X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Famrir_ View Post
    its a ship right sooo maybe they would be able to turn off the auto pilot
    The fact that they cannot is the basis of the show...

Is it just me, or does that make the whole premise really stupid - why would the ancients make it so that they cannot turn off the autopilot? They have said that when they realise the situation they complete the mission the ancients started millions of years ago? So the plan was to make the most user unfriendly piece of technology ever!
    I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

Originally posted by Bareassedmunky View Post

Is it just me, or does that make the whole premise really stupid - why would the ancients make it so that they cannot turn off the autopilot?
      Who knows, maybe the "old" (not Lantean) Ancients could stop the autopilot. Maybe they stopped it before Ascension, isn't it supposed to be in the middle of nowhere, not moving, until the SGU guys turn up?

And from what we've seen the Ancients didn't necessarily evolve into a more advanced society, there must have been periods during which they simply devolved. Dakara seemed much more advanced than the Atlantis tech. My point is, maybe the Destiny is not something a common astrophysicist could understand. It's hyperdrive must be amazing, more advenced than Atlantis.
      sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

Working...
      X