X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    by ship, probably.

also, the not being able to dial in was PROGRAMMED by Rush and his engineers.

which makes it interesting, that such degrees of gate adaptations are possible. next, we could make a virus that makes a gate incapable of dialling out. then we invade, and nobody can escape
    technically, we already did that because avenger renders the gate incapable of dialing out and if you followed the virus up with an invasion force they wouldnt be able to modify it.

although, when you invade a planet via the gate, you would naturally hold the gate and secure it so that when reinforcements arrive, theyd be safe so using a virus to make sure noone can escape is kinda redundant.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Though Earth can't dial the Destiny I see no reason why they couldn't dial a planet in the same galaxy and gate to the planet the Destiny crew are currently on.

The Destiny could notify them of the planet through the long range communication system and then they use a ZPM to dial.

Without taking another ZPM with them it would be a one way trip but another expedition could be sent with all the supplies they could possible need, including materials to fix the ship. Even if they only had six hours they could get aow of equipment to the Destiny.

Comment

limited gate range, and dialling the galaxy they are in is just as far as the destiny itself.

using calculations on raw naquahdah, Icarus (the planet) has an energetic potential of 10^22 joules. zpm calculations start at 10^28 joules.

while raw naquahdah is lighter, it takes two jaffa to carry four bricks of weaponsgrade naquahdah or so. which would make each brick 10kg or more.

naquahdriah is even more powerfull, but unless it is a million times more powerful than raw naquahdah, its not gonna do much.

the only safe thing i can say: dialling with a ZPM has a huge impact on it's state. depletion would come pretty fast

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          Icarus (the planet) has an energetic potential of 10^22 joules.
          That sounds way too low. How did you come up with this number?
          MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

Originally posted by K^2 View Post
            That sounds way too low. How did you come up with this number?
            The yeild for naquada should be at least 1 to 3 MeV per amu and naquadria much higher than that.

Comment

Even if power was the issue they could use a blackhole too power the gate and just head through using puddle jumpers.

Comment

i took the density of naquahdah, took the radius of earth's core, and the energy density of naquahdah.

keep in mind that it's raw naquahdah, but even if naquahdriah has 100x greater energy density, the total energy would still not be enough.

Comment

The planet that Icarus base was on was roughly the size of Earth and was literally blown up by the detonation of its core, so the core had to release (upon detonation) at least 10^34 J, if not more.
                  "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                  - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                  - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                  - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

if you want to reach the destiny the best way to do that would be by using a black hole since a blackhole can power a supergate connection from the MW to the origalaxy which is too far away to ever reach by ship( at least within a reasonable amount of time, obviousloy) then a black hole should be able to power a regular gate to connect to the destiny. at that time you can send through materials needed to fix the ship.

also, though this may sound crazy, it should theoretically work but you could use a black hole to dial a pre determined planet near the destiny. then you send through an asgard beaming modual that is capable of accepting an asgard transport beam that comes through the gate and then rematerializing it. then you use a duplicate one to beam a 304 into the buffer and beam it through the gate and then the modual on the planet rematerializes it and then it flys to the destiny and beams the people over to the 304 and flys to a blackhole and does the reverse of what they did earlier and then everybodys home.

also, if the ori's followers know how to, you could construct a supergate in a galaxy that the destiny is in and then send a 304 to fetch the people and if possible, repair the ship and fly it back to earth.
                    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

The planet that Icarus base was on was roughly the size of Earth and was literally blown up by the detonation of its core, so the core had to release (upon detonation) at least 10^34 J, if not more.
                      due to the superdense core, the planet was probably smaller.

and yes, i know, the energy release should be higher. remember that i used raw naquahdah, not naquahdriah.

actually, i'm gonna calculate backwards and find out the energy density of naquahdriah,

core radius: 3470 KM
                      core volume = 4/3 Pi Radius ^3= 1.75x10^20 m^3

energy release (minimal, gravity remains the same, the planet is just smaller): 10^32
                      10^32 J / 1.75x10^20 m^3 = 5.71x10^11 joules per cubic meter, or 5.71x10^5 joules per cm^3

raw naquahdah's energy density is 1.8x10^15 joules per cm, according to this

so either i'm wrong, or i'm wrong, or i'm horribly wrong.

what the hell? it makes no sense anymore!

the earth's core is 1.75x10^26 cm^3
                      times 1.8x10^15 is 3.19x10^41 joules.

that's RAW naquahdah.

so it seems that indeed, Icarus is a superZPM.

then naquahdriah must be orders of 100 higher or so, as weaponsgrade Nq is much heavier than Nq and naquahdriah is even more powerfull, so the density of naquahdriah has to be around megatons per cm^3 (or 1x8x10^18 joules or more per Cm)
                      Last edited by thekillman; 16 October 2009, 04:40 AM.

Comment

That seems more like it. Because figure you gave earlier suggested that naquahdah has worse energy density than gasoline.
                        MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

Working...
                        X