Rodney Should Have died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodney Should Have died.

Atlantis is supposed to be the darker version, this story of finding the cure to a mystery illness has been done about six other times at least. I love Rodney, but this should have happened as it would have cast the show in a post Rodney angle and how they took him for granted even if he was whiney sometimes... if only sci fi had've announced the cancellation sooner this might have been an option.

Oh and David Hewlett could have stayed on as a ghost... not out of phase, not ascended (that we know of, one of those planes in the middle anubis was talking about) but a real ghost who hangs around and comments on whats happening without anyone being aware of his presence.

Who ya gonna call?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

He didn't die, they saved him. Sorry.
      My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Which was completely predictable because this pathogen story has been done about a dozen times.

Comment

I would like to see the Atlantis team think McKay is dead as their reactions would be quite interesting but i wouldnt like to see the writers actually kill him (unless they intended to bring him back afew episodes later).

Comment

He is a main characters, he can't die. He's immortal
            The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
            Spoiler:
            Originally posted by Karhedron
            I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Rodney should have been left brain damaged. tptb could have taken the opportunity to make it so Rodney never fully recovers and can't recall a lot of science stuff. (of course then they would have to use zelenka more)

It would have been interesting seeing rodney adjust to just being a "normal" person with an average IQ.

He would lose his sense of need, his arrogance and his sense of identity.

Make him re-think his position and skill. Make him more needy of others opinions.

oh, wait...that would require a lot more writing for Rodney. *shivers* never mind.
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                Rodney should have been left brain damaged. tptb could have taken the opportunity to make it so Rodney never fully recovers and can't recall a lot of science stuff. (of course then they would have to use zelenka more)

It would have been interesting seeing rodney adjust to just being a "normal" person with an average IQ.

Make him re-think his position and skill. Make him more needy of others opinions.

oh, wait...that would require a lot more writing for Rodney. *shivers* never mind.
                Dumb idea. Without McKay's intelligence he has no business being on the Atlantis expedition as he doesnt have any other useful skills.

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords View Post
                  Atlantis is supposed to be the darker version, this story of finding the cure to a mystery illness has been done about six other times at least. I love Rodney, but this should have happened as it would have cast the show in a post Rodney angle and how they took him for granted even if he was whiney sometimes... if only sci fi had've announced the cancellation sooner this might have been an option.

Oh and David Hewlett could have stayed on as a ghost... not out of phase, not ascended (that we know of, one of those planes in the middle anubis was talking about) but a real ghost who hangs around and comments on whats happening without anyone being aware of his presence.

HOW DARE YOU!!! (Run to Dr. McKay to hug him.)

Comment

If they did that, he'd be cured two episodes later. Sorry, bad idea.

Comment

And if your gonna have a ghost, after your show is cancelled is certainly the time to do it....

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                        Dumb idea. Without McKay's intelligence he has no business being on the Atlantis expedition as he doesnt have any other useful skills.
                        Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                        If they did that, he'd be cured two episodes later. Sorry, bad idea.
                        well what do you expect from an average IQ person. Too bad sga is stargate rodney instead of a TEAM show.

btw...your brain cells do not come back after being damaged...so Rodney should have remained a mentally handicapped man and sent to a home in all retrospects.
                        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I agree that if they were going to kill off McKay, then this would have been the episode to do it in. It was all set up so perfectly.

I'm glad they didn't, though.
                          sigpic
                          http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBabay View Post
                            He is a main characters, he can't die. He's immortal
                            Dr. Beckett proves otherwise.

Now we just have clone!beckett.
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

btw...your brain cells do not come back after being damaged...so Rodney should have remained a mentally handicapped man and sent to a home in all retrospects.
                              They weren't damaged, they were dormant.

Comment

Working...
                              X