This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sequels to 'Stargate'? Yes Please!

I'm really like the Stargate Movie, and I'm hearing more and more that there will be sequels to the original movie, as was originally intended. I for one am interested in this, and I really hope it gets the green light. Oh, yes, and while I'm at it, I also hope "Children of the Gods" was redone as well. Don't bother redoing Stargate, because it was just fine. And we cant redo all the episode in crappy definition. I mean we're not going to get all the Audrey Hepburn lookalikes and redo a film just for the sake of HD, are we?

The comments you've probably heard were made by Devlin trying to drum up publicity, the sequels aren't going to happen.

Comment

Which I think is a shame.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

After the crap Devlin and Emmerich have made of late, I don't. But then, I probably wouldn't either way, I hate when franchises do that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          After the crap Devlin and Emmerich have made of late, I don't. But then, I probably wouldn't either way, I hate when franchises do that sort of thing.
          I wouldn't have said the same 7 years ago, I just would love to get a taste of classic Stargate, which imo is the movie and the first six years of SG1.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            I wouldn't have said the same 7 years ago, I just would love to get a taste of classic Stargate, which imo is the movie and the first six years of SG1.
            I agree about "classic" stargate being 1 through 6.... but the movie?... c'mon the movie was terrible... I only watched it to get the full story of how it started... and it was just..... soooo.. bad.
            BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

wont happen. no way. no how.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                I agree about "classic" stargate being 1 through 6.... but the movie?... c'mon the movie was terrible... I only watched it to get the full story of how it started... and it was just..... soooo.. bad.
                I really enjoyed it. It's what made me fall in love with Stargate. The idea of aliens posing as Egyptian Gods, a modern day military expedition to another planet...

It captured the true sense of awe that is what Stargate is about.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed it. It's what made me fall in love with Stargate. The idea of aliens posing as Egyptian Gods, a modern day military expedition to another planet...

It captured the true sense of awe that is what Stargate is about.
                  I thought the original Stargate movie was ok - not great, but ok. If it had not been made and the series was still done, I'm not sure I would have even known about the series, so it was really good in that area. Attracting people to the series because they saw the original movie and wanted to see how the series would work out - and we all know how that worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by hamatau'ri View Post
                    I'm really like the Stargate Movie, and I'm hearing more and more that there will be sequels to the original movie, as was originally intended. I for one am interested in this, and I really hope it gets the green light. Oh, yes, and while I'm at it, I also hope "Children of the Gods" was redone as well. Don't bother redoing Stargate, because it was just fine. And we cant redo all the episode in crappy definition. I mean we're not going to get all the Audrey Hepburn lookalikes and redo a film just for the sake of HD, are we?
                    MGM considers Stargate SG-1 as the official continuation of the original movie. A sequel made by the original movie's production team won't happen. This is especially evident by the fact that MGM is focusing on SG-1 and Atlantis movies.

Really, who wants to see a sequel to a 14-year-old movie? I like Kurt Russell, but he's no Harrison Ford or Bruce Willis.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                      MGM considers Stargate SG-1 as the official continuation of the original movie. A sequel made by the original movie's production team won't happen. This is especially evident by the fact that MGM is focusing on SG-1 and Atlantis movies.

Really, who wants to see a sequel to a 14-year-old movie? I like Kurt Russell, but he's no Harrison Ford or Bruce Willis.
                      *cough* Ghostbusters III *cough*

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Sequels to 'Stargate'? No Thank You!
                        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I wanna see more SG1 and Atlantis movies in the future please....that they are at least 120min. long...
                          sigpic

Comment

*cough* Ghostbusters III *cough*
                            Entirely different situation. Stargate was one movie that has sense been followed up by over 200 TV episodes and two movies based on one of the shows. Ghostbusters has had only two movies, the second of which left the story wide open. Everything else was animated and likely would not be acknowledged by a third movie. A third movie would have to be animated or a next generation story with the original ghostbusters as mentors to a new team.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                              Entirely different situation. Stargate was one movie that has sense been followed up by over 200 TV episodes and two movies based on one of the shows. Ghostbusters has had only two movies, the second of which left the story wide open. Everything else was animated and likely would not be acknowledged by a third movie. A third movie would have to be animated or a next generation story with the original ghostbusters as mentors to a new team.
                              I know, I was just saying that just because it's a sequel to a 14 year old movie doesn't make it something people don't want to see.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X