No announcement yet.

Everything Star Wars Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I'm not mistaken, I believe they make appearances in both the Invasion and Legacy comic series. I haven't read either though, so don't quote me on that.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      I wonder, have the Yuuzhan Vong appeared in any SW video games or Comics?
      Legacy.
      Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
      ---
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
        Legacy.
        Ah.....that one....

Comment

I love that Legacy gets the 'that one...' treatment from the guy asking about the Yuuzhan Vong
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            I love that Legacy gets the 'that one...' treatment from the guy asking about the Yuuzhan Vong
            You have a point! But I liked bits of the New Jedi Order series. I just think the EU shouldn't go so far after the Original Trilogy as the Legacy era has done.

Comment

Yeah....I'm not really sure how to feel about Legacy. I haven't read any of it, though I've read bits and pieces about it on Wookieepedia. 137 ABY really doesn't seem like much of a stretch though when I consider how much I love the KOTOR-era stuff, 4000 BBY.

But then I think, I don't much care for the idea of a resurgent Empire controlling the galaxy again after everything we went through in the OT and New Republic eras.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

But then I think, I don't much care for the idea of a resurgent Empire controlling the galaxy again after everything we went through in the OT and New Republic eras.
                Exactly, I don't like all the Sith running around too, Dark Jedi I am fine with. But all the Sith seem to degrade the defeat of Palpatine and Vader in the OT. The KOTOR era stuff is great, in fact I love alot of the stuff before the prequels.

Comment

I have to share. I was doing some running around yesterday and I saw someone with a shirt that had Vader's helmet on it and said Vader was framed. I had to do a double take because I had never seen one of those before and it got me thinking. Has anyone seen a shirt with either a Mandalorian or clone trooper helmet on it and said Real men wear armor?
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Legacy is... interesting... I like the idea of the Imperial Knights, I mean... it makes sense... (FOTJ spoilers/theories)
                    Spoiler:
                    With Daala persecuting them like this, its the only place the JEdi have to go, really.

but then theres other things... for example, Darth Krayt, AKA, A'Sharad Hett, A'Sharad is human. And he fought in the Clone Wars, joined Luke's Academy, and somehow outlived everyone in the galaxy to nbe the antagonist in LEgacy. Then theres all those Jedi who fought in the Clone Wars, went into hiding, and didn't come out until Legacy era, even though the JEdi were dominent just a few years befor tand they would have been welcomed.
                    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                    ---
                    sigpic

Comment

So i gotta ask If Luke was the main Protagonist in The original Trilogy who was the main protagonist in The Prequel Trilogy? Obi-Wan?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        So i gotta ask If Luke was the main Protagonist in The original Trilogy who was the main protagonist in The Prequel Trilogy? Obi-Wan?
                        I guess it would really depend on how you look at it. I believe it is Anakin, right up until he turns into Palpatine's *****, but Obi does have a strong influence over the original trilogy to be considered just as much as the protagonist as he is just as much the hero as Anakin.

The general story behind I-VI is the rise, fall and redemption of Anakin and it would make sense if the main protagonist was his mentor, then his son. It's an interesting concept to think about.
                        Last edited by SaberBlade; 04 October 2010, 09:05 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Anakin was, he just happened to be the tragic protagonist.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            I guess it would really depend on how you look at it. I believe it is Anakin, right up until he turns into Palpatine's *****, but Obi does have a strong influence over the original trilogy to be considered just as much as the protagonist as he is just as much the hero as Anakin.

The general story behind I-VI is the rise, fall and redemption of Anakin and it would make sense if the main protagonist was his mentor, then his son. It's an interesting concept to think about.
                            No its a very interesting one to think about. The people who moulded and touched him the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              I see Obi-Wan as being the main protagonist of the Prequels while Anakin is the backbone story of all the films. Or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                                I see Obi-Wan as being the main protagonist of the Prequels while Anakin is the backbone story of all the films. Or something like that.
                                I can see that, and I agree with you.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X