This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss Weir and Beckett

Why oh why did she have to go? She was probably the best (and original) expedition leader, and I also am starting to miss Beckett as well. Sort of miss Ford, but would miss him more if he stayed a season more. Season Three was a sad season. "Sunday" made me cry; "First Strike" was horrifying. why?

i dont

Comment

I do.

Comment

» (((((HUGS))))) Awww, I do too.

Comment

Originally posted by hamatau'ri View Post
          Why oh why did she have to go? She was probably the best (and original) expedition leader, and I also am starting to miss Beckett as well. Sort of miss Ford, but would miss him more if he stayed a season more. Season Three was a sad season. "Sunday" made me cry; "First Strike" was horrifying. why?
          um Carson
          Spoiler:
          is back
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
            um Carson
            Spoiler:
            is back
            Spoiler:
            5 episodes.... that's not back. That's visiting.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Spoiler:
              5 episodes.... that's not back. That's visiting.
              Spoiler:
              visiting would make him a guest imo, he's a recurring character in s5
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                Spoiler:
                visiting would make him a guest imo, he's a recurring character in s5
                he's visiting IMO. A reoccurring character in my book would be 10 eps.
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

2 more reasons as to why SGA went downhill.
                  sigpic

Comment

Me too. I hate it when writers fall out of love with their characters and toss them aside with a couple of keystrokes. And we as viewers are supposed to shake our heads in acceptance like those silly dog statues you sometimes see in a car's rear window. Or, maybe the writers just suffer from bouts of creative ADD and need shiny new toys to hold their attention. Kind of like your typical five-year old on Xmas morning.

The only remotely good thing about losing Weir (and Beckett) in season three is that I've already gone through the mourning process. So I know full well what the faithful are going through now at the news of the end of production. Not much of a victory though.
                    Last edited by nowvoyager908; 28 August 2008, 07:36 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

From the beginning of the show, I felt that the three most important characters were Sheppard, McKay, and Weir. I always thought that they formed the core of the show. When Weir was offed, it just didn't, and really still doesn't, seem like the same show. I was starting to feel better about Season 5, but that just could be because of GITM. I hope that they find a way to include her in the movie, but from what I've seen, JM wants it to be a stand alone movie and not rely on previous plot points, which Weir would definitely fall under. I just feel that they are missing out on so much writing material by not including her... Just IMHO...

As for Carson, I REALLY started missing him... well... when "Missing" aired.

Comment

Me too.
                        sigpic
                        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I like/liked weir, but not enough to really miss her. I did miss beckett, but at least he's back in five episodes.

Comment

Grr if it wasn't for a national holiday we'd have Beckett tonight I hate having to wait an extra week. Petty I know but hey, it's Stargate so I'm allowed
                            sigpic

Comment

I miss Elizabeth and Carson as well. I'm glad Carson was able to be brought back.

I'm holding out hope that BOTH Carson and Elizabeth will be in the SGA movie. I'd sure love to see Elizabeth rescued and Carson involved in bringing Elizabeth back to a human body.
                              sigpic
                              Signature by Erin87

Comment

Working...
                              X