Captain Vega? (Whispers Ep)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anlaria Onyx View Post
    I was pissed! I liked Vega, but Dusty lived, so I'm a little less peeved.
    I was hoping Dusty would be killed but heh.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Surprised? Yes. Unpredictable? OK.

Good? No. I'm very disappointed.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Goes to show that the writers don't know how to handle newly introduced characters at all. When they first introduced her I thought she was going to end up like major Lorne and be part of the show, but it looks like that might be reserved for someone else like Teldy, Dusty or Porter. If they bring any of them back at all later in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRasschaert View Post
          Goes to show that the writers don't know how to handle newly introduced characters at all. When they first introduced her I thought she was going to end up like major Lorne and be part of the show, but it looks like that might be reserved for someone else like Teldy, Dusty or Porter. If they bring any of them back at all later in the season.
          Why didn't they kill off the other guy? He died anyway!

sigpic
          Sig by me!
          My FanFic's

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            Whispers was filmed quite a while before they found out. I'm really surprised they killed Vega, a bit disappointed too. Joe was making out Leela was the best thing since sliced bread so I expected her to stick around, plus he all but said Teldy would die, but I suppose that's what he wanted us to think... Shame they didn't kill Porter, her character was total bleh.
            Leela was more useful as one of Baltar's cultist
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

you know, i would have been really upset by vega's death if the series was not ending. if there was the potential for more atlantis, then vega would have been an amazing addition to the cast. she seemed really cool and is EASILY the most gorgeous woman in atlantis ... of course her beauty is further increased by her firepower!!

but, with the whole thing wrapping up, they can;t afford to spend any time an a new character, no matter how awesome.

my real complaint is how she dies in such a confusing and undramatic way. her getting sucked into the fog was awesome! but when we see her body, she doesn't look dead, they don;t say she's dead, they just run away! there should have been blood everywhere, or lots of screaming or SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!!

Comment

Originally posted by grime View Post
                you know, i would have been really upset by vega's death if the series was not ending. if there was the potential for more atlantis, then vega would have been an amazing addition to the cast. she seemed really cool and is EASILY the most gorgeous woman in atlantis ... of course her beauty is further increased by her firepower!!

but, with the whole thing wrapping up, they can;t afford to spend any time an a new character, no matter how awesome.

my real complaint is how she dies in such a confusing and undramatic way. her getting sucked into the fog was awesome! but when we see her body, she doesn't look dead, they don;t say she's dead, they just run away! there should have been blood everywhere, or lots of screaming or SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!!
                Glad to see I wasn't the only one confused! I thought they were just leaving her, I didn't think she was dead.

But Leela is drop dead gorgeous, I'm a chick and I can say that. I wished they kept her longer, I would have liked to see her with Ronon, or at least friends with him. They would have made a good a$$-kicking team.

sigpic
                Sig by me!
                My FanFic's

Comment

I realize this is an old conversation, but I was just thinking about this the other day - how the character was so hyped before the season started, and then was suddenly killed off. Could her getting killed off have had anything to do with her getting the role on BSG? Maybe the writers weren't planning on that when they first created the character.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    I realize this is an old conversation, but I was just thinking about this the other day - how the character was so hyped before the season started, and then was suddenly killed off. Could her getting killed off have had anything to do with her getting the role on BSG? Maybe the writers weren't planning on that when they first created the character.
                    I was wondering the same thing. I just don't know how one could possibly figure out the timing of when each show was filming.

A girl like that is gonna attract more viewers. It doesn't make sense that the writers would kill her off, for the sole purpose, of surprising the audience. This makes me wonder if the directors had a hard time with her for some reason (forgetting lines, prima donna complex etc.).

It appears that later on they had an "Oh my god! What have we done?" moment and brought Sharon Taylor in as the reasonable facsimile--Amelia Banks.

Anyhow, it seems that Captain Vega is back from the dead and living on Atlantis now. What is more, she wants a date with me!
                    Last edited by fwupow; 02 September 2009, 08:04 PM.
                    sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Working...
                    X