Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the episode. Wasn't wild about the all woman team [although I did like Major Teldy]. Disappointed there was no Ronon or Teyla. Loved the campy spoofs on horror movies
    sigpic

Comment

is this the episode with Simon Pegg and Woody Harelson fighting all the zombies?
      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
        is this the episode with Simon Pegg and Woody Harelson fighting all the zombies?
        Zombies? ZOMBIES? There were no zombies If you mean those funny dudes who were supposed to be "scary" then yes

How did this see the light of day Now that is the scary part
        sigpic

Comment

watched Whispers again tonight. I actually like this episode. Granted, I had some SOD issues and not all the characters where there, but it was pretty fun to watch and some parts were kinda creepy too imo. Didn't really like what happened to Vega, and it just felt like it was thrown in there. I looked at it like they were almost trying to make fun of scary movies in a way, especially because of Sheppards comment about the prom queen and the kid in the wheelchair. so over all I liked this episode, its probably one of my favorites from season 5 actually.
          sigpic

Comment

It did make me jump a few times, although I have to admit that the fog was a bit too unbelievable to be true. Human-size organisms creating that sort of thick fog doesn't really compute...
            sigpic

Comment

And explanation of how Major Teldy's name came to be on this episode from Joe Mallozzi's Blog:

One of the nice things about this blog is the sense of community that has developed over the past 5+ years I’ve been updating it. Readers have come and gone but many have stuck it out and become regulars, distinguishing themselves through insightful posts, amusing anecdotes, or their single-minded devotion to the wraith. One such regular is Kelly Hurt who has been following yours truly since 2007. Although the name may not ring a bell, her pseudonym probably does: Anne Teldy. Back in January of 2008, I held a contest to celebrate the 1 000 000th visit to this blog. In my January 19th entry, I allowed our buddy Cookie Monster to announce the winner:

“COOKIE MONSTER: Congradulation to Anne Teldy who post at 10:03 a.m. and be first comment after one millionith visit! Enjoy watch for tell time and hit people with! Also enjoy possible red shirt charakter Anne before she be eated by carnivorus space cow!”

Yes, that’s right. Anne not only won a Stargate 10th Anniversary watch (not suitable for children under 12 since the damn thing was so heavy it would no doubt dislocate their fragile little shoulders):
              http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...012/09/166.jpg
              A 10th Anniversary Stargate watch!
              http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...012/09/167.jpg
              And a closer look. You have to open the iris to check the time.

- she also won a part on Stargate: Atlantis! Sort of. I ended up naming a character after her in an upcoming episode.

And she was, naturally, pleased to hear it, leaving the following message in the comment section in which she thanked me – and then offered some constructive criticism for my upcoming script:

“Mr. M,

I was so excited I couldn’t sleep last night! I have a gabillion ideas for the character which I know wasn’t part of the contest and you couldn’t use even if I sent them to you. So I thought I’d ask for three small things which aren’t really ideas and which you are completely free to ignore.

1. If at all possible, please don’t make my namesake a ‘space bimbo’. I wouldn’t mind if she were pretty, but please not a slutty airhead. That could get a wee bit embarrassing if people thought the character was based on your actual impressions of me and was not just a random character you gave my name. That said, if needs must, go for it. Better a bimbo than nothing.:-D

2. If at all possible, please have Sheppard growl/shout “Anne!” the way he does “Rodney!” when he’s exasperated or frustrated with McKay. (Sheppard saying my whole name would be nice, too.)

3. If at all possible, have Rodney include “Anne Teldy” in one of his speed-speeches or rants.

That’s my top three requests for my namesake character. I will not say or ask anything further about my crazy ideas for her and you can just ignore them if you want. I trust you.

Thanks again for the marvelous prize!

Anne Teldy”

In the end, Sheppard didn’t yell her name and Rodney didn’t rant about her, but Major Anne Teldy was no airhead bimbo. She was a pretty kick-ass character; the leader of an all-female team Sheppard teams up with in season 5?s Whispers.

http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...012/09/168.jpg
              Major Anne Teldy

The plan was to eventually bring Major Teldy and a couple of her teammates back in a future episode but, unfortunately, time ran out on the series before we got a chance to see her again (frankly, before we got a chance to do a lot of things). Nevertheless, I like to think that Major Teldy is out there somewhere, leading leading Porter and Dusty through the gate on all sorts of amazing adventures (Come on, people. Where’s the fan fic?).

As it turned out, Anne Teldy was just a pseudonym, an online handle like the one Baron Destructo uses (Vince Ramone) to leave anonymous critiques on the Downtown Abbey fan forums. Anne Teldy was, in reality, Kelly Hurt – as she revealed to us:

“By the way, “Anne Teldy” is just a nom de Internet I adopted years ago when I first came online. [It was the way my then not-yet-two-years-old niece said "Aunt Kelly".] My actual name is Kelly Hurt. I asked Mr. M. to use “Anne Teldy” for my character instead as I prefer it and, in a way, it honors my niece as well.”

It was a nice thing to do for her niece. And, upon further reflection, made things easier for me since Major Hurt would have opened the character up to all sorts of ribbing.

In time, we got to know a little more about Kelly. That she was unwell. That she was occasionally bed-ridden. And that she was an avid reader. This led a number of her fellow blog readers to send her well-wishes in the form of postcards and letters and, in a couple of instances, books!

Over the past couple of years, Kelly has continued to visit this blog, but these visits have become somewhat infrequent owing to a recent downturn in her health. Then, earlier this week, we received the following message:

“Hello All

This is Anne Teldy’s little sister. We received test results on Anne today. The news was not good. Her care will now be overseen by Hospice. Our information is sketchy at this point. We will know more tomorrow. What we were told today was at best we will have a couple of more months with Anne. A test will be done tomorrow morning that will let us know if we will be lucky enough to have that much more time with her. If Anne is up to it, she will pop in herself to visit. If she can’t, I will be her eyes for her and share the latest news from this blog with her. Anne is experiencing difficulty with spasms in her muscles making it hard for her to type. I will be happy to provide updates as time permits for those that are interested.

This blog has always meant a lot to Anne, and I will be sure she is able to enjoy it for as long as possible.

Anne Teldy’s Little Sister”

So, Kelly, please know (and I’m sure I speak for all of us here on the blog when I say) we are wishing our Major Teldy all the best and sending positive energy her way.

This entry is dedicated to all of the members of this extended blog family but especially to Kelly in this most difficult time.
              sigpic

Comment

And a sad addendum to this story. Anne Teldy (Kelly Hurt) passed away this Thursday. This is from Joe Mallozzi's Blog:

I awoke this morning and logged onto to this blog to find the following message awaiting moderation:

“Anne Teldy’s lil sisAnne and I wrote this two weeks ago. All typos or mispellings are mine. I had hoped not to have to post this for some time, but sadly…

Kelly Hurt, known on the Internet as Anne Teldy, passed away Thursday, September 20, 2012. She belonged to several discussion groups ranging in subject matter from books to size acceptance to her beloved Stargate Atlantis and made good friends through them.

Those online friends rallied around Kelly when she announced on her TV.com blog her hospitalization and subsequent move to a nursing home. They sent a flood of cards and gifts, cheering her greatly during her worst times.

Kelly’s favorite online activity was participating in the discussion at the blog of Stargate Atlantis writer/executive producer Joseph Mallozzi. Winning his “One Millionth Blog Visit” contest was the highlight of her life, she said, and she was nearly overwhelmed by the prizes: a Stargate SG-1 10th Anniversary watch and a character named after her on Stargate Atlantis. (Major Anne Teldy made her debut in the Fifth Season episode “Whispers”.)

Kelly was preceded in death by her father Roy. Hurt. She is survived by her mother, Marlett Hurt of Newburgh; a brother Richard Hurt of Evansville; sisters Kathleen Blizzard and Kerry Siniard both of Chandler as well as nieces and nephew Heather Schoch, Tony Hurt and Leah Hurt (U.B.) of Tennesse; nieces Amy Blizzard, Kristina Orange, and Katlynn Orange all of Chandler.

Funeral arrangements are pending at Alexander Funeral Home in Newburgh IN. In lieu of flowers, please send memorial contributions to the “Save Stargate Atlantis” Fund or the American Diabetes Association.

Kelly wished to express her especial gratitude to Sparkle and Puppet of Madison WI as well as to Joseph Mallozzi and his blog regulars (for the love of Beckett, skgraff, das, paloosa, sulien, maggiemayday, sheryl, and everyone) for all their friendship and support during her illness.”

As many of you know, Kelly was a longtime reader of this blog and a passionate Stargate fan. She’d been battling health issues for a while and it was only last week that we learned her condition had taken a turn for the worse. The news prompted me to write an entry in which I offered an overview of Kelly’s interactions with our little online community – her posts, her milestone achievement of being the 1 000 000th visitor here (which won her a Stargate SG-1 10th anniversary watch), the fact that she had a character named after her internet pseudonym, Anne Teldy (September 15, 2012: Our Major Teldy! Days of Stargate Atlantis Past! Be All My Sins Remember’d!). Although she was unwell, her comments were always positive and spirited.

Joe then listed some of her posts over the years.
                sigpic

Comment

Just got around to watching Whispers...I have to admit I quite liked this episode -- Aside from the sharp twinge of jealousy when Dr. Beckett took a liking to Porter I'm perhaps the latest fan to fall victim to the kindhearted Scottish doctor <3

Those creatures startled me a little at first and the team walking through the woods looking for those things made me think of Slenderman, if anyone knows what/who that is...

And dear me, how did McKay get left out of a scene dealing with Wraith tech AND women? I do believe it would have brought some comical moments if McKay had been allowed to go with Sheppard and Beckett on this one.

Comment

Good episode, but still a little average.

Nice to see a team that consists of women.

Why is Sheppard wearing a turtleneck?

Tomorrow, I vaguely remember Teyla becomes a queen.
                    sigpic

Comment

Not a bad episode, great use of simple props like the gas masks to give a sense of something not quite right with the place they are wandering around in.

The use of fog coupled with the eerie bluish/grey lighting helped cover up the fact that it was that 'village' set again, turned out to be the best use of it I thought. All the elements came together to create a great sense of a place abandoned for good reason. It's quite astounding how many horrible experiments Michael left behind around the galaxy!

Nice to see an all female team, who held their own nicely.

Comment

Not a bad ep. Not as good the third time around though.

All girl team hey. Only took 15 seasons to happen.

Gun fire in the distance. What was that? Stupid question of the year award goes to.

Always good to see Beckett. No Ronon, Teyla and McKay is a bummer though.

Those creatures were pretty creepy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Apparently I'll be able to meet one of the actresses from this episode in 9 days from now at a local convention... Janina Gavankar (Dusty Mehra).... Not entirely sure I will though.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Not entirely sure you'll bother, or that you'll have the chance?

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                              Not entirely sure you'll bother, or that you'll have the chance?
                              Oh, I'll have the chance...
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Midweek, another ep of Atlantis...

1. This was the one with the female team.

2. Didn't know Teldy was based on a fan...RIP Kelly!

3. I know the guy was a redshirt but even by redshirt standards that was a Darwin-award worthy exit.

4. Who were those guys at the start...Genii?

OK enough ep.
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X