• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The Queen' (508) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 508

Teyla goes in disguise as a Wraith queen when Todd seeks the team's help securing an alliance with another Wraith hive.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 12:26 AM.

Best episode of the season thus far!

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
      Best episode of the season thus far!

*Waves Arms* Yes! The best one!

-Farscapegatter

Comment

perfect blend of character story, action, and todd

KEEP IT CLEAN
        Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
        Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Best episode thus far.

And I was pleased about the bait they did with the betrayal.

And did anyone catch the very end with Teyla, you know... when she was playing with her "hand". Maybe the instinct that there should be something there is bothering her?
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Not what I was expecting at all. But nevertheless a good episode!
            If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

Two more hours to go and I can't wait, but I'm really irked that they took away the opening sequence again. Gosh, I hope it's back before the series ends. Maybe starting with 'The Lost Tribe', to follow the mid-season return thing? (And 'The Lost' in the title thing... weird.)
              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Holy Crap. I had no idea RL could act so good. I guess it was just that the writers that have been writing crap for RL when she played teyla. But this episode had good writing, plot and a nice cg battle.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

Excellent!

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                    Best episode thus far.

And I was pleased about the bait they did with the betrayal.

And did anyone catch the very end with Teyla, you know... when she was playing with her "hand".
                    Spoiler:
                    Maybe the instinct that there should be something there is bothering her
                    ?
                    Yeah, I was thought about that too. Wonder if they are going to cover it anymore this season, or if they had had plans for one in S6. And what about her telling Todd that she would be there to check up on him?
                    If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

did keller said she never seen a hive ship before?

Comment

Second best after Daedalus Variations. Best wraith story since No Mans Land. but no opening sequence, whats up with that?
                        supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Not bad but I noticed some strangeness in the ep.

The first thing was the first exterial view of Atlantis, the establishing shot. It looked like something was missing from the city, Buildings? Towers? It just looked odd to me.

The second thing was actually not strange per say more like hilarious. Queen Teyla had a little butt on her face! Seriously! That cleft was huge! A really big chin...imo.

The third, and last, was the Wraith dart appearing to fly backwards before exploding. Am I the only one that noticed that?

Like I said ...strange.
                          Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 12 September 2008, 07:21 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Yes, a fine episode. I'm forgetting Whispers already. This one moves the story, and characters, along well, in meaningful way. I especially enjoy seeing Heyerdahl as Todd again.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                              And did anyone catch the very end with Teyla, you know... when she was playing with her "hand". Maybe the instinct that there should be something there is bothering her?
                              I noticed that. Thing was I noticed that Todd also flexed his hands in the last shot that he was in, as Teyla was walking away. I thought that was maybe because after her threat he wanted to strangle her but when Teyla did it at the end I wonder if there was a connection.

I had so much love for Todd in this episode. He gave me the best laugh I had in a while when he was offering the team the fruit and said "he hoped the fruit was as delicious as the farmers who grew them." The way he delivered the line and McKay's reaction were great!

This didn't top The Shrine for me but it's definately my second favorite of the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X