Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16. A planet where the people live in the ocean's a la Starwars episode I.

17. A planet populated by Primative Asgard ( seen in revelation season 5), bad smells and funky attire apleanty.

18. a planet devestated by the effects of serious global warming (seen somewhat in season 4 i know) but a planet ravaged by weather and needs SG1's help!! a la Day after Tommorow.
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

sulfur based life! (instead of carbon)
      Free Jaffa

Comment

Originally posted by Rak'nor
        sulfur based life! (instead of carbon)

Flourine
        Carbon
        Sulphur
        Oxygen
        nitrogen
        Calcium
        Phosphorus
        Silicon
        take you pick here a free for all, what are the possibilities???
        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

a planet ruled by super intellegent dragons
          a planet ruled by ape men/women
          a society that evolved from kangaroos
          a planet made of chocolate
          War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakebbq
            a planet ruled by super intellegent dragons
            a planet ruled by ape men/women
            a society that evolved from kangaroos
            a planet made of chocolate
            Mmmmm, chocolate plaaaanet...<drools>

The possibilities are indeed endless, how about a rasberry mousse planet?

We still have plenty of alien types we havn't seen as well...how about a planet full of muppets? Ruled by evil lord George Lucas..."I must make all of my muppet followers digital...yes, I must destroy the franchise MUHAHAHAHAHA"

We must send OPT-1 (Other Planet Team - 1) to take care of *THAT* situation...immediatly.

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

--Does that sound familiar to anyone else?--

Comment

I just thought about sulfur because I'm kind of a Isaac Asimov geek, and he usually writes about sulfur-based lifeforms.
              Free Jaffa

Comment

Weren't the Gadmeer sulfur based? Also I think I've heard that next to carbon sulfur may be the element most likely to support life.

As far as the other suggestions given,
                Originally posted by darkstar
                1. Planets with lighter or heavier gravity, and their ramifications.

2. Planets with industrialized societies more advanced than what we have seen so we can negotiate with them.

3. Planets that don't rotate, one side night, one side day.

4. planet that is a living entity (I know, star trek cliché)

5. Planets with silicon-based lifeforms.

6. I'd like to see genuinely alien foliage

7. a world (which is very close to earth in the stargate network) that has picked up earths tv and has started to emulate star trek

8. Planet in an unstable orbit so it passes close to the sun and fries the planets surface.

9. Planet with floating cities that are not an uber advanced race

10. Planet with a species which either use purely mechanical tech or biological tech

11. A Binary planet, two planets orbiting each other.

12. Planet with a acid atomsphere but still having life there (maybe silicon)

13. Planet with a hive mind socity which doesnt want to devour or assimilate the universe

14. A planet that takes about 2 hours to walk around the whole thing (maybe even just big enough for the team to stand on)

15. A planet in which it is similar to earth 65 million years ago, with dinosaurs and big reptiles, a la "lost world/King Kong
                1. We may have seen a little of this, but it won't be anything significantly different or the ancients wouldn't have put a gate there
                2. We've kind of seen this.
                3. See number 1. There wouldn't be a gate there because it wouldn't really support life as we know it (unless protected by a shield). Also I'll point out that the planet would HAVE to rotate to not have a day and night. It would have to be tidally locked to the parent star (meaning that it rotates once per revolution around it's star, just like the moon does with the earth).
                4. As you say, too Star Trek and I don't think anything like that would really fit in with the style of Stargate (unless the planet is some sort of giant machine or made up of replicators or something).
                5. This would be cool, but I'm not certain the planet would really support human life or not. But, hey, maybe we'll find out that the data crystals used by the ancients are really living beings. :-)
                6. I'll second the alien foliage.
                7. Or really ANY sort of earth TV show. Of course, then we'd diss it for being a Galaxy Quest ripoff (good movie, btw)
                8. Again, there wouldn't be a gate there because it wouldn't support human life so the ancients wouldn't bother to settle it and put in a gate (again, barring a shielded research outpost).
                9. How would this work exactly unless the cities were built by said uber-advanced race and then abandoned and later resettled by a less advanced race. Or the cities are floating on an ocean maybe.
                10. This would be cool but I don't think you can have the one without at least SOME degree of the other. E.g. Biological manipulation would require some degree of mechanical tech to accomplish it.
                11. Some would argue that they already have, earth. There are some scientists who feel the Earth/Luna system should be considered a binary planet because of their close proximity and the relatively similar sizes of the Earth and the moon (the moon is bigger than Pluto and I THINK possibly Mercury).
                12. See previous comments about it not supporting human life.
                13. That could make for a really cool story.
                14. That would be called an asteroid and we've seen that too sort of. Regardless it would never support any kind of atmosphere and would have basically no gravity.
                15. I could go for that. A Jurassic Park type episode maybe. But they'd blow the whole effects budget on the single episode so not good.

Comment

a planet inhabited by yoda's species, ewoks, furbies with black flowers that smell like dead people i heard it some where

Comment

a planet inhabited by yoda's species, ewoks, furbies with black flowers that smell like dead people i heard it some where
                    Furlings homeworld
                    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
                      Furlings homeworld
                      yeah exept for the flowers that smell like dead people

Comment

A flat planet, like the Discworld. But without the magic.

Comment

yeah exept for the flowers that smell like dead people
                          yeah please
                          sigpic
                          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Working...
                          X