X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate II: The Original Plot?

SPOILERS - TURN BACK NOW OR MAY BA'AL HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL

As we all know, Stargate II was supposed to be produced following season 5, then season 6, then season 7! Eventually it was retooled for The Lost City. What was the origional plot, though? I don't know... but I think I have a good idea of the plot for Stargate II.

In The Lost City, Anubis rebuit his supermothership even though he didn't have the six eyes to power it. That seems odd. Furthermore, the way that the ancient headgrabber was discovered was a little out of left field. These plot oddities; however, were consistant with the season 7 premier: Fallen. So say season 7 was canceled. Here's what I think would have happened:

Stargate: SG-1 concluded with a total of six seasons. In Full Circle: Daniel was stopped by Oma, and Anubis gained a major advantage over the other System Lords. The movie starts out the same as with Fallen. Daniel is returned to Vis Uban without his memory (providing an excuse for TPTB to recap SG-1 to the audience). Meanwhile at Earth, General Hammond is reassigned and Carter and Jonas discuss the dire situation in the galaxy. Things do not look good. Jonas still figures out that Vis Uban should be the place of the Lost City, and SG-1 arrives to find find Daniel with a reunion about the same as with Fallen.

Then the plot changes - instead of the Star Wars rip-off/homage, the team discovers a head-grabber in the city. Now we're getting into Lost City mode. Unfortunately, one of Anubis's robotic spy spots them. It is discovered and destroyed; however, now they're on a time-limit. As Daniel begins to regain his memory, he acts much as he did in Fallen, while providing assistance translating the Ancients' language.

The rest of the plot is pretty much consistant with Lost City with the exceptions that Hectur and other Jaffa stand in for the Drones, the traitor is fleshed out more, Bra'tak and O'Neill die, and the Lost City really is in Antartica. Anubis - really pissed off - still returns to destroy the Earth; however, he has to be cautious since Earth may have the Ancient technology to counter his patent-infringing supergun. This buys SG-1 enough time to get to Proclarosh Taohnas and back. O'Neill activates the Lost City in Antartica and destroyes Anubis's ship before he can fire his supergun.

I actually like this version a little bit better that what we saw, since some odd plot devices were easier explained. What's your idea for the origional Stargate II: The Lost City???

P.S. ignore the clone in the Atlantis forum.
    Last edited by Lord You; 13 November 2004, 08:43 PM. Reason: Spoilers

This thread should have spoilers for all of Season 7 and SGA Season 1.

[please be aware that this post contains spoilers]

Ummm if O'Niell and Bra'Tac die, then how did O'Niell activate the glowy jellyfish beam?

Also, I think that on Vis Uban, instead of fighting Jaffa, Anubis introduces the Kull Warriors. Then as everyone is pulling out, Janet is helping Carter get O'Niell (who is somewhat unconcious) back to Earth. Janet is shot as she pushes Carter and O'Niell out of the way. Anubis' gun destroys the planet as everyone leaves. Anubis then jumps to hyperspace, and rallys his army.

Cassie is told back on Earth, and she has her little moment. As O'Niell is resting in the infermary, he keeps saying Proclaus Taonas. Daniel, who is sitting next to him, begins to remeber flashes of the planet, and knows what Jack is talking about. Jack and Daniel, approach Teal'C, Jonas and Carter, and the five of them go to Hammond. After they tell him, and get the go ahead, Hammond tells them good luck.

The events of Proclaus Taonas happen. Next to the chair Jonas finds a box. Inside it are 5 little blue stones. They become magnetized and stick to the gun. Daniel translates the writing on the side, and it speaks of life giving energy. They alll have no idea what it means, but they don't have time to fiddle aroun with it. Bra'Tac dies, along with that traitor, but is revived with one of the stones. SG1 rushes back to Earth. Anubis' fleet enter's orbit. Prometheus is launched, along with a second ship named Apollo. The Apollo is headed by Major Davis. They take on the intial fighters, after covering Bra'Tac who then departs.

Inside the SGC Dr. Weir is setting up a blockade around the gate. The gate activates, and massive beam blows open iris. Shards of metal go all over the embarcation room. Jaffa begin to enter through the gate. There is a massive fight.

SG1 is back on earth. They enter into the outpost. O'Niell begins his thing, and Teal'c, Jonas and Daniel take tactical positions around the entrace. "So is this what it's always like?" Asks Daniel. Kull warriors begin to drop down. The three begin to fire bullet. The warriors aren't being stopped. Teal'c alerts major carter. Daniel wishes, mentally, that there was someway to defeat these beings. The blue stones activate again, and now pentrate through the warriors. They are dead, soon more drop down.

Carter is helping O'Niell with the ZPM. She asks him if he knows what he is doing. He doesn't say anything. They have a quick stare into each other's eyes. He kisses her, and takes his seat in the chair. She heads to help the other three.

The Promo and the Apollo are fighting Anubis' Hat'Tak vessels. Anubis orders Herrak to fire the super weapon. The ship begins to open up and position itself. O'Niell shuts his eyes, and a massive beam of jellyfish fly out. Anubis' fleet is destroyed. The Kulls are dead. O'Niell is aided by SG1. He then enters the cyrochamber, and goes to sleep permantly. As he does, the two x303 come back down from orbit. As they do, a massive bright blue light breaks the ice. A massive city rises. Atlantis is on earth.

Just my take.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I mean that eventually Bra'tak and O'Neill both perish. Bra'tak from the traitor, while O'Neill would have died after activating the weapon.

BTW, how did you concluded that TPTB always wanted the drones to come into play? I was trying to determin the plot of the movie written in season six before the drones were conceived.

Comment

What do you mean by drones? Do you mean the Goa'uld MALP or the Kull Warriors? Because if you mean the MALP, I would just use it the way you did.

Anubis sent it down to Vis Uban, and SG1 blows it up. As they begin heading for the gate, the Kulls drop down, and they fight them. Janet dies, and they head back to Earth.

Also, TPTB wanted to use Kulls, because they felt that the Jaffa Alliance was coming to a climax, and to continue to kill off Teal'c fellow brothers was like sticking a knife in your leg. it gets you nowhere. So the Kulls would have had to been introduced.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and pretty wet behind the ears with the whole Stargate series. I saw the movie at the theater back in 94 but never got into the tv series until about 6 months ago..Boy what was I missing. Stargate has surpassed Star Trek as my favorite SciFi television show.

So let me understand. I didn't want to read too much about the later series because I haven't seen but about 25% of the shows. I have been asking myself about anothere movie but then realized that Star Trek Next Gen did not make movies until after the tv show had ended. But it sounds as though SG1 is not ending nor going to movies. Is this true? I do like the shows and have years of watching to catch up, but nothing beats a good big screen production every few years. Could someone help me out.

Comment

Actualy, the Star Trek movies did go to teh big screen i know, but when the Movie that was the Lost City was being planned, people said it would be more of a tv movie, because brining it to the big screen would loose money, because its telling a story being told accross 6 years, so not many people would understand it, its not like a continuation from the origenal movie where people can get it right away cause they so the first.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
              What do you mean by drones? Do you mean the Goa'uld MALP or the Kull Warriors? Because if you mean the MALP, I would just use it the way you did.
              Robotic DRONE=MALP. Other drones= Kull. I don't think TPTB would have used the Kull in the movie, since I doubt they were invented until writing mid season seven.

Also, TPTB wanted to use Kulls, because they felt that the Jaffa Alliance was coming to a climax, and to continue to kill off Teal'c fellow brothers was like sticking a knife in your leg. it gets you nowhere. So the Kulls would have had to been introduced.
              I disagree. I agree that that rational eventually led to the introduction of the Kull; however, it isn't enough justification for one movie (assuming the series ended there). Introducing them would only distract from the plot of an already complicated movie. The Jaffa would have been still been OK in it. The Kull don't add much to The Lost City and could easily have been replaced with the standard, brainwashed Jaffa we usually get. So I think the Kull wouldn't have been introduced for the origional plot of Stargate II.

Comment

The word is original. Hehehe. You keep spelling it wrong. But its ok.

Anyway. Yea, I see what you're saying. Also, then they wouldn't have to find the blue stones to stop the Kulls, which would lead to a plothole, and what not. But I think from your notes and my notes, that this seems like a pretty badass movie.

The only problem, is how would they wrap up the System Lord arc? Maybe say that in the end of Season 6, Anubis destroyed the System lord Fleet, and the system lords fell one by one. Like say this movie takes place 3-4 months after Full Circle. That would give Anubis enough time to amass an entire army of Jaffa. This would also eliminate all of the System Lords. Maybe they could do that New Order thingy and hold a conference at the SGC?

Just a thought.

Comment

Geeze, I always misspell *original*! Sorry about that.

What blue stones did SG-1 need to find in _The Lost City_?

I agree that the movie would have taken place 3-4 months after _Full Circle_, just as _Fallen_ did. Carter even said in the beginning of that episode that Anubis was wiping the floor with the other System Lords. As for the loose ends, I think _Stargate: Atlantis_, which was origionally intended to *replace* _Stargate: SG-1_, would have continued those storylines.

Comment

im glad hat they decided to do a spin off series instead of a film because there are so many new stories that can happen and so many follow ups to be done, being a big fan and all i would't want it any other way.
                    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
                      Geeze, I always misspell *original*! Sorry about that.

What blue stones did SG-1 need to find in _The Lost City_?

I agree that the movie would have taken place 3-4 months after _Full Circle_, just as _Fallen_ did. Carter even said in the beginning of that episode that Anubis was wiping the floor with the other System Lords. As for the loose ends, I think _Stargate: Atlantis_, which was origionally intended to *replace* _Stargate: SG-1_, would have continued those storylines.
                      Its ok, i spelt it wrong aswell lol.

Im confused on the blue stones thing to

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

The blue stones were those damn things that Carter and Teal'c attached to their weapons to send a pulse into the Kulls to kill them. Instead of finding the ancient cube and researching them, I was just suggesting that they come across some blue stones or something, built by the ancients.

Comment

Working...
                        X