• Show
Clear All

Lol!
    The movie wasn't that bad.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
      ... Touché. But it's still terribly foolish to disregard every story printed in the paper(s) with the same pseudo-excuse. Sure, I dislike the sun and the news of the world as much as the next person, so much so that I apparently forgot to capitalise, but saying "it's from the sun, it doesn't count" is just ... Silly.
      Is there an easy way to distinguish the "Kylie will be in the show" articles from the "David Bowie will be in the show" ones then?

We're not saying "it's in the sun, so it can't possibly be true" so much as "it's in the sun, which makes it as true and likely as any other speculation about what might or might not be done with the show"

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
        You sure they aren't confusing this with the year 1996?

Oh that was such a huge success too! Yeah lets repeat that in a hurry.

I think not.
        :nods: My thoughts exactly. That movie was just plain awful and the worst of it WAS the American setting. Thanks but no thanks, also if the Beep wants the tenth doctor go out with a bang they can just rent someting in the Pinewood studios. No need to film in the US of A.
        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
          Is there an easy way to distinguish the "Kylie will be in the show" articles from the "David Bowie will be in the show" ones then?

We're not saying "it's in the sun, so it can't possibly be true" so much as "it's in the sun, which makes it as true and likely as any other speculation about what might or might not be done with the show"
          The only way possible: Hindsight. All I was suggesting was that until the event does (or does not) come to pass, we do as you suggest and judge each rumour on the basis of facts and not it's origin. For example:
          Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
          Never ever believe anything you read in the News of the World
          That post certainly implies "it's in the sun, it can't possibly be true."

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
            That post certainly implies "it's in the sun, it can't possibly be true."
            I wouldn't trust The Sun to tell me what day of the week it was, to be honest once you get past the tit's, Kerry Katona's latest trip to rehab, who's shagging who in the soaps (and in RL), 'celebrity' gossip, what WAG's wearing what and the football, there's very little space left to print anything else

Comment

But you have to agree that it can be mindless fun to read The Sun, if it is just to laugh about the articles.
              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                But you have to agree that it can be mindless fun to read The Sun, if it is just to laugh about the articles.
                Actually, that is very true, doing the crossword and puzzles passes a few minutes on a boring day at work too

Comment

I've bought copies of the sun before for free dvds (X-Files and Doctor Who), I felt dirty.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                    I've bought copies of the sun before for free dvds (X-Files and Doctor Who), I felt dirty.
                    I only did that once but welcome to the club , mate I think we all have to admit we read "The Sun" sometimes - if it is only for the crossword ( the one from "The Times" is so bloody hard) or Sudoku
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

I only did that once but welcome to the club , mate I think we all have to admit we read "The Sun" sometimes - if it is only for the crossword ( the one from "The Times" is so bloody hard) or Sudoku
                      Or because it's really quiet at work and you've forgotten your book

Comment

Working...
                      X