• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The Lost Tribe' (511) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 511

Sheppard must race to save McKay and Daniel Jackson from an Ancient laboratory before Todd, who has hijacked an Earth battle cruiser, gets there first.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 12:32 AM.

Since the official one is locked maybe people could use this thread to discuss "The Lost Tribe" and the mods can merge it with the offical thead later when they finally figure out that its locked.

So what did you all think of "The Lost Tribe"?

Comment

Maybe it will open at 11pm since the system thinks SGA is still on at 10pm still.

Oh and Lost Tribe was amazing. What a shocker and plot twist.
      sigpic

Comment

i give this ep a 5/10

really dropped the ball and i was really hoping to lose the Daedalus at the end really give this ep a sense of lose something to give it more impact.

once again the heroes come out of the ep with no long term effects besides repainting the gateroom
        Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 10 October 2008, 07:24 PM. Reason: thread merge
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Great! The first post!

What an amazing episode!

It started off great; however, the remaining Atlantis team in Atlantis coming to the conclusion about the Aterro device was a bit rushed in my opinion. I’m glad that Todd didn’t eat any of the crew. That was very scary having the Wraith take over the Daedalus!

I liked that we got a glimpse of last time’s episode of everyone evacuating when the explosion happened. How did Sheppard and Zelenka survive? I thought that the shield didn’t absorb enough of the blast. The control consoles are seemingly ruined however the 40” monitors and the laptops were still running! The Gate room is totally charred! I’m glad that both Sheppard and Zelenka survived. The damage to the tower looks kind of light compared to how much it should have sustained but it’s good that the damage wasn’t extreme.

Rodney and Daniel were a hit again! The Asgard reveal was extremely cool! Although I admit I saw it coming because of the info a few months ago about the Asgard being involved with the Attero device so I kind of always knew even before the video posted online after the episode aired. What are those units on the Asgards’ chest and head? Some sort of way to control the suits or technology?

I figured that they were a faction of Asgard that broke off. So they managed to stabilize their cloning. I was thinking that they weren’t clones or something like that. And did those Asgard look paler than normal? What was wrong with staying on the ice planet? It’s not like they can live in normal environments anyway.

So Loki’s research would/could have been a success. Who figured?

Ronon and Keller on the Daedalus disabling the systems was great! I usually hate when someone blows up advanced technology in the ships but at least Earth has the ability to construct and reconstruct the Asgard technology now. Todd taking over the Daedalus was extremely tense! Woolsey’s realction upon awakening was just what I expected. I didn’t expect that they’d go to Atlantis.

I am surprised that Keller turned herself in to Todd but luckily it ended up working out. Todd was foolish to think that Ronon wouldn’t be onboard!

The Daedalus stopping just short of Atlantis and contacting them bit was nice. It’s about time we have some ship to ship/Atlantis conversations like that. I’m intrigued that Sheppard gave out the location of the Attero device but I guess it was what needed to be done to save the crew and stop the device.

Interesting how Todd knew a lot about the Attero device including its name or is that just the Wraith’s name for it?

The Travelers lost their Ancient warship! I’m disappointed at the writers for this! At least it lasted longer than any other alien ship on the show! Over a year as opposed to a few episodes. Too bad they also lost thousands of people and some ships especially when they can’t even build more.

It was nice to see the Travelers and the Atlantis team working together again. I liked the young girl who knew hyperdrives; it’s nice to see some younger people in a positive way on TV.

The Travelers ship taking on the Asgard ships was cool. I was afraid that they wouldn’t manage to succeed. But I guess that is because they are weaker Asgard ships since their original intergalactic ships were destroyed. I feel bad that some of the Asgard were killed but they were evil Asgard so it doesn’t really matter. And not just one ship but 2, I wonder where the 3rd Asgard ship went to. I doubt we’ll see them again in the series, I just HOPE that a future movie includes them.

Daniel and Rodney’s escape was nice. I figured that they’d be caught right away. So the Ancient buildings have fire alarms that open doors. Very interesting. Rodney and Daniel in the suits was very clever. I didn’t think that a human could use those and I did not get the impression contrary to Daniel that they form around the wearer. Or maybe I missed that part during the first airing. I will have to check next time about that. McKay’s groveling before them was hilarious! So why did they just leave the empty suits there? They seem to wear them constantly. Why did the Asgard reveal himself to Daniel other than to the benefit of the viewers?

The Wraith managed to lock the crew out of the Daedalus, how? Shouldn’t it be tough for them to do that considering that the Wraith never used Earth ships before? Or did Todd learn a thing or two during the time he spent working with McKay last season?

Daniel and Rodney disabling the Attero device was cool. I’m glad that Daniel wasn’t killed from the lighting bolt though. I figured that it would be the center crystal.

The ship on a collision course was the tensest scene of all for me. I feared that the Daedalus would end up getting destroyed! Clever Todd escaping again. Did anyone catch that the Wraith scout ship was in the LEFT hangar bay when it was originally in the RIGHT bay? That irritated me.

The Daedalus was frying apart during the atmospheric entry. Another tense moment, the SG-1’s ride the asteroid through Earth method was used to save the Daedalus thanks to the Travelers. It’s good that the girl managed to fix the burned out hyperdrive so soon! Zelenka’s pessimism was priceless! I thought that other types of hyperdrives were incompatible with each other or is that if they’re being used not just riding through it. I’m so GLAD that the DAEDALUS WAS SAVED! It’s my favorite ship in both shows!! I was so worried that it would have been destroyed. When will our next encounter with Todd be? I hope that it will be in the remainder of the episodes at least.

The part about dying from dehydration was funny! Was there really no other way off of the base?

Woolsey ordered the Attero device destroyed much to McKay’s dismay! I’m glad they destroyed it though. The Travelers were actually the one that destroyed it.

I LOVE that Larrin is the one woman who managed to resist the John Sheppard charm though!

I feel like the ending was rushed a little bit, no explanation on how the gate room and control room, consoles, BOTH stain glass windows and such were fixed. At least they explained where the new gate would be coming from. I guess that the intergalactic gate bridge is never going to be rebuilt.

Daniel’s bit with Rodney “So you can only give complements to the dying!” was priceless! Landry doesn’t trust the Atlantis team’s doctoring or was that a joke?

I like that we found out the situation between Keller-McKay-Ronon and that she isn’t interested in him. Although it was good that both times that he tagged along, he was needed. I guess that means she’s into McKay, Ronon was embarrassed and trying to cover up that he liked her! Hilarious!

A spectacular episode!

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
            i was sadden that once again the writers didn't hit a home run with this ep

they could have destroyed the Daedalus and made the ep more meaning instead of once again the heroes come out of the ep with no long term effects
            I think the long term effect is the control room being blown up and us having to work from some other room right? if they rebuild the gate room over night ill be very displeased.

Comment

I wish they had made it more meaningful too. I almost thought and was kind of hoping for Daniel to die. Daniel is my favorite Stargate character of all-time but the music and tone of the scene when he got hurt seemed to suggest a little more than the Asgard beam bailout. Honestly if he had died I would hate it but this episode would be much more important if it had happened. Did any of that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
                I think the long term effect is the control room being blown up and us having to work from some other room right? if they rebuild the gate room over night ill be very displeased.
                pefft the next ep the gate room will be fine

it will take place 2-3 months since this ep

Comment

Originally posted by jiklar View Post
                  I wish they had made it more meaningful too. I almost thought and was kind of hoping for Daniel to die. Daniel is my favorite Stargate character of all-time but the music and tone of the scene when he got hurt seemed to suggest a little more than the Asgard beam bailout. Honestly if he had died I would hate it but this episode would be much more important if it had happened. Did any of that make sense?
                  Personally, I'm glad Daniel was alright. That man has had to deal with death enough times already over the years. He should be exempt from ever dying again.

As for this episode overall, I really liked it. I can't wait to see what future interactions with
                  Spoiler:
                  these Asgard will be like.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The young girl working in engineering on the Traveller ship reminded me of Jewel's character on Firefly.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Personally, I'm glad Daniel was alright. That man has had to deal with death enough times already over the years. He should be exempt from ever dying again.
                      anyone who thought danny was going to really die needs there head checked

not directed towards you fifth

there wouldn't sacrifice a main sg1 character on sga

Comment

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
                        The young girl working in engineering on the Traveller ship reminded me of Jewel's character on Firefly.
                        i think that was the point but it didn't work for me at all

Comment

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
                          Exactly. I just posted that over in the Jewel/Keller thread. Couldn't agree more.

Comment

I thought Daniel was going to die. It would have broken my heart if he did.

Comment

What about the evil Asguard? What do you guys think about that?

Personally, I liked it. It came out of nowhere, and it seems to make sense. I'd like to know how their ships got blown up so easily--I mean, come on, they are still Asguard.

Comment

Working...
                              X