Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it came down to it do u think Earth would feed criminals to the wraith?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it came down to it do u think Earth would feed criminals to the wraith?

Similar to the planet in Condemned? Like if a hive showed up in orbit and we didnt have the 304s with ultrabeamweapons or the antartic drones. Do you think our goverment would cave and feed them from our endlessly overpacked penal system? Or maybe endless supplies of PoWs?

Doubtful. Regardless of the debate of whether death penalty is cruel and unusual, at least with those it's relatively quick and painless. Getting your life sucked away by a Wraith can only be called cruel and unusual punishment.

Comment

Of course not! Even if they don't always succeed, they try to be the goodguys! Stargate heros just don't feed people to aliens! It's simply not done.

Comment

While it's an interesting question I doubt that the wraith would stop at just "eating" our prisoners. They'd consider the entire planet to be one big banquet.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
          Of course not! Even if they don't always succeed, they try to be the goodguys! Stargate heros just don't feed people to aliens! It's simply not done.
          For Miller's Crossing;

Spoiler:
          Henry Wallace begs to differ
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
            For Miller's Crossing;

Spoiler:
            Henry Wallace begs to differ
            Best part of that episode
            sigpic
            Made by the great KindlyKeller <3
            RIP Nuada

Comment

I'm sure some countries would.

Comment

Depends on what you mean by criminal.. a mass murderer or someone who drives at 32mph in a 30 zone.. both have technically broken the law....

It would have to be the worst of the worst.. but in most cases I would be against it.. but thats how these things start.. eventually you run out of the worst of the worst and have to start feeding people who commit less serious crimes to the Wraith... so its probably better to not even consider going down this route.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaskaleh View Post
                  Best part of that episode
                  wat
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    I'm sure some countries would.
                    I agree. There are some countries who probably wouldn't hesitate one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      wat
                      Spoiler:
                      Henry Wallace was kind of given to Todd for dinner .
                      sigpic
                      RIP Nuada

Comment

well, we were willing to crush the aschen to death with a blackhole....so....i have no idea
                        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                        sigpic

Comment

For Miller's Crossing;
                          Yep, and I disapproved of that mightily. That one crossed a line for me, pushed me away from Atlantis, and reminded me of just why I loved SG-1 so much.

Comment

I like it when it gets more moraly grey. Seems more naturaly human IMHO. Gives the show a darker feel.
                            sigpic
                            RIP Nuada

Comment

Gives the show a darker feel.
                              Exactly. Perfectly valid, but not the balance of humor, action, and ethics of Stargate. It's for another perfectly worthy show that is not of the Stargate genre.

Comment

Working...
                              X