Clear All

Does anyone watch "Tru calling"?!

SPOILERS AHEAD.
    ;
    ;
    ;;
    ;;

;;

It just started in the UK and I thought the pilote episode was great ..The idea behind the show is brilliant ..Tru reliving the same day to help all those people who were brought at the Morgue ..killed before their time ...and asking her for help..

I really liked the way they had her running all over the city in the pilote so that she can help before the day was over. great special effect.

And I loved the story with the fireman and the little girl..it was kind of him to ask for help for the little girl but not for himself ...So sad..

The actress who plays Tru is really good for the role (She was in BUFFY)..I hope this series will hit the ground ..I saw a few music videos dedicated to it ..so hopefully ..it will but I haven't been to any "Tru calling "website yet.

Go on Tru ....you can save so many lives in a fantasy series

Caty

It has promise; a versatile premise and a good group of leading characters. The most recent ep on SkyOne was great (I won't describe it as you might not have seen it yet).

Madeleine

Comment

I watched the third episode, because Joe Flannigan was in it, and it didn't really appeal to me... I'd prefere Jake 2.0...

Comment

The series doesn't have the same wit and writing that Buffy/Angel do, and yah, some episodes are kind of boring to me, but yah, i did love the season finale.
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Tru Calling is great. It recently started on Sky One and I think we're on episode four or five. It's great though. I like Jake 2.0 and I might as well say 24 also
          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
            Tru Calling is great. It recently started on Sky One and I think we're on episode four or five. It's great though. I like Jake 2.0 and I might as well say 24 also
            I'm so sad that Jake 2.0 got cancelled UPN didn't even air all the episodes.
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Well, here in the UK we have one more episode before series two finishes
              __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                Well, here in the UK we have one more episode before series two finishes
                Not in my part of the UK. We are only four or five eps into series one.

My part is May 2004. What's yours?

Madeleine

Comment

Well Tru Calling ended about a week ago here.....let me tell you it does get good. Yes some of the episodes are a little slow at times but it's still a good show.

It's still up in the air if they are going to renew the series though so all we can do is keep our fingers crossed.

Comment

From what I've heard it looks as though the Fox executives are going to give it a go for next season and see how it does when it's not up against Friends. It will still have to compete with Survivor but it should have a much better shot when not having to compete with must see t.v.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by joker_smile
                      Well Tru Calling ended about a week ago here.....let me tell you it does get good. Yes some of the episodes are a little slow at times but it's still a good show.

It's still up in the air if they are going to renew the series though so all we can do is keep our fingers crossed.

I 'm SO glad they are giving it a chance because it's a brilliant idea...
                      Have you already seen season 2 in the US ?!!! ...Here in UK ,,beginning of season 1..

Tru is really having a hard time ...I fet sorry for her in the episode where she had to retake her exam( Mind you she knew the answers then) and had to leave half way through it to go and save that other doctor student..
                      Now must wait another year to start the exam again

Anyway, it's a great show ..She is a bit forward with Guys though , don't you think!!!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        It has promise; a versatile premise and a good group of leading characters. The most recent ep on SkyOne was great (I won't describe it as you might not have seen it yet).
                        I gave it a try the first couple of weeks, and I wasn't overwhelmed, but I wasn't underwhelmed either. Then I found myself losing interest in it - it just hasn't kept me riveted even though I've been remembering to turn it on at the right time. So I could still end up liking it, but at the moment I'm not expecting anything either way.

Comment

well i haven't been fully taken in by the series.

i have seen all the episodes shown in the UK apart from the one with the fire and so far i like it. i was more interested in the show because of Eliza Dushku, mainly to see what she had been doing since he had stopped doing Buffy/Angel and to see if she had stepped away from doing another character like Faith.

right now it is only my try to watch list. if i miss it i don't go nuts over it and download it (unlike several shows i watch) but i think that it has the potiental to be a really good show but it has started off slowly so only time will tell

sigpic

Comment

Season two hasn't started here. Like I said we just finished season one and though someone said they are going to give Tru Calling a chance for a second season I haven't seen anything about it. If it should happen to return mostly like it would start sometime in the fall around like september or october.

Comment

60 mins of watching Eliza Dushku is always a pleasure.

It's worth watching each week for the opening credits alone!

Comment

Working...
                              X