This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Musing - SGA Movie title.

So. The SG1 movies were all: "Stargate - Title" as opposed to "Stargate SG1 - Title"

Stargate- The Ark of Truth
    Stargate Continuum

Most probably so that they fit in better with the original film. Stargate.

So, as in essence they are not Sg1 films but Stargate films, will the SGA movie be "Stargate: Title" or "Stargate Atlantis: Title"?

Told you it was random.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Stargate: Atlantis - Kevin Costner's Waterworld 2

Pi to 16 decimal places: 3.1415926535897932

Comment

Stargate: The Sheppard & McKay adventures

Actually that's the name I would have given to the entire show from s01e10 on

Comment

Perhaps SGA: Ascension (for the Ancients)

Pi to 16 decimal places: 3.1415926535897932

Comment

Originally posted by obsidian1771 View Post
          Perhaps SGA: Ascension (for the Ancients)
          But what I meant is will it be (in your case) Stargate: Ascension, or Stargate Atlantis: Ascension.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Stargate Atlantis: Twilight

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            But what I meant is will it be (in your case) Stargate: Ascension, or Stargate Atlantis: Ascension.
            I think it'll be Stargate Atlantis
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
              Stargate Atlantis: Twilight

I think it'll be Stargate Atlantis
              How come when the Sg1 movies were just "Stargate: "

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

yeah I know but Atlantis is a different show and I think TBTB would want to make a distinction between SG-1 and Atlantis. what do you think?
                sigpic

Comment

SciFi might have some right to the "Stargate SG-1" trademark

Comment

I can see your point, but as both an SG1 and an SGA fan I think it would be better to just go with SG: Title, because hell, not so much with AoT, but definitely with Continuum they felt like they were sequels in some way to the original movie, SG1 was just the television series, the movies however are in the same league as the original film. I'd like it made clear that SGA is just as much apart of the universe and deserves to be part of the SG brand and not just SGA. In otherwords, the fourth Stargate movie and not infact the first Atlantis movie. Because at the end of the day, that's how I see continuum, the third Stargate film.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I can see your point, but as both an SG1 and an SGA fan I think it would be better to just go with SG: Title, because hell, not so much with AoT, but definitely with Continuum they felt like they were sequels in some way to the original movie, SG1 was just the television series, the movies however are in the same league as the original film. I'd like it made clear that SGA is just as much apart of the universe and deserves to be part of the SG brand and not just SGA. In otherwords, the fourth Stargate movie and not infact the first Atlantis movie. Because at the end of the day, that's how I see continuum, the third Stargate film.
                      I certainly agree with the bolded part. personally I don't care if it's gonna be just Stargate or Stargate Atlantis
                      sigpic

Comment

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they just called it Stargate Atlantis, because BW said its going to be more of a stand alone than an arc wrapper-upper.
                        sigpic
                        Ten Years, A Lot Of Enemies, A Presumed Death, A Complete Back Story Rewrite....But Still Looking Good!

Comment

Personally i think it will be Stargate: Atlantis (enter word that would make sence). For example if you were to take SGA ep1&2 i.e. Rising as a basic template, it would be Stargate: Atlantis Rising.

I hope that make some sort of sence

50th post

Comment

I'm hoping it will be Stargate:________ , Stargate Atlantis:________ just doesn't sound right IMO...

Comment

I totally agree with you.
                              Jack: Good morning campers!

The Answer To 1984 Is 1776!

Comment

Working...
                              X