Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klinjon View Post
    Stuff.
    "To fall into a plothole" is a Gateworld term when something is forgotten once an episode is over. It's not that the event is a plothole, it's that it supposedly falls into one and disappears seemingly forever.

When I say "The episode will most probably fall into a plot hole", what I mean by that is that events in this episode will most probably be forgotten and, at most, referenced in passing, in future episodes.

Unless we're gonna encounter more of these things, nothing that occured in "Whispers" will matter as the things were abandoned prototypes entirely different from the finished product.

Comment

I watch SGA to be entertained and so far most of the eps todate have entertained me. I couldn't care less if they are meant to bottle shows, filler eps or part of an arc... as long as I find something entertaining in them I am happy.

Season five has entertained me for the most part. Some episodes more than others. Some things have not been my cup of tea so to speak but I cannot fault the acting or the delivery in any of the episodes.... I hear a lot about bad writing and filler eps but for each person who says it contained bad writing there is another saying it was great..so who is right.. Bad writing seems to get used as an excuse if the episode didnt go the way some wanted...didn't feature their fav character enough or the story wasn't told the way they would have liked. Sure Whispers had some plot holes....if you look close enough most eps have plot holes... but the so called plot holes didn't detract from my enjoyment and overall I liked most of the team.. Porter was a tad insipid for me whilst others loved her, some didnt like Dusty while I thought she was great and so on.... so again it's just the nature of fandom....

You will always get a myriad of opinions on episodes because we are all looking for different things and enjoy different aspects of the show.. but what is the point of nitpicking something to death when it's a TV show and also science fiction or saying someone shouldnt have acted that way.. they should have done something else...there will always be something to complain about.

Out of all the eps in season five The Shrine was my least favourite. I found it boring and predictable and a rehash of Tao of Rodney.. seeing Rodney do his rainman impression didn't entertain me at all... brain surgery in caves and the CMO showing feelings for her patient, didnt impress. So I could also shout about bad writing, rehash of previous episodes, filler ep that didnt futher the ongoing arc, etc etc....

In most eps there will be something to nitpick about, so it gets called bad writing, or boring, or all the usual list of complaints that get thrown around..but it usually amounts to just not liking what was dished up in that episode... it didnt live up to our expectations or feature what we like about the show... but that doesn't mean it doesnt live up to other fans expectations and for them it could be the best episode ever.. and to others the worst episode ever....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
        "To fall into a plothole" is a Gateworld term when something is forgotten once an episode is over. It's not that the event is a plothole, it's that it supposedly falls into one and disappears seemingly forever.

When I say "The episode will most probably fall into a plot hole", what I mean by that is that events in this episode will most probably be forgotten and, at most, referenced in passing, in future episodes.

Unless we're gonna encounter more of these things, nothing that occured in "Whispers" will matter as the things were abandoned prototypes entirely different from the finished product.
        I wasn't aware Gateworld had a separate definition for the term...

Comment

Originally posted by Klinjon View Post
          I wasn't aware Gateworld had a separate definition for the term...
          I wasn't aware other fandoms used "Fall into a plot hole" for other definitions. It's probably not just Gateworld but I've never seen anyone use "Fall into a plot hole" for anything other than what I described earlier.

Comment

Working...
          X