Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Arrow2 'Inquisition' (513) General Discussion

Visit the Episode GuideATLANTIS SEASON FIVE
    INQUISITION
    EPISODE NUMBER - 513

A new coalition of human worlds puts the Atlantis team on trial for their alleged crimes against the Pegasus Galaxy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    SPOILERS! PHOTOS! AND MORE!
    Last edited by Darren; September 12th, 2008 at 05:21 PM.

Default Re: 'Inquisition' (513) General Discussion

I think this episode could have been done without the clips. If they were trying to get the fans to think about what the characters have done and if it was right I think they could have done it much better.

Major General

Cigars = WIN

Major

Great for a clip show type of episode.

Vala,

Loved Woolsey's Federation line.

I was wondering how long it'd be until they made some form of Star Trek reference in relation to him.

Staff Sergeant

I really think Woolsey came into his own on this episode. He showed true leadership and the kind of loyalty and resolve to see his team through to "victory" even if it meant the IOA and its policies be damned. We even get to have SG-1 past come back when the judge referred to Woolsey thinking that human life was just a numbers game (SG-1 Season 7: Heroes) and he was visibly upset by this reference.

Very good for a clip/recap episode - especially since we got some MAJOR character development. This episode makes me hope we see Woolsey in the movies.

As far as clip show go this was not bad. Not great but not bad. But I guess I am a little biased. I'm a sucker when Stargate show political processes. Surprisingly Woosley is good diplomat. I think he could even rival Weir in that area. I think the worst thing about this episode was that Teyla, Ronon, and McKay were barely their. It was primarly a Sheppard and Woosley episode but still pretty mediocroe. I guess I would like some more varied clips. It seemed like they included the big episodes aka season premiers/finale and mid season two parters.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Chief Master Sergeant

its a recap episode. where they breifly recap whats happened in the story so far.

you can skip it if you have watched all the previous epis or at least hte main ones.

but at least they laid to rest that these replicators are totally different tech than the MW ones.

executed pretty interestingly, but its still a recap epi.

not that impressive over all.

i missed the first half of it. but the half i saw wasn't bad at all. woolsey saved the day......awesome.
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina

the episode was okay. it was a clip episode, and they're always, well, just 'okay.' however, woolsey was the best part of it. finally got to do something!

Major General

I'm not sure about the outcome. I liked the way they had to cheat their way out of it, but I didn't like the way that the guy who was voting solely on reason somehow managed to find them not guilty. Hopefully his reasoning was swayed by Woolsey's speech at the end, rather than him actually thinking what they are genuinely innocent.

It's a shame; just as soon as we see the classic SG moments of being trapped with the deck stacked against them, a lead character becoming a joy to watch (kudos to Picardo) and even clip shows being less "clipy" , the end of this particular wormhole is just about here.

Well this episode brought up some of the moral decisions made my Atlantis so it was good in that sense. But I don't think we need an episode like this to remind us of what Atlantis has been through and that they have taken a few steps back, made a lot of sacrificies, made enemies and allies. But in the end they should be able to have a Pegasus galaxy free of most threats. As per the episode itself was not my cup of tea, and is the lowest rated ep since "Whispers", imo. Well the last 3 eps were excellent, one of them likely being one of the best two-parters of the series, last week's had very strong character development. So you cannot love them all. The next episode looks really good, btw, and will likely will complete yet another story arc of SGA. Well cannot love them all. This one was better than Whispers, imo. That ain't saying much.

BTW, do not tune into SCI FI next Friday, Ghost Plumbers is airing their horrible live special, imo and will likely require some true SCI FI fans to gouge out their eyes with lemons.

*You've been warned, Atlantis returns in 2 weeks*
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    I'm not sure about the outcome. I liked the way they had to cheat their way out of it, but I didn't like the way that the guy who was voting solely on reason somehow managed to find them not guilty. Hopefully his reasoning was swayed by Woolsey's speech at the end, rather than him actually thinking what they are genuinely innocent.
    I think some of it is that the argument that Atlantis can't be held responsible for the actions of things outside their control. Yes we woke the Wraith, yes we created Michael, yes we rewrote the base code - but, we weren't malicious in our intent, and we have been trying to fix these mistakes. Then there's the fact that everything stems back to the ancients, and the judges admitted that they couldn't take out their anger on them, so they put Atlantis in the cross-hairs. The simple fact that this was a witch hunt could also have swayed the judge.

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by JeffKnight View Post
    I think some of it is that the argument that Atlantis can't be held responsible for the actions of things outside their control. Yes we woke the Wraith, yes we created Michael, yes we rewrote the base code - but, we weren't malicious in our intent, and we have been trying to fix these mistakes. Then there's the fact that everything stems back to the ancients, and the judges admitted that they couldn't take out their anger on them, so they put Atlantis in the cross-hairs. The simple fact that this was a witch hunt could also have swayed the judge.
    "The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions"

I don't think anyone would condemn them for acting maliciously, but they've certainly acted irresponsibly at times, and many people are dead, regardless of what their intentions were.

Major

Very nice episode. The first clip show in Atlantis I believe. At least they made it better than SG-1's.

The episode of "Cor-Ai" of SG-1 came to mind here except this was a little different.

When are they going to learn that mysterious meeting places usually mean that you'll get kidnapped?

I find it quite insulting that people like that would blame Atlantis instead of thanking them. Especially since the opinion of the villages of the galaxy has been positive in the past.

The main thing that bugged me about this episode is how could primitive people build a castle-like building underground and burn fires letalone breathe in it without any kind of ventillation. Or did the Genii help them?

Not much to say about this one since most of it was a clip show. But Woolsey's actions looking for the team and detaining that member of the coalition was a good move. I'm so tired of the pitty moves that end up making leaders let the bad guys go.

I was worried when Woolsey first went to that planet. It must be obvious by now that all trials in village-setting planets are rigged. Especially with a non-impartial member.

So what is the Genii's new problem? Didn't they become allies with Atlantis or was that because they had to at the time?

I like that we got to see Woolsey play the defence attorney in this episode. I always felt like he was capable of such things.

Very nice when he leveled the playing field in the crooked trial. Too bad about his father's watch though.

I was very relieved that they ended up letting the team go as I kept thinking that they were going to have to fight their way out of that one. How do those primitive villagers have any info at all on the Asurans or the Todd alliance?

The ending bothered me as it is the first time that I know of in Stargate history that tobacco use has been portrayed by the "good guys" - that felt out of place in my opinion.

I don't know if most of you are against that or in favor of it or don't care but I think it's never good when any TV show portrays the use of tobacco positively, even if it's just a victory cigar? I just can't wait for the questions about whether or not Woolsey and Sheppard smoke or not.

Vala,

Clip show. Not what I was expecting. I will say that the clip shows SGA has done have been fabulous. I'm reminding myself that TPTB didn't know SGA was canceled when they wrote and filmed this.

Good stuff:
    * the judges - really well acted by all 3. The accusations were well thought out (though I wonder where they got some of their info). I especially enjoyed the woman judge. She vibrated with rage (which I completely understand based on her experiences).

* the entire concept - the expedition has had a decided effect on the galaxy. I loved that it was recognized.

* mention of Atlantis' trade relations in the galaxy. Always good to have affirmation that those kinds of things are still occuring and important.

* Lorne! Always good to see him.

* Woolsey - I love him more every time I see him. Self-assured, strong, and not above bribery.

* Sheppard - forced to face things he already blames himself for. JF did a great job here.

* Ronon and Teyla's response - they see the accusations from a different perspective. I would have really loved to hear Teyla's response to the charges.

* political machinations headed by the Genii - you just can't trust anyone in Pegasus.

* the ending balcony scene - AWESOME

Quibbles
    * clip show

* hardly any of the other team members. It would have been nice to see all of them have to answer

This was a terrific concept that could have been so much more - a public trial where victims of the different atrocities testified, a heavier sense of danger, responses from all the team. That being said, this was an excellent clip show, and one that could lead to some interesting future interactions in the galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    Cigars = WIN
    Indeed. My love knows no bounds for that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsaber View Post
    Loved Woolsey's Federation line.

I was wondering how long it'd be until they made some form of Star Trek reference in relation to him.
    Hee! That was perfect. And Rodney: "Without the ships!"
    Sig by Luciana
    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Vala_M View Post
    Very nice episode. The first clip show in Atlantis I believe
    Letters From Pegasus can count as a clip show

They gave Woolsey Obama's resume' lol

The formation of the "Pegasus Alliance" (or w/e they're gonna call it) in this episode reminded me a lot of the formation of the IOA in SG-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Well this episode brought up some of the moral decisions made my Atlantis so it was good in that sense. But I don't think we need an episode like this to remind us of what Atlantis has been through and that they have taken a few steps back, made a lot of sacrificies, made enemies and allies. But in the end they should be able to have a Pegasus galaxy free of most threats. As per the episode itself was not my cup of tea, and is the lowest rated ep since "Whispers", imo. Well the last 3 eps were excellent, one of them likely being one of the best two-parters of the series, last week's had very strong character development. So you cannot love them all. The next episode looks really good, btw, and will likely will complete yet another story arc of SGA. Well cannot love them all. This one was better than Whispers, imo. That ain't saying much.

BTW, do not tune into SCI FI next Friday, Ghost Plumbers is airing their horrible live special, imo and will likely require some true SCI FI fans to gouge out their eyes with lemons.

*You've been warned, Atlantis returns in 2 weeks*
    The moral issues were tackled but nothing truly resolved; it would be nice if we could see suspicion from some Pegasus Galaxy locals down the line. oh wait, smacks self with dead trout. There will be no later on (shakes fist at MGm and Skiffy).

Meanwhile, folks will watch Ghost Hunters cuz they're stuntcasting Amanda Tapping on the October 31st episode, AND stuntcasting Colin Ferguson from EUREKA on Wednesday's episode. Wish they could have gotten David Hewlett to do one, but if he went into McKay mode, he'd *cough* scare away the ghosts.

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast