This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Other Technologically Advanced Civilizations"

In the episode, Ghost in the Machine, it was mentioned that there was many "other technologically advanced civilizations" in the Pegausus Galaxy that were hiding from the Wraith. I wonder if any will be uncovered in the remaining 14 episodes in season 5 and the subsequent SGA movies.

Too bad the series is getting cancelled, because that little part in the episode could have opened up a lot more story lines for the series. New allies and possibly new enemies if the Wraith were ever defeated.

Thoughts?

It would be great. But I don't think they can introduce, fight, and possibly resolve a conflict with a new enemy in a season.

I would be nice to stop with these (though some, OK most, great) filler episodes...

Though, if all of our efforts pay off, SGA might stick around long enough to do such a thing...

Comment

JM said that it was going to be something for the next season to touch on but with the shows cancellation I guess thats impossible now. Perhaps in the Atlantis movies we might see them.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

It just proves one thing - the Wraith were not the biggest threat to the PG - the invaders from earth were.

The Wraith successfully managed their 'human herds', while - obviously - some civilizations were still able to thrive. But, in only 4+ years, the Lanteans brought more death and destruction on ENTIRE human civilizations due to their meddling with the Replicators and Michael, not to mention the whole 'waking the Wraith too early' thing, than the Wraith brought in 10,000 years.

Seems to me they need to hand the galaxy back to the Wraith if any humans are going to survive.

das
        sigpic

Comment

I would like to see a movie for each one of the advanced races that are hidden. They got the plots for season 6, connect them as several movies imho. Literally what set up do we need besides "Were on atlantis in the pegasus galaxy and we have this gate address of an advanced race /enter gate" Weave in the character arcs, weave in the space battles, and have a good moral lesson as they sit in the control room at the end. /rinse/wash/repeat for 3-4 movies till we get to whatever big thing finding all these races is building too. Then HUGE movie.

Itd help if there were some overarching theme or plot to them, but just that would keep most fans happy.

Comment

Working...
          X