No announcement yet.

Does anyone watch "Tru calling"?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first half or so of the season (about 11 episodes) started to get very formulaic, but you have to hang in there with it because the second half gets better. Instead of just a straight save-me-from-dying story, they add in other elements that make it more interesting. The characters grow, too, especially Harrison and Lindsey. And Davis, of course. Unfortunately, the addition of Jason Priestly was, in my opinion, a mistake. They did it to try to improve the ratings, and it was an interesting idea why they brought his character in (revealed in the two-hour season finale), but he's so annoying I'm surprised Tru and Davis put up with him for so long. I've also heard that someone high up at the network likes the show and it has a good chance of coming back, but you never know. They don't seem to give new shows much of a chance anymore. Wonderfalls only lasted 4 episodes before it was cancelled.

Comment

My roommate and I discovered TRU CALLING in February.

SPOILERS

;
      ;
      ;
      ;
      ;
      ;
      ;
      ;
      ;
      ;
      ;
      ;
      ;
      ;

We became hooked immediately. At 9 p.m. (AST), We would drop want ever we were doing and watch the show. The addition of Jason Priestly's character was great. My roommate and I would have great conversations trying to figure out just who Jack was. Is he a good guy or bad guy? Just what is he trying to do? The season finale was awesome. I am so glad they didn't introduce Jack as some kind of romantic interest because that would have been just awful. It was tragic that her boyfriend died but I am glad that Harrison survived. Since TRU got her gift from her mother, how did Jack get his? Is he related to TRU? How does he know TRU's father? Will Tru ever find out that the reason that her father had her mom killed? I am so looking forward to the next season so we can find out the answers. I am hoping that fox will rerun the series premiere and most of the season so I can get caught up on the rest of the eps.
      sigpic
      Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

I wasn't that impressed by the first half of the season, but it picked up significantly near the end. Some shows just seem to take longer than other to hit their stride. I'm impressed Fox stuck with it as long as they did when the ratings weren't great out of the blocks.

Fox is officially announcing their fall schedule this week (I think on Thursday), so we'll find out soon if they're picking up the second season.
        *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Tru Calling is excellent. However I missed the season finale episode due to a family emergency and I haven't heard if the show has been renewed or not. I hope so.
          ______
          Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

i have been semi- watching tru calling. so far i do quite like it. the idea behind the show is interesting, and it has a lot of potential. whatever happened to eliza duksu getting her own spinoff show from buffy.

i started to watch jake 2.0 but then real life got in the way a bit, and then i heard it was getting cancelled so i'm a very casual viewer now.

Comment

Possible spoilers for episode on May 18 of Tru Calling

This weeks episode in the UK was great. I liked how it turned out. A good construction
              __

__

Comment

Hey everyone. If you watch Tru Calling then I have a question for you to answer. If you're in the US you may have to remember a while back

Last night on Sky One, they aired episode Closure. One of the military personell looked very like Michael Adamthwaite who plays Herak on SG-1. Was it? Also, I noticed a guest star was Narim (Garwin Sanford)

Anyone have the answer or is it just a lookalike?
                __

__

Comment

You can check IMDB.com and see if they have it.
                  "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

yer i think he has played a few characters, check that site above, its a class one..
                    dae

Comment

Well I checked the website, I was correct. Both characters made an appearance
                      __

__

Comment

Working...
                      X