This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Dr Who' specials to film in America?

Two Doctor Who specials will reportedly be filmed in America in 2009.

The News of the World quotes a BBC insider as saying: "Doctor Who already has a huge following in the States. It’s on the Sci Fi Channel and is watched by millions of people there every week.

"But two specials in America, with a US setting and a US assistant, will take it to another level. David Tennant is already gaining a huge following and this will make him really hot property."

The source added that showrunner Russell T. Davies, who will depart his post before the fifth season in 2010, "is determined to go out with a bang and the specials will be explosive - we’re spending much more money on them than normal".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a12...n-america.html

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    Two Doctor Who specials will reportedly be filmed in America in 2009.

The News of the World quotes a BBC insider as saying: "Doctor Who already has a huge following in the States. It’s on the Sci Fi Channel and is watched by millions of people there every week.

"But two specials in America, with a US setting and a US assistant, will take it to another level. David Tennant is already gaining a huge following and this will make him really hot property."

The source added that showrunner Russell T. Davies, who will depart his post before the fifth season in 2010, "is determined to go out with a bang and the specials will be explosive - we’re spending much more money on them than normal".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a12...n-america.html
    Never ever believe anything you read in the News of the World

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      Never ever believe anything you read in the News of the World
      Indeed... or the Sun for that matter...

Those websites trawl through fan sites for wacky theories from fans! Sometimes they stumble across a post from someone who actually has a source.. but more often its utter twaddle
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I have this mad theory that all the big wigs of Dr Who and Torchwood sit around the table in the pub on a friday night, tossing ideas around and the one with the most preposterous idea gets to phone The Sun with a 'Inside exclusive' and if it gets published the rest buy his beer for the week

Comment

I have this mad theory that all the big wigs of Dr Who and Torchwood sit around the table in the pub on a friday night, tossing ideas around and the one with the most preposterous idea gets to phone The Sun with a 'Inside exclusive' and if it gets published the rest buy his beer for the week
          Fantastic.... and that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
            Fantastic.... and that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest
            It would explain where some of these 'exclusives' come from

Comment

... The last few from the sun I remember were:

Spoiler:
              Davros
              All companions in the S4 finale
              Kylie Minogue being in the Xmas special
              Martha leaving
              John Simm as The Master

They are right a fair bit ... At least for the big ones.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Yeah, but they were wrong about David Bowie, FA being fired, the Rani, and a whole lot more.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                  Indeed... or the Sun for that matter...

... or any other newspaper which displays its name in bright red...

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                    Yeah, but they were wrong about David Bowie, FA being fired, the Rani, and a whole lot more.
                    And the fact that David Tennant was going to quit at the end of every series

Comment

David Tennant rocks!

Comment

And the fact that David Tennant was going to quit at the end of every series
                        Yes......bad terrible them.
                        Any News on that?

Originally posted by SgaIsBad View Post
                        David Tennant rocks!
                        In his own words. "Oh yes."

Comment

... Touché. But it's still terribly foolish to disregard every story printed in the paper(s) with the same pseudo-excuse. Sure, I dislike the sun and the news of the world as much as the next person, so much so that I apparently forgot to capitalise, but saying "it's from the sun, it doesn't count" is just ... Silly.
                          Originally posted by Bodmanbod View Post
                          ... or any other newspaper which displays its name in bright red...
                          Nonsense, the Sport runs very informative articles. Just the other Sunday (I work in a newsagent) I saw (a front-page!) article which told people how to make a Gary Glitter-like egg to smash.

I'd love to see the Times beat that for carefully sculpted metaphors and social commentary.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                            Yes......bad terrible them.
                            Any News on that?
                            I was just using that as an example of the stuff the sun print's about Dr Who

Comment

You sure they aren't confusing this with the year 1996?

Oh that was such a huge success too! Yeah lets repeat that in a hurry.

I think not.

Comment

Working...
                              X