Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation/Discussion about the Destiny (Spoilers through S2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kanten View Post
    Meaning of life stuff.

That's why.
    I agree with you on that. As humans, we strive for answers we may never get. That doesn't stop us from asking though.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      I agree with you on that. As humans, we strive for answers we may never get. That doesn't stop us from asking though.
      ^^This. Exactly
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post

To be honest, we can ask all we want, but I doubt we'll get the really BIG answers from this particular writing staff.
        Boobies!

Comment

Bryan writes: “Hi Joe, given the finite size of the Destiny.. but potentially unlimited nature of fiction, what pseudo-percentage of the ship remains unexplored?”

Answer: Probably around eighty percent. In the back half of season 2, the crew begins to check out these unexplored sections of the ship. And they make an incredible discovery (see The Hunt).
          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...arjorie-m-liu/
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

kadaju writes: “Mr. Mallozzi, please help some nerds out. We crave the dimensions of Destiny.”

Answer: The next time I see James Robbins, our Production Designer, I’ll see if he has schematics or, at the very least, a ballpark of the ship’s scale. I just have to remember… Or, if VFX Supervisor Mark Savela happens by, he could probably answer the question.
            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...other-mailbag/
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

- there is a potentially rampant and somewhat dormant artificial intelligence onboard that is reluctant to talk to anyone directly. It's more than just hinted. The AI has a subconscious and it seems to be influencing things. The AI doesn't want to come out of its dormancy for some reason.
              - when the AI "wakes up," the ship could be restored to its former glory. It's not far fetched that the ship could have a reservoir of nanite units that could restore the ship.
              - an alien race or two seems to have a good understanding of ancient technology of that era and could have technology that surpasses it.

Comment

Originally posted by tar21 View Post
                - when the AI "wakes up," the ship could be restored to its former glory. It's not far fetched that the ship could have a reservoir of nanite units that could restore the ship.
                And it would not have to be many to begin with. They could simply 'eat' the Ancient crates mentioned in Air and seen around since then. Eating meaning that they could convert the material into new nanites. A bit like the way replicators use native materials to copy themselves.
                sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Working...
                X