This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A slight downer to any future SG1 films

After seeing Amanda Tapping yesterday , a thought crossed my mind today. With a second season of Sanctuary a 90% certainty, and a third one very likely, Amanda will have her dark hair for some time. While it's a possibility she'll keep it for SG1 movies, it'd just be odd to me. Therefore, she won't have her natural blond hair either way.

HOWEVER, she's Amanda Flipping Tapping, and will make it awesome if it were purple. I just thought I had to make this... because... um, yeah.

They'll probably devise a really nice looking wig for her to wear for any future appearances (movies and series) much like they recently did for Jason Momoa (and Rachel Luttrell somewhere around season 2 of Atlantis).
    ...Stargate is not about the angry nerd.

-David Hewlett,
    Gateworld Podcast Episode #8

Comment

Wait, Rachel wore a wig?

Comment

How about they save their money and simply write some dialogue where someone notices her new hair color, and she mentions she died it. Daniel compliments the new look, on with the story. See? No wig needed. People die their hair all the time in real life. There's nothing wrong with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
          How about they save their money and simply write some dialogue where someone notices her new hair color, and she mentions she died it. Daniel compliments the new look, on with the story. See? No wig needed. People die their hair all the time in real life. There's nothing wrong with it.
          in 200 didnt they say thats called Hanging a lantern on it?

Comment

it'd be easy, kinda like in new order, when chris grew out his hair, jack goes 'teal'c, what's with the hair?'.....and that's it

if they're being really snarky, someone goes 'sam, what's with the hair?'
            she goes 'Daniel, where's your glasses??'
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
              After seeing Amanda Tapping yesterday , a thought crossed my mind today. With a second season of Sanctuary a 90% certainty, and a third one very likely, Amanda will have her dark hair for some time. While it's a possibility she'll keep it for SG1 movies, it'd just be odd to me. Therefore, she won't have her natural blond hair either way.

HOWEVER, she's Amanda Flipping Tapping, and will make it awesome if it were purple. I just thought I had to make this... because... um, yeah.
              How can you tell?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                Because I'm fairly certain that U.S. military regs would prevent anyone serving to dye their hair. Not certain on this one, but I'm pretty certain. I had to stop bleaching my hair after high school because I'm was going to join the Air Force and I think I remember some representative told me that coloring one's hair was a no-no.
                ...Stargate is not about the angry nerd.

-David Hewlett,
                Gateworld Podcast Episode #8

Comment

From the About.com:Military Page Air Force Grooming Standards. I don't claim to know the veracity of the site's info, it's just what I found with a cursory search.
                  "Hair will be clean, well-groomed, and neat. If dyed will look natural. Hair will not contain excessive amount of grooming aids, touch eyebrows when groomed or protrude below the front band of properly worn headgear. EXCEPTION: Hair may be visible in front of women's flight cap."

I have to say it's wierd enough seeing Tapping in black in the pictures from Sanctuary. I can't imagine seeing Col. Carter with black hair.
                  Last edited by Aricosaur; 31 August 2008, 07:30 PM. Reason: added disclaimer
                  "What's your situation?"
                  "I'm hiding. What's yours?"

Comment

Originally posted by Aricosaur View Post
                    From the About.com:Military Page Air Force Grooming Standards. I don't claim to know the veracity of the site's info, it's just what I found with a cursory search.
                    "Hair will be clean, well-groomed, and neat....

I have to say it's wierd enough seeing Tapping in black in the pictures from Sanctuary. I can't imagine seeing Col. Carter with black hair.
                    re: the hair : Has anyone looked at John Shepherd lately? Puh-leese.
                    re: black clothes? Doesn't Col. Carter wear black duds in numerous Atlantis promo pix? What are you talking about dude?
                    sigpic

Comment

Frankly, I don't care what color Amanda's hair would have to be. I would just be happy to see her playing Carter again.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post

Howd you know? psychic are you? even tho i hop the show dose well for AT, it may bomb badly

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          How can you tell?
                          Because Damian Kindler told me that it's already in the works. So if it's being talked about this early, then it's extremely likely. Also, Tracy Jane in the Sanctuary forum (here) said that they read an article saying the same thing.

Comment

Strange. Hasn't even premiered yet has it? Unless it's just that cheap to produce...

Comment

It premiers on Oct 3rd in the US. Cost isn't the main point though. The network just really likes what they've seen so far and want more.

Comment

Working...
                              X