Rodney's condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodney's condition

For me it doesn't look like he gonna die so quickly And Jeannie's reacton? She react like she has seen Rodney i don't know...in coma? or dying from pain, suffering- but he seats there just like mind disabled person, he doesn't look awful or terryfing, so for me it was hard to believe he will die soon However it was excellent performance! But still- Jeannie's reaction was weird... What do you think? Maybe it' just me, I wasn't in that kind of situation or something...
    sigpic
    sig thanks to Luci

The disease was affecting brain function, hence the decreased intelligence and problems with fine motor skills (he couldn't move his hands very well by the end). He would have died because his brain would have shut down; the fact that he didn't "look" all that sick had nothing to do with it.
    They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
    Spoiler:
    Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

One could argue that until he got near the "shrine", he was in effect already dead. Everything that made Rodney unique was gone.

Comment

I think what was sad for everyone was

a) knowing Rodney was ganna die

b) the smartest man in two galaxy's was now brain damaged and slipping away faster was just breaking their hearts!

c) Rodney is a pain in the booty, but he is THEIR pain and they did not want to lose him!
        Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by Achaja View Post
          For me it doesn't look like he gonna die so quickly And Jeannie's reacton? She react like she has seen Rodney i don't know...in coma? or dying from pain, suffering- but he seats there just like mind disabled person, he doesn't look awful or terryfing, so for me it was hard to believe he will die soon However it was excellent performance! But still- Jeannie's reaction was weird... What do you think? Maybe it' just me, I wasn't in that kind of situation or something...
          She sees her brother, a brilliant man who could speak clearly and move without trouble the last time she saw him, unable to think clearly, speak clearly or move much. This would be shocking to anyone. I am blessed to have healthy siblings. Should I see them unable to do "normal" life functions - walk, talk, respond to everyday questions, I would be devastated.

He would have died because his brain would have shut down his ability to breathe or move in a couple of days.

That's what I think.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
          O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
            She sees her brother, a brilliant man who could speak clearly and move without trouble the last time she saw him, unable to think clearly, speak clearly or move much. This would be shocking to anyone. I am blessed to have healthy siblings. Should I see them unable to do "normal" life functions - walk, talk, respond to everyday questions, I would be devastated.

He would have died because his brain would have shut down his ability to breathe or move in a couple of days.

That's what I think.
            her brother, the boy she knew all her life the man who always had something to say the one person who always thought he was smarter then everyone elce in the room.... was not there.
            she was looking at the shell of someone she loved and it killed her to know that even if she told him good bye the brother she loved, was not there to understand it.
            i cryed so much when she cryed,
            she did what everyone in her place would do, ive seen it.

Comment

Working...
            X