Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation/Discussion about the Destiny (Spoilers through S2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speculation/Discussion about the Destiny (Spoilers through S2)

i'm hoping it will look a lot better then the orion class ships we've seen in the past.

assuming this ship is aupposed to plant gates ....i would think it must be huge??

any thoughts ...pictures??

Originally posted by Zelda fan View Post
    i'm hoping it will look a lot better then the orion class ships we've seen in the past.

assuming this ship is aupposed to plant gates ....i would think it must be huge??

any thoughts ...pictures??
    It'll be a borg cube. Mark my words.

Comment

Not really sure . I know everyone is hoping for a more bigger , badder ship .. But i wonder what kind of ship this is going to be ...

my thought on it ..

The ship is going to have to have rooms for the teams .. The ancients where going to use it to explore the universe , so they knew that they where going to be on it for a while ..

They are going to have to have a JUMPER ROOM , to explore some of the worlds seeing how some of the gates in the Pegasus galaxy is placed in space and not on the planets ..

Weapons are going to be at the less of there importance , The Ancients where a peaceful race , but still knew they needed to protect them selfs from anything that might have been a threat .. As well as there shields are going to have to be the most powerful ones ...

Power supple ... Well seeing how Atlantis had 3 ZPM's to power it up , i would say that this new ship would need at the least 2 but seeing how the ancients built it for the longer run they might have 6 ZPMs for full power ..

Technology ... They are going to need FOOD and WATER , so we are going to see some kind of replicator device that could make FOOD and WATER for them , or something ..

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
        Not really sure . I know everyone is hoping for a more bigger , badder ship .. But i wonder what kind of ship this is going to be ...

my thought on it ..

The ship is going to have to have rooms for the teams .. The ancients where going to use it to explore the universe , so they knew that they where going to be on it for a while ..

They are going to have to have a JUMPER ROOM , to explore some of the worlds seeing how some of the gates in the Pegasus galaxy is placed in space and not on the planets ..

Weapons are going to be at the less of there importance , The Ancients where a peaceful race , but still knew they needed to protect them selfs from anything that might have been a threat .. As well as there shields are going to have to be the most powerful ones ...

Power supple ... Well seeing how Atlantis had 3 ZPM's to power it up , i would say that this new ship would need at the least 2 but seeing how the ancients built it for the longer run they might have 6 ZPMs for full power ..

Technology ... They are going to need FOOD and WATER , so we are going to see some kind of replicator device that could make FOOD and WATER for them , or something ..

If you read the plot of the new show it says the ship the ancients sent out millions of year ago so there is a good chance it wont be anything like Atlantis tech. They may not even have ZPMs or Jumpers yet.

Comment

Surely the destiny being older than atlantis will be less advanced. We seem to be able to control atlantis, even affect repairs so why wouldnt we be able to control something much less advanced like the destiny and change course?

Also surely the USAF learnt the lesson of not sending expedition teams to far off places with no definent way of return after they found atlantis, I mean atlantis has worked out ok but the wraith are still a threat.
          General Hammond "I thought the arm bands were meant to make them stronger, not stupid"

Comment

Originally posted by clwaurie View Post
            Surely the destiny being older than atlantis will be less advanced. We seem to be able to control atlantis, even affect repairs so why wouldnt we be able to control something much less advanced like the destiny and change course?

Also surely the USAF learnt the lesson of not sending expedition teams to far off places with no definent way of return after they found atlantis, I mean atlantis has worked out ok but the wraith are still a threat.
            maybe, it being less advanced means it might be simpiler to learn about, and i guess well find out the reason for them going through.

Oh, and also
            Spoiler:
            Don't call me surely

KEEP IT CLEAN
            Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
            Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

maybe because it has an ancient firewall, and its programmed to do something, and the only way to stop it is by zatting the mainframe?

Comment

Maybe the control interface is broken. It is supposed to be millions of years old.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Don't call me surely
                  Spoiler:
                  AIRPLANE!!! I love that movie!

But these are my thoughts on the subject:

Originally posted by Vespasianus
                  And from what we've seen the Ancients didn't necessarily evolve always, there must have been periods of devolution. The Pegasus era was an age of total failures. And Dakara seemed much more advanced than the Atlantis tech. My point is, maybe the Destiny is not something a common astrophysicist could understand. It's hyperdrive must be amazing, more advanced than that of Atlantis. Of course, we've never seen Atlantis fly with three ZPMs

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                  Maybe the control interface is broken. It is supposed to be millions of years old.
                  And that's a good thought. Highly plausible for me.
                  sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

maybye theres some AI controlling the ship preventing anyone but ancients from controling navagation?

Comment

Maybe they will fall into a planet with the ship and as long as they are not able to repair it, they have to use the gate. So they visit planets to find materials to fix it.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        Maybe they will fall into a planet with the ship and as long as they are not able to repair it, they have to use the gate. So they visit planets to find materials to fix it.
                        I don't think so... if they need materials to fix the Destiny after a crash landing, how will they be able to take off from the planet at all?
                        sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

A Psychotic computer AI that has been all alone for millions of years refuses to let them off of the ship

Comment

Originally posted by clwaurie View Post

How do you know it's older than Atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              How do you know it's older than Atlantis?
                              I am sure the producers said that, I must of read it off the gateworld website.
                              General Hammond "I thought the arm bands were meant to make them stronger, not stupid"

Comment

Working...
                              X