This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who wants actual aliens in Universe

Anyone else hopes for actual Aliens in Stargate Universe? I would get annoyed if they go through the universe and all they find is human planets, or aliens that look just like humans except for a little bit of makeup.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Daedalus-304 View Post
    Anyone else hopes for actual Aliens in Stargate Universe? I would get annoyed if they go through the universe and all they find is human planets, or aliens that look just like humans except for a little bit of makeup.
    As long as its not pure humans, i'm fine with humanoids. I would preffer more "alien" aliens and it would make all the sense in the universe, but it all comes to the budget. And in the end of the day, what matters most is the writing, if something is writen well, it'll be fine as a humanoid alien

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

I'm not really bothered either way when it comes to having humans or aliens, as long as it makes sense.

If they do go for mostly aliens, I think they should be humanoid like the Wraith, Serrakin, Daedalus Variations aliens, etc. Heavy prosthetics, not like a lot of later Star Trek aliens.
      The only other options I can think of are CGI and puppets - CGI would be far too expensive and probably look kinda crappy, and I don't think lots of puppets would work for Stargate.

Comment

I was wondering about that. If the ancients sent an automated ship to seed galaxies with stargates, and then were going to follow later to explore, but never did, why would there be any humans on those planets?

I'm sure they could figure out some reason. My only concern not populating the planets with mostly humans is that they pull a star trek and each alien species just has a different forhead. It always kind of bugged me. I'd rather just have mostly humans than have star trek aliens. Just my preference.
        sigpic
        FOX Network

Comment

didnt they say it was going to be an expensive sereis maybe this could be one of the reasons it will be so expensive
          sigpic

Comment

You mean Asgards?

Comment

They'll have some excuse of its from the evolution that the ancients are from, but they didn't advance or ascend or something. Or maybe go star trek territory and have some even more ancient race seeded the galaxy so humans evolve here and there.

It'd be nice to have real aliens but its hard to do. Although Dr who has a surprisingly good and vaired amount of aliens ect. Sure there's always a somewhat comical sometimes cheap element.. but they do better than star trek did 99% of the time at being alien.

It'd be interesting you know, i wonder if they could adapt the onset motion capture like done in the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels, to put in CG aliens. Doesn't have to be cinematic quality...

Comment

Originally posted by Pepermint Jaffa View Post
                I was wondering about that. If the ancients sent an automated ship to seed galaxies with stargates, and then were going to follow later to explore, but never did, why would there be any humans on those planets?

I'm sure they could figure out some reason. My only concern not populating the planets with mostly humans is that they pull a star trek and each alien species just has a different forhead. It always kind of bugged me. I'd rather just have mostly humans than have star trek aliens. Just my preference.
                The only thing it could come up with is that these SEEDING SHIP is doing more then just seeding STARGATES on the Planets ...

This Seeding Ship could also be seeding life with in the galaxies ..

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
                  The only thing it could come up with is that these SEEDING SHIP is doing more then just seeding STARGATES on the Planets ...

As the Ancients never went to these galaxies to see if there was anything living in them before doing the seeding there could be a scary race which is a human/alien beastie hybrid. For some reason due to the alien beastie aspect of the genetic makeup this race is dangerous to humans. Every race in these galaxies whether human, 100% alien or a human/alien hybrid is telepathic. This will enable all communication between the Destiny crew and whoever they meet to be conducted in English.

On most of the planets the Stargate will be in an area which was suitable for the evolution of the kind of woodland found in Canada. The Ancients were very fond of this variety of woodland so wanted to make sure their exploration crews found plenty of it. The rest of the planets will resemble the desert worlds favoured by the Jaffa and one will be identical to that planet where the Wraith supply ship had crashed in 'The Defiant One'.

PS: Just thought of a few other things.

Human communities will be divided into the following -

1: Low tech societies. The humans live in medieval style villages and wear colourful, old fashioned looking clothing.

2: Medium tech socieites. The humans live in cities made out of concrete and glass and wear the kind of clothing that makes them look like executives ready for a board meeting.

3: High tech societies. Their cities will look futuristic and have an Art Deco decor. Everyone wears some kind of uniform.

One humanoid alien race will go in for long, black leather trenchcoats. Another humanoid alien race will have long white hair. We won't see a humanoid race with both, though, because they'd look too much like the Wraith.
                  Last edited by ciannwn; 28 August 2008, 01:40 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

SG1 had some non-humanoid aliens. There was those blue crystal thingees in season one, and the water creatures which were found by the Russians. Each was cheap to film so they were likely quite popular with the producers.

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post

The idea is cool, but not one which could guarantee humans on even one planet in a different galaxy. If we took ten Earths, formed them up the exact same way, with all the various ingredients for life, and left them to develop, we'd likely get ten different planets. Genetics, let alone anything else which can effect life on a planet, is a crap shoot. Mutations in one world may not occur in another. I'd be disappointed if that was used in this series.

regards,
                    G.
                    Go for Marty...

Comment

I don't want there to be mostly human aliens either. Humanoid aliens are ok, and the more non-humanoid aliens they can pull of on the budget the better.

Planets full of humans? Been there, done that, twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Character View Post
                        As long as its not pure humans, i'm fine with humanoids. I would preffer more "alien" aliens and it would make all the sense in the universe, but it all comes to the budget. And in the end of the day, what matters most is the writing, if something is writen well, it'll be fine as a humanoid alien
                        Oh please, not the "forehead ridge" aliens again.

Humanoid aliens, like the ones they have in Mass Effect, would be pereferable, the key is making sure the audience knows that's an alien and not a guy in a cosntume when they see him.

Comment

Forehead? i meant more along the lines of babylon 5, they were more or less human, but writen very well, pretty much the same for farscape, although that had coooler aliens too.
                          But yea, i though the ones in mass effect were very cool, atleast the 3 main ones

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                            SG1 had some non-humanoid aliens. There was those blue crystal thingees in season one, and the water creatures which were found by the Russians. Each was cheap to film so they were likely quite popular with the producers.

The idea is cool, but not one which could guarantee humans on even one planet in a different galaxy. If we took ten Earths, formed them up the exact same way, with all the various ingredients for life, and left them to develop, we'd likely get ten different planets. Genetics, let alone anything else which can effect life on a planet, is a crap shoot. Mutations in one world may not occur in another. I'd be disappointed if that was used in this series.

regards,
                            G.
                            Yeah i understand what your saying , Line up so many planets and put the same stuff on it and see what you get .. That is true to a point ...

But your taking about Low tech , Witch would be HUMAN thinking ... We are talking about the Ancients , a race of beings that where allot smarter then us ...

They could have a device that is left on each planet to ensure that these planets grow with some kind of Human or Ancient life ..

Comment

I don't care either way.

Comment

Working...
                              X