Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, looking forward for posting a bit, even if i am a really lazy board poster More a fan of IRC

Comment

New member here, long time scifi fan

Comment

Originally posted by backstep View Post
        New member here, long time scifi fan
        Welcome!

Caution: don't let the oldies scare you. When they ask what sauce you like, don't answer -- it means they're hungry for some Newbie-steak.

So, what sauce is your favorite?
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

New member but longtime fan of the shows. Not much of a forum post'er but like to read all the different ideas and new from some of the insiders that know more than I do. Recently posted about my experience with Stargate that started with Atlantis, then Universe and then just recently finally watched SG1. Love them all and would love to see some new Stargate on TV or movie form as long as it ties up lose ends and coordinates with the previous shows. Thanks and hope to not be a "probie" forever!
          -Nate

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner833 View Post
            Thanks and hope to not be a "probie" forever!
            Nobody active stays probie for long.

Welcome!

Comment

Dont forget to introduce yourself in the New Members thread in Off Topic
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

A shame a few ruin it for others but understand the reasons for doing so. Not sure how restrictive these would be as still new here.

Comment

Originally posted by audiobull View Post
                  A shame a few ruin it for others but understand the reasons for doing so. Not sure how restrictive these would be as still new here.
                  I believe your posts will be moderated for a wee bit so they'll show up at random in conversations, but don't worry, us regulars have learned to deal with it in a manner of sorts so that new adds are not forgotten. Though in threads which move really fast, it's harder to see newbie's posts.

You also can't set an avatar at the moment (custom is out of the question entirely since you need an x-amount of posts for those anyway) and I think you can't access your visitor messages and reputation messages just yet.

But show you're human and you'll be out of the newbie-que real soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Dont forget to introduce yourself in the New Members thread in Off Topic
                    Thank you, i was looking for that thread since i entered some weeks ago xD

Comment

As of a few days ago ,you can upload your own "Custom" Avatar once you pass 1000 posts.Keep checking your avatar options at the 1000 mark.If you don't see the option there,do a refresh and try again.

~Bagpuss
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

New member! Was a bit of a hassle getting registered, but I'm here now. I currently have one main question. Is it possible to have a mod/admin change my username? I wasn't able to pick my own username as the forums were automatically rejecting me as a spambot. This one is definitely not my first choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ameli View Post
                          New member! Was a bit of a hassle getting registered, but I'm here now. I currently have one main question. Is it possible to have a mod/admin change my username? I wasn't able to pick my own username as the forums were automatically rejecting me as a spambot. This one is definitely not my first choice.
                          Hi there! Glad you made it.

No problem with a name change.Just tell me the name you'd prefer and I'll make the change right now.
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 24 September 2017, 12:13 PM. Reason: Put in the new name.:)

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                            Hi there! Glad you made it.

No problem with a name change.Just tell me the name you'd prefer and I'll make the change right now.
                            Can't seen an option to reply to the PM, so I'll answer here. But, yeah, I'd like to have it changed to Ameli, the name I had tried to sign up with before.

Comment

All done,and welcome to the Forum!

(I'll edit out the previous name from my requote of your first post.)

Update: Edit made.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                                All done,and welcome to the Forum!

(I'll edit out the previous name from my requote of your first post.)

Update: Edit made.
                                Thank you! Glad it could be done right away like that. Didn't want to get too active around the forums with a name I didn't want to keep.

Comment

Working...
                                X