• Time
  • Show
Clear All

VFX critique for ghost in the machine

STRONG POINTS:

1. lightning

looked perfect and terrifying!

2. replicator superpowers.

the strength and resilience of the replicators was presented very effectively, however i would liked to see more sparks when they are hit with gunfire.

3. poor weir, floating away.

the actors were composited very well into space, it was a haunting scene that really depended on that believability.

WEAK POINTS

1. city wide blackout

it would have been great to see the power fluctuations and blackout actually occurring during the exterior night establishing shots of atlantis. these shots, showing atlantis lit up at night are one of my favorite recent things on the show. i think it would have created enormous dramatic impact to see those lights flickering, and finally guttering out. i might have cried.

I thought the final shot of WeirFran looked a bit dodgy. It looked like she was lying on the green screen, moving her arms and legs slightly, being shot from above, as she most likely was.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      I thought the final shot of WeirFran looked a bit dodgy. It looked like she was lying on the green screen, moving her arms and legs slightly, being shot from above, as she most likely was.
      It looks fine to me.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The hand-in-head also looed kinda off.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Well, it was a replicator doing the hand thing to another replicator. Has that ever happened before?

Comment

i loved the look on the replicator's face when she found out it was a space gate. perfect!

Comment

seconded, what a great look!

Comment

Working...
              X