• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Inquisition' (513) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 513

A new coalition of human worlds puts the Atlantis team on trial for their alleged crimes against the Pegasus Galaxy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 12:34 AM.

I think this episode could have been done without the clips. If they were trying to get the fans to think about what the characters have done and if it was right I think they could have done it much better.

Comment

Cigars = WIN

Comment

Great for a clip show type of episode.

Vala,

Comment

Loved Woolsey's Federation line.

I was wondering how long it'd be until they made some form of Star Trek reference in relation to him.

Comment

I really think Woolsey came into his own on this episode. He showed true leadership and the kind of loyalty and resolve to see his team through to "victory" even if it meant the IOA and its policies be damned. We even get to have SG-1 past come back when the judge referred to Woolsey thinking that human life was just a numbers game (SG-1 Season 7: Heroes) and he was visibly upset by this reference.

Very good for a clip/recap episode - especially since we got some MAJOR character development. This episode makes me hope we see Woolsey in the movies.

Comment

As far as clip show go this was not bad. Not great but not bad. But I guess I am a little biased. I'm a sucker when Stargate show political processes. Surprisingly Woosley is good diplomat. I think he could even rival Weir in that area. I think the worst thing about this episode was that Teyla, Ronon, and McKay were barely their. It was primarly a Sheppard and Woosley episode but still pretty mediocroe. I guess I would like some more varied clips. It seemed like they included the big episodes aka season premiers/finale and mid season two parters.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

its a recap episode. where they breifly recap whats happened in the story so far.

you can skip it if you have watched all the previous epis or at least hte main ones.

but at least they laid to rest that these replicators are totally different tech than the MW ones.

executed pretty interestingly, but its still a recap epi.

not that impressive over all.

Comment

i missed the first half of it. but the half i saw wasn't bad at all. woolsey saved the day......awesome.
                  Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                  sigpic

Comment

the episode was okay. it was a clip episode, and they're always, well, just 'okay.' however, woolsey was the best part of it. finally got to do something!

Comment

I'm not sure about the outcome. I liked the way they had to cheat their way out of it, but I didn't like the way that the guy who was voting solely on reason somehow managed to find them not guilty. Hopefully his reasoning was swayed by Woolsey's speech at the end, rather than him actually thinking what they are genuinely innocent.

Comment

It's a shame; just as soon as we see the classic SG moments of being trapped with the deck stacked against them, a lead character becoming a joy to watch (kudos to Picardo) and even clip shows being less "clipy" , the end of this particular wormhole is just about here.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well this episode brought up some of the moral decisions made my Atlantis so it was good in that sense. But I don't think we need an episode like this to remind us of what Atlantis has been through and that they have taken a few steps back, made a lot of sacrificies, made enemies and allies. But in the end they should be able to have a Pegasus galaxy free of most threats. As per the episode itself was not my cup of tea, and is the lowest rated ep since "Whispers", imo. Well the last 3 eps were excellent, one of them likely being one of the best two-parters of the series, last week's had very strong character development. So you cannot love them all. The next episode looks really good, btw, and will likely will complete yet another story arc of SGA. Well cannot love them all. This one was better than Whispers, imo. That ain't saying much.

BTW, do not tune into SCI FI next Friday, Ghost Plumbers is airing their horrible live special, imo and will likely require some true SCI FI fans to gouge out their eyes with lemons.

*You've been warned, Atlantis returns in 2 weeks*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            I'm not sure about the outcome. I liked the way they had to cheat their way out of it, but I didn't like the way that the guy who was voting solely on reason somehow managed to find them not guilty. Hopefully his reasoning was swayed by Woolsey's speech at the end, rather than him actually thinking what they are genuinely innocent.
                            I think some of it is that the argument that Atlantis can't be held responsible for the actions of things outside their control. Yes we woke the Wraith, yes we created Michael, yes we rewrote the base code - but, we weren't malicious in our intent, and we have been trying to fix these mistakes. Then there's the fact that everything stems back to the ancients, and the judges admitted that they couldn't take out their anger on them, so they put Atlantis in the cross-hairs. The simple fact that this was a witch hunt could also have swayed the judge.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffKnight View Post
                              I think some of it is that the argument that Atlantis can't be held responsible for the actions of things outside their control. Yes we woke the Wraith, yes we created Michael, yes we rewrote the base code - but, we weren't malicious in our intent, and we have been trying to fix these mistakes. Then there's the fact that everything stems back to the ancients, and the judges admitted that they couldn't take out their anger on them, so they put Atlantis in the cross-hairs. The simple fact that this was a witch hunt could also have swayed the judge.
                              "The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions"

I don't think anyone would condemn them for acting maliciously, but they've certainly acted irresponsibly at times, and many people are dead, regardless of what their intentions were.

Comment

Working...
                              X