Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third Movie involving SG-1 and Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Movie involving SG-1 and Atlantis?

Imagine that. I thought it would be a good idea. You know a movie plot that involves both SG-1 and Atlantis. This is my idea. THe last goa'uld in existence went to Pegasus, where the host died. It was fed on by... a Wraith (if not wiped out in a previous Atlantis movie), which by freak coinicdence gave it the "code of LIfe" (DNA) that it needed to succesfulkly bond with it. The closet living thin that there was it the Wraith, which it makes its host. Unfortunately, the bonding did not go exactly well. Two became one, not as in Tok'ra "one", as in a fusion. Two evils combined makes the biggest threat the universe has ever seen. I thought it would be a good idea, or maybe just a movie with SG-1 and Atlantis in general good or bad?

A combined movie would be great depending on the storyline though. I could imagine it being plausible if the wraith managed to get into the milky way quicker.. that could be an interesting development.

Comment

this might be possible...

my only thought was how to brand that movie - it would be painfully cheesy to have both the SG-1 and Atlantis logos on the DVD cover.

BUT - AoT and Continuum both were branded as "Stargate" and not "Stargate SG-1"... so i think a combination film is a possibility.

it's really difficult to get that many actors together at one time, though... since they don't all have to be at the studio weekly anymore
      I'm a teenage filmmaker, and these are my films.
      youtube.com/caffruso

Comment

Problem is.. trying to squeeze in time to feature all those actors would be a serious issue. That's eight main characters to try to fill the time with and to try not to minimalise.

Not allot of fun.. unless they gave us something epicly long!

Comment

They Idea would be nice indeed. But like said above me to give every character enough of a story line a movie lenght would be to short, perhaps if they spread it over 2 movies it would be ok

Cant way personally for the third movie I loved the first 2. Altho I'm still sad SG-1 is over.
          sigpic
          by Snowflake Shona

Comment

"NO" to the combined movie. This would be the worst possible idea. SG-1 is SG-1 and Atlantis is Atlantis.

Comment

I would like it if they kinda made it into a trilogy. The first one has SG-1 battling some new menace in the Milky Way and it ends with them defeating the enemy, but not really resolving anything. Then in the second one SGA is doing something unrelated, but then at the end a connection is revealed between whatever is going on in PG and the enemy from the SG-1 movie. Then the third one is a huge crossover with both teams fighting together against this enemy.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                I would like it if they kinda made it into a trilogy. The first one has SG-1 battling some new menace in the Milky Way and it ends with them defeating the enemy, but not really resolving anything. Then in the second one SGA is doing something unrelated, but then at the end a connection is revealed between whatever is going on in PG and the enemy from the SG-1 movie. Then the third one is a huge crossover with both teams fighting together against this enemy.
                Bad idea. Again, SG-1 is SG-1. What is Atlantis, btw? Not familiar with the show...

Comment

GW: This is a question that touches on something that we talked about back in April, when we were there. Cast availability starts to become an issue, once you get a few years out. Do the Stargate movies, in your mind, start to merge, start to have more cross-over movies and not necessarily a stand-alone track of Atlantis and a stand-alone track of SG-1?

BW: Well, one of the benefits of the Stargate universe is being connected -- meaning they're happening at the same time. Yes, we can definitely do cross-over. That is definitely a potential. And there are a lot of casts to draw from, in both series. So yes, the answer is yes -- there can definitely be cross-over.
                  http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...ings_....shtml

personally I think that there won't be cross-over for some time. yes the SG-1 cast has moved on but they seem to be eager to return and I'd guess the Atlantis cast is even more excited
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

For the time being I'd like for the SG-1 and Atlantis to stay separate movie franchises. There could be guest from one series going over to the other's movie but I wouldn't what the whole cast of SG-1 and the whole cast of Atlantis in the same movie, at least not yet.
                    "What's your situation?"
                    "I'm hiding. What's yours?"

Comment

For a crossover, I think it would have to also involve the end of the SG-1 and Atlantis franchises. So maybe a few standalones for each show, then a final trilogy crossover (that has to involve Daniel dying again of course; oh, and replicators! lol )

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                        http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...ings_....shtml

personally I think that there won't be cross-over for some time. yes the SG-1 cast has moved on but they seem to be eager to return and I'd guess the Atlantis cast is even more excited
                        Personally I hope that the cross-overs are NEVER gonna happen. MGM should think about hiring entirely NEW writers with the fresh ideas SEPARATELY for both franchises. I don't belong to Atlantis franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                          Personally I hope that the cross-overs are NEVER gonna happen. MGM should think about hiring entirely NEW writers with the fresh ideas
                          I doubt it

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                          SEPARATELY for both franchises. I don't belong to Atlantis franchise.
                          Atlantis is another show, not a different franchise
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

maybe atlantis and sg1 can have a 2 separate movies leading up to the combined movie
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by _Famrir_ View Post
                              maybe atlantis and sg1 can have a 2 separate movies leading up to the combined movie
                              Why do you think that SG-1 audience is interested in a combo? I'm not.

Comment

Working...
                              X