Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice episode. The first clip show in Atlantis I believe. At least they made it better than SG-1's.

The episode of "Cor-Ai" of SG-1 came to mind here except this was a little different.

When are they going to learn that mysterious meeting places usually mean that you'll get kidnapped?

I find it quite insulting that people like that would blame Atlantis instead of thanking them. Especially since the opinion of the villages of the galaxy has been positive in the past.

The main thing that bugged me about this episode is how could primitive people build a castle-like building underground and burn fires letalone breathe in it without any kind of ventillation. Or did the Genii help them?

Not much to say about this one since most of it was a clip show. But Woolsey's actions looking for the team and detaining that member of the coalition was a good move. I'm so tired of the pitty moves that end up making leaders let the bad guys go.

I was worried when Woolsey first went to that planet. It must be obvious by now that all trials in village-setting planets are rigged. Especially with a non-impartial member.

So what is the Genii's new problem? Didn't they become allies with Atlantis or was that because they had to at the time?

I like that we got to see Woolsey play the defence attorney in this episode. I always felt like he was capable of such things.

Very nice when he leveled the playing field in the crooked trial. Too bad about his father's watch though.

I was very relieved that they ended up letting the team go as I kept thinking that they were going to have to fight their way out of that one. How do those primitive villagers have any info at all on the Asurans or the Todd alliance?

The ending bothered me as it is the first time that I know of in Stargate history that tobacco use has been portrayed by the "good guys" - that felt out of place in my opinion.

I don't know if most of you are against that or in favor of it or don't care but I think it's never good when any TV show portrays the use of tobacco positively, even if it's just a victory cigar? I just can't wait for the questions about whether or not Woolsey and Sheppard smoke or not.

Vala,

Comment

Clip show. Not what I was expecting. I will say that the clip shows SGA has done have been fabulous. I'm reminding myself that TPTB didn't know SGA was canceled when they wrote and filmed this.

Good stuff:
      * the judges - really well acted by all 3. The accusations were well thought out (though I wonder where they got some of their info). I especially enjoyed the woman judge. She vibrated with rage (which I completely understand based on her experiences).

* the entire concept - the expedition has had a decided effect on the galaxy. I loved that it was recognized.

* mention of Atlantis' trade relations in the galaxy. Always good to have affirmation that those kinds of things are still occuring and important.

* Lorne! Always good to see him.

* Woolsey - I love him more every time I see him. Self-assured, strong, and not above bribery.

* Sheppard - forced to face things he already blames himself for. JF did a great job here.

* Ronon and Teyla's response - they see the accusations from a different perspective. I would have really loved to hear Teyla's response to the charges.

* political machinations headed by the Genii - you just can't trust anyone in Pegasus.

* the ending balcony scene - AWESOME

Quibbles
      * clip show

* hardly any of the other team members. It would have been nice to see all of them have to answer

This was a terrific concept that could have been so much more - a public trial where victims of the different atrocities testified, a heavier sense of danger, responses from all the team. That being said, this was an excellent clip show, and one that could lead to some interesting future interactions in the galaxy.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      Cigars = WIN
      Indeed. My love knows no bounds for that scene.

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
      Loved Woolsey's Federation line.

I was wondering how long it'd be until they made some form of Star Trek reference in relation to him.
      Hee! That was perfect. And Rodney: "Without the ships!"
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana
      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
        Very nice episode. The first clip show in Atlantis I believe
        Letters From Pegasus can count as a clip show

Comment

They gave Woolsey Obama's resume' lol

The formation of the "Pegasus Alliance" (or w/e they're gonna call it) in this episode reminded me a lot of the formation of the IOA in SG-1.
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Well this episode brought up some of the moral decisions made my Atlantis so it was good in that sense. But I don't think we need an episode like this to remind us of what Atlantis has been through and that they have taken a few steps back, made a lot of sacrificies, made enemies and allies. But in the end they should be able to have a Pegasus galaxy free of most threats. As per the episode itself was not my cup of tea, and is the lowest rated ep since "Whispers", imo. Well the last 3 eps were excellent, one of them likely being one of the best two-parters of the series, last week's had very strong character development. So you cannot love them all. The next episode looks really good, btw, and will likely will complete yet another story arc of SGA. Well cannot love them all. This one was better than Whispers, imo. That ain't saying much.

BTW, do not tune into SCI FI next Friday, Ghost Plumbers is airing their horrible live special, imo and will likely require some true SCI FI fans to gouge out their eyes with lemons.

*You've been warned, Atlantis returns in 2 weeks*
            The moral issues were tackled but nothing truly resolved; it would be nice if we could see suspicion from some Pegasus Galaxy locals down the line. oh wait, smacks self with dead trout. There will be no later on (shakes fist at MGm and Skiffy).

Meanwhile, folks will watch Ghost Hunters cuz they're stuntcasting Amanda Tapping on the October 31st episode, AND stuntcasting Colin Ferguson from EUREKA on Wednesday's episode. Wish they could have gotten David Hewlett to do one, but if he went into McKay mode, he'd *cough* scare away the ghosts.

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
              Letters From Pegasus can count as a clip show

"Letters from Pegasus" had a lot more meat to it. It was a clip show to some degree, but had its own plot within.

Comment

Like the council, I had less of a problem with them waking the Wraith. They were new, they really had no idea what they were up against or getting into. Michael, though, was a series of mistakes that could have easily have been prevented witha few more precautions. Such as, I don't know, not keeping him on Atlantis. Or making the same mistake twice by turning him human again.

I'm iffy on whether they should have been found guilty or innocent. But the part I liked the least was Woolsey and Sheppard smoking and drinking and not even commentating on the fact that part of what they were accused of was true.
                *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
                *~*
                sigpic
                *~*
                photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

I liked this episode. Woolsey was amazing.

One thing though: I think if they took time to question the whole team, they could have taken out the clips and have more time to add to everyone's character. Different views of the same situation can be a lot more interesting then reshowing old clips.

Still, Woolsey totally gained points this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    "The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions"

I don't think anyone would condemn them for acting maliciously, but they've certainly acted irresponsibly at times, and many people are dead, regardless of what their intentions were.
                    That's very true. But should they be punished (exiled for the rest of their lives) for mistakes made while defending their lives?
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                      They gave Woolsey Obama's resume' lol

The formation of the "Pegasus Alliance" (or w/e they're gonna call it) in this episode reminded me a lot of the formation of the IOA in SG-1.
                      UGH! I hope not. One group of pompous, indecisive, bickering bedwetters is enough...

Comment

See, Teyla's been set up right from the beginning as the mediator, the go-between, the diplomatic, calm and unflappable one. Why didn't Sheppard have her talking to the councilors right from the beginning?

Really, that's the only thing I can find to quibble about on this ep.

I like the promise of an increase of the socio-political influence the Expedition is to have in the PG, but it's coming awfully late in the game, considering the cancellation and all. Okay, there's another little quibble...

Comment

Originally posted by lirenel View Post
                          Like the council, I had less of a problem with them waking the Wraith. They were new, they really had no idea what they were up against or getting into. Michael, though, was a series of mistakes that could have easily have been prevented witha few more precautions. Such as, I don't know, not keeping him on Atlantis. Or making the same mistake twice by turning him human again.

I'm iffy on whether they should have been found guilty or innocent. But the part I liked the least was Woolsey and Sheppard smoking and drinking and not even commentating on the fact that part of what they were accused of was true.
                          We've seen them question themselves in the past. I don't think Sheppard or Woolsey took the accusations lightly, but they've reconciled themselves to what they've done and don't dwell. Continually wallowing in guilt and beating themselves up over past mistakes won't do themselves or anyone else any good.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana

Comment

BOOOORING! Nothing but a damn clip show. No action. No fighting. Ronon didn't even get to shoot his gun. Nothing dull, boring talking and politics. Woolsey is soooo dull.
                            sigpic
                            Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Did they do Lizzie and Carson justice?

Comment

This episode was a C+ or a 5 at best. Ugh! the only redeeming quality was Woosley's leadership. I can't wait for the Prodigal.

Comment

Working...
                                X