he has to take orders from the military. How is this any different?

Comment

The point is before he seemed very reluctant to take orders, but this time when she said "that's an order" he was like "well, if it's an order..I'll just stop arguing then"
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Like I said, he's been in that kind of situation before. He knows the protocol now. It's not anything new to him. When it's a military situation, the military takes over, and the civilians take a backseat. It would be pointless for him to argue the fact, again. He's not dumb. I think he could catch on after a couple times.

Comment

well he's not the same carson. he's just a copy made by Micheal. Carson wouldn't be standing in a corner hiding like a scared little girl either.
          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
            well he's not the same carson. he's just a copy made by Micheal. Carson wouldn't be standing in a corner hiding like a scared little girl either.
            Oh please. It's the same freaking Carson. The only thing different about him is that he spent a year and a half as Michael's prisoner.

The fact is he didn't want to listen to military orders 4 years ago! Since then he has obviously realized in military situations military officers take control.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
              Oh please. It's the same freaking Carson. The only thing different about him is that he spent a year and a half as Michael's prisoner.
              I'd say that's a pretty damn big difference...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                I'd say that's a pretty damn big difference...
                However, it's not going to change him into a coward. Or any of his other basic personality traits.

Comment

The fact is he didn't want to listen to military orders 4 years ago! Since then he has obviously realized in military situations military officers take control.
                  No there is another difference. He dyes his hair too dark now.

Comment

Originally posted by aboleyn24 View Post
                    No there is another difference. He dyes his hair too dark now.
                    Damn! You got me.

Comment

he was scared out of his mind and he's not the same carson ....
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Um actually he is not. For one thing Clone Carson was not alive 4 years ago. He never existed.

Now before Original Carson died in Season 3, Micheal created another Carson in another part of the Galaxy to help him with his research and is only found in Season 4. I think there was a time that the Original and the Clone existed in the same time frame.

So if Clone Carson is the same as Original Carson, then why are there 2 bodies? They are 2 DIFFERENT breathing sentient beings. Not only that but they are living Life in 2 different areas acquiring different memories. They have different brains and Consciousness's. Also Most of the memories of Clone Carson are not even his.

Its like saying you go to War and are killed in it, some of your friends make a clone of you and then they say you have came back to life. But your body is still in your grave?

The debate about weather Clone Carson is the same as the Original depends on what you believe makes a person who they are.

Just because some one is genetically identical does not make him the same. A clone has a different Consciousness then the original (Consciousness is hard to explain). If i created a Clone of me and gave him my memories he would still not be me. Because every second he is living he is gaining memories i dont have. Also we are expiring reality in 2 different places with different eyes and brains, etc.

The only way Original Carson can come back in Stargate Canon is if he ascended. And he did not do that.

I dont like it how Many Stargate Fans say Clone Carson is the same as the Original. It is stupid that they think you can just replace a person who died. Well you cant.

PS: Sorry for the Rant
                        Last edited by haloplayer; 06 September 2008, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
                          Um actually he is not. For one thing Clone Carson was not alive 4 years ago. He never existed.

Now before Original Carson died in Season 3, Micheal created another Carson in another part of the Galaxy to help him with his research and is only found in Season 4. I think there was a time that the Original and the Clone existed in the same time frame.

So if Clone Carson is the same as Original Carson, then why are there 2 bodies? They are 2 DIFFERENT breathing sentient beings. Not only that but they are living Life in 2 different areas acquiring different memories. They have different brains and Consciousness's. Also Most of the memories of Clone Carson are not even his.

Its like saying you go to War and are killed in it, some of your friends make a clone of you and then they say you have came back to life. But your body is still in your grave?

The debate about weather Clone Carson is the same as the Original depends on what you believe makes a person who they are.

Just because some one is genetically identical does not make him the same. A clone has a different Consciousness then the original (Consciousness is hard to explain). If i created a Clone of me and gave him my memories he would still not be me. Because every second he is living he is gaining memories i dont have. Also we are expiring reality in 2 different places with different eyes and brains, etc.

The only way Original Carson can come back in Stargate Canon is if he ascended. And he did not do that.

I dont like it how Many Stargate Fans say Clone Carson is the same as the Original. It is stupid that they think you can just replace a person who died. Well you cant.

PS: Sorry for the Rant
                          No need to be sorry for the rant, I just disagree. Maybe Clone Carson is not exactly the same, but 95% of him is. And although the clone didn't exactly experience what Carson did, in his memories he did - plus or minus a little bit. There's such a small difference between the clone and the original that I consider it insignificant and them to be the same person.

Comment

This seems like a crazy dilemma. I agree that, in a military situation, civilian personnel of Atlantis are ready, willing, and able (or sometimes not quite so willing) to follow orders when necessary. In medical matters, the doctor can pre-empt any military rank, and in military matters, the ranking military officer pre-empts any Atlantis personnel, even civilians. No, Carson didn't have to LIKE it, but he's a smart guy, and to me, being behind a locked door in that situation seems like a pretty smart order.

Just my opinion...

Comment

but clone carson also was prisoner under micheal's control for over a year. Micheal had put some changes in him. Clone Carson could NOT shot Micheal even when he wanted too.

He's not the same man as the real carson. Just a cheap knock off...like the generic drugs I get from my pharmacy. Sure, the generic does the same as the name brand but works in a totally different way. Is composed differently than the name brand and has different inert ingredients.

Clone Carson is still a clone that has certain programs established by Micheal in him.

He's not the real deal and will not act like Real Carson. He's the generic.
                              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
                              X