Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't mind the "Probie Status" I understand it I hate spammers, can't stand them emails n jizz bl**dy annoying, But it is irritating waiting for your post to actually be posted and but yeah =D
    sigpic
    Thank you BBdreamer

Comment

Ooooohhhhh! 'Kay, this answers a whole battery of questions I was about to ask. This makes a lot of sense - spammers are a pain!! The wait's a bit of a pain, but I'm willing to bear with it in the interest of keeping the forum relevant.

Comment

Last time I logged in it also didnt work, but in my email there was some link to my profile which was similiar to http://forum.gateworld.net/cpuser.php
        it worked to go to profile, but I could never access my profile through the My Profile button at the top of the page.

now I cant find the e-mail anymore and cant access my profile at all.

Please help!!!

This is the message:

System Message

Sorry, Keinutnai! You do not have access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
        If you've recently signed up, your new account may still be awaiting activation. Have you received your validation e-mail?
        Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
        Only advanced members may add items to the Calendar. Check the FAQ for more info.

Comment

Probies can't visit their own or other Members Profiles,thanks to Spammers who forced GW to restrict access.

All you have to do is post and participate normally then after a while you'll go onto regular status.
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Keinutnai View Post
            Aren't you simply looking for the user control panel link, aka "My Controls"? That links is very similar to the one you posted and it is http://forum.gateworld.net/usercp.php

so usercp instead of cpuser.

If not, just ignore me.
            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I agree about having new members starting out as a "Probie". I will proudly wear my "Probie" button as a new member.

Comment

Originally posted by Kermee View Post
                I agree about having new members starting out as a "Probie". I will proudly wear my "Probie" button as a new member.
                i suggested "furling instead of "probie" but meh i lost
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I've been highly active the past few days and suddenly I'm getting higher-than-probie access and my title is still "Probie"

For example, I added a signature, I can view others and my profile, etc.

Just wanted to let someone in charge know.

EDIT: Oh and I first noticed when I replied to a thread without moderator approval of my post.

I play Bad Company 2 on the PS3. If you do too, invite Xeno-

Comment

Originally posted by Xeno View Post
                    I've been highly active the past few days and suddenly I'm getting higher-than-probie access and my title is still "Probie"

For example, I added a signature, I can view others and my profile, etc.

Just wanted to let someone in charge know.

EDIT: Oh and I first noticed when I replied to a thread without moderator approval of my post.
                    The title probie under your user name is different then probie status where a poster has a resticted posting access
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      The title probie under your user name is different then probie status where a poster has a resticted posting access
                      Bit of confusing stuff there.
                      Thanks for clearing it up.

I play Bad Company 2 on the PS3. If you do too, invite Xeno-

Comment

I'm up to 39 posts and I've started a thread. Is there anything else I can do to get out of "probie" status?
                        All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

be patient. It's a combo of post count, reputation and time of membership
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Skydriver,

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            be patient. It's a combo of post count, reputation and time of membership
                            Thanks, It's simply hard to participate in a normal threaded discussion when your points pop up long after the discussion has moved on. *grumble*

All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

My last reply sounded overly whiny. I'm sorry. I understand a probationary status. It make a great deal of sense and gives people a better feel for the board. It's just a bit frustrating when you want to participate in several ongoing discussions. I will increase my "patience" quotiant.

Comment

Thank you.

*does happy dance*

Comment

Working...
                                X