Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not start a poll? Atlantis or Universe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not start a poll? Atlantis or Universe?

Show them which series we want.
    Last edited by Wormhole; 26 August 2008, 05:41 AM.
    BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Sgu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Neither at the moment... but okay SGA, I guess.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I would vastly prefer more SGA.

The point of cancelling a good show to rush into another show eludes me.

Comment

I'm sorry, but this wouldn't work. At all. How can people want/not want Universe when they haven't actuallyseen it? Give the show a chance.
          That is just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
            How can people want/not want Universe when they haven't actuallyseen it? Give the show a chance.
            We may not be able to judge it, even though the premise sounds ... well ... dumb ... But we can choose not to give it a chance. We still have that right, don't we?

Comment

I thought the second you joined GW you gave up free will
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm sorry, but this wouldn't work. At all. How can people want/not want Universe when they haven't actuallyseen it? Give the show a chance.
                it's already been said that it would be more like BSG mixed with , or named after Stargate. Sci Fi's boss said something like that.
                They can have their soap opera. I want SCI FI !!!
                SGA NO QUESTION ABOUT IT!!
                Spoiler:
                APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                (YEAR 0 - 100)
                "O thou Sun,
                send me as far over the earth
                as is my pleasure and thine,
                and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                but never hear anything of bad ones,
                nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  We may not be able to judge it, even though the premise sounds ... well ... dumb ... But we can choose not to give it a chance. We still have that right, don't we?
                  I'm not saying you can't not give it a chance, but I'm saying that, in my opinion, its wrong to write a show off as bad until you actually see it or at least know more about it. That's just my opinion, though.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    I thought the second you joined GW you gave up free will
                    Oh right... yeah...

I'm not saying you can't not give it a chance, but I'm saying that, in my opinion, its wrong to write a show off as bad until you actually see it or at least know more about it. That's just my opinion, though.
                    So, when you read the summary of a book and there you are thinking "meh", you will still read it? Or will you put it back and go to the next one in the line?

The premise of the show does't inspire me to give it a chance. I like BSG just the way it is, and Voyager too. I don't need an attempt at something similar from the Stargate-crew... They tried darker in Atlantis and failed.

Comment

It’ll be interesting to see how long they will stay out of contact with Earth in Universe. Didn’t last long with Atlantis; shame really cos I liked it more like that.

I’d certainly say Atlantis. But then it doesn’t really bother me, I won’t watch Universe and have no plans to watch Atlantis again unless Torri is back.

I basically don’t like seeing one show pushed aside for another.
                      BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

We know enough to dislike it!! It came to replace BSG!! what does this mean to you as a stargate fan? What BSG had ever in common with Stargate?
                        They "killed" a fine horse just because they wanted an "animal" that could be "eaten" easily from their viewers.
                        Spoiler:
                        APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                        (YEAR 0 - 100)
                        "O thou Sun,
                        send me as far over the earth
                        as is my pleasure and thine,
                        and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                        but never hear anything of bad ones,
                        nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                          We know enough to dislike it!! It came to replace BSG!! what does this mean to you as a stargate fan? What BSG had ever in common with Stargate?
                          They "killed" a fine horse just because they wanted an "animal" that could be "eaten" easily from their viewers.
                          Oh really? We know enough? Who are the main characters then, what races will they encounter? Who will the bad guys be? What does the Destiny look like? As for replacing BSG, that is only scifi's statement, not MGM's or Brad Wright's. Remember that Universe has been in the concept stages for at least a year, maybe more, before they even started making comments about not wanting to do two shows at once.

In response to Falcon Horus, when I read a summary of a book and think that it might not be good, at least that book is actually available for me to skim through if I want to, because you know what? Never judge a book by its cover, and sometimes summary's don't do a good job of actually depicting what a book will be about. We don't even have any images of Universe yet.

Am I saying that Universe will be great? No, it could very well be that Universe will be the worst Stargate series yet, I'm just saying that its premature to write it off. To the best of my knowledge, they haven't even started casting yet! Going back to the book subject, how would you feel if you were writing a novel and everybody just went and said "don't bother, it'll be terrible" before it was even released and put on the store shelves for sale? When you read a summary of a novel and think "it might not be good" you also have reviews that you can check out...critic reviews, fan reviews via sites like Amazon, yet there's nothing like that for Universe yet, we don't even have a full script yet (to my knowledge, I could be wrong though).

Comment

In which case neither of us have the right to say it will be bad/good, and as such shouldn't try to convince each other we should give it a chance/no chance.

I've made up my mind though...

Comment

SGU

SGA will only get too expensive to produce and have to be cancelled eventually anyways.

Might as well have the new series for a few years.
                              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
                              X