This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not Nathan Fillion for Universe?

They said they wanted a known actor to have in a lead role and its not like Nathan is busy with another show. I think he would be perfect. He can be serious but he also has a sense of humor that I think is conducive with the Stargate brand. Also I don't think he is to old if they are trying to get in touch with a younger audience. They need at least one old experienced person leading all of the young ones around.

I love him, I think he is a great actor and I loved firefly, but there is something about his style that I think wouldn't work in sg01 or sga. That being said, they seem to be changing the basic style of the show, so he might work.
    I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

Yes!!!
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Interesting idea. His IMDB listing shows he is filming something called "Castle", so he may not be available due to current filming commitments.

However, I do like the idea.

regards,
        G.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

Yeah i saw That to but I don't think they will be starting filming for like 3-6 months. It takes a while to get all the cast chosen and the script written

Comment

Originally posted by Jacka View Post
            They said they wanted a known actor to have in a lead role and its not like Nathan is busy with another show. I think he would be perfect. He can be serious but he also has a sense of humor that I think is conducive with the Stargate brand. Also I don't think he is to old if they are trying to get in touch with a younger audience. They need at least one old experienced person leading all of the young ones around.
            Isn't he still doing Desperate Housewives or did he leave the show after last season?

Comment

I think he was only a part character for like 11 episodes. So I think he is free.

Comment

I doubt he would take the role, he's become one of these actor who have become "to big" for the type of shows (in his case sci-fi shows) that made them famous

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                  I doubt he would take the role, he's become one of these actor who have become "to big" for the type of shows (in his case sci-fi shows) that made them famous
                  What makes you say that?
                  I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                    Based on what?

In any case, I also doubt that Nathan Fillion would be the first choice simply because he already was the captain of a ship, leading man, in a sci-fi show. That was canceled.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be considered, I'm just pointing out that they probably would like to avoid that whole... whatever, if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by rl2hb View Post
                      Based on what?

In any case, I also doubt that Nathan Fillion would be the first choice simply because he already was the captain of a ship, leading man, in a sci-fi show. That was canceled.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be considered, I'm just pointing out that they probably would like to avoid that whole... whatever, if possible.
                      He would be FANTASTIC... but sadly I agree that TPTB won't go for him as aleading amn on that basis... tis a shame because it would really work well IMO.
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

He was on another sci-fi show, so they won't hire him...I cannot see the logic there. Ben Browder and Claudia Black weren't exactly sci-fi novices.

He was on a show that was (so wrongly) canceled, so they won't hire him...again, I fail to see the problem. Lightening doesn't strike twice (it does, but who cares, it's a metaphor). It wasn't canceled because of him

Comment

I severely dislike him, so keep him away.

Or bring him in so I definitely don't have to watch SGU.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Nathan Fillion would be amazing in SGU. He was absolutely great in Firefly/Serenity. Also, to big for Sci-Fi... you are talking about the guy who worked with Joss Whedon on "Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog" which, for those of you not in the know, was a 3 part online series running 45 mins in total. I highly doubt he would turn down a role on the series b/c he is "to big" for it.

Comment

Oooh...I would definitely watch SGU if he was in it...I've loved him in everything I've seen him in...most recently, Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog
                              Last edited by sueKay; 24 August 2008, 02:58 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                              X