Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe a Rodney episode...BUT also a Keller episode!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe a Rodney episode...BUT also a Keller episode!

I think that though this is technically a Rodney episode, I believe it is also a Keller episode. We really see Keller like we never saw her before. She is a lot more confident and she takes charge. She is also a lot my dynamic. And Jewel Staite did a great job!

After this episode, Jennifer Keller is a few notches higher in my book. And that puts her at a pretty darn high notch

PS: I think Jewel Staite looked great with her hair down and wavy.
    Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF
    Stargate Gaming Clan - SGC

SGC Video [ Hi-Res | Lo-Res ]

The jump in Keller's confidence was weird to me. She can be nervous and lacking confidence on Atlantis (a basically safe environment), but in a cave on a planet with a wraith outpost/10 000 wraith... she's suddenly confident? I know Rodney's life being in jeopardy factored in, but still...

I cringed at the McKeller ending, the only bad part of the episode to me.
    Last edited by naamiaiset; 22 August 2008, 10:05 PM.

Comment

There was a snarkiness and snappiness to her character that I really liked.

Yes, definitely a McKay episode. (And a GREAT one.) But they used it to show some growth in her character.

Comment

Exactly! They is a dynamic character. She cares for/loves Rodney. That alone is enough for a person to change how they behave.
        Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad View Post
          I think that though this is technically a Rodney episode, I believe it is also a Keller episode. We really see Keller like we never saw her before. She is a lot more confident and she takes charge. She is also a lot my dynamic. And Jewel Staite did a great job!

After this episode, Jennifer Keller is a few notches higher in my book. And that puts her at a pretty darn high notch
          I agree, it was McKay-centric but Keller had a very important part to play. I noticed the writers seemed to be trying to address the various criticisms that have been leveled against the character, her having a drink with McKay after Trio, letting Sheppard overrule her in Search & Rescue.

I really think Keller is coming in to her own as a character, and I think Jewel was fantastic in this episode.

sigpic

Comment

Yep!

And I think her last scene was perfect!
            Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad View Post
              Yep!

And I think her last scene was perfect!
              I'm still mixed about a McKay/Keller romance. To me, it wasn't that long ago he was about to propose to Katie, and I wouldn't want this to be some sort of rebound crush on his side.

That being said, I've liked their scenes together, from the snarkiness in Trio to the care and concern in this episode. I also liked that Keller was the only one who thought that McKay could consider a brief return to his senses to be a nightmare rather than a gift.

sigpic

Comment

Jennifer was great in this episode. When everyone else wanted the chance to say goodbye (understandably) for their own sake, Jen was thinking about Rodney and how he'd react. And she was right.
                Theoretically spoilerish:
                Spoiler:
                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Remember... David/Rodney successfully owns this episode tonight but David/Rodney owns Stargate Atlantis!

Comment

Agree

You can see how Keller struggled for Rodney & placed her faith in hard science vs. unknown shrines and the emotional team who wanted a chance to say goodbye. It was like she was the only one to "get it", that Rodney would be horrified.

Absolutely fantastic acting by the entire cast. David Hewlett is made of awesome. So is Jewel

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                      That being said, I've liked their scenes together, from the snarkiness in Trio to the care and concern in this episode. I also liked that Keller was the only one who thought that McKay could consider a brief return to his senses to be a nightmare rather than a gift.
                      Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                      Jennifer was great in this episode. When everyone else wanted the chance to say goodbye (understandably) for their own sake, Jen was thinking about Rodney and how he'd react. And she was right.
                      Both great points.
                      Originally posted by Earthgate Ricky View Post
                      Remember... David/Rodney successfully owns this episode tonight but David/Rodney owns Stargate Atlantis!
                      Wait what?
                      Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF

Comment

i loved that Mckeller ending

Comment

Didn't like the McKeller ending because I'm not a fan of the ship, but I thought Keller was very good in this episode. I like her being a sceptical doctor, but willing to go above and beyond for her patients.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                            Didn't like the McKeller ending because I'm not a fan of the ship, but I thought Keller was very good in this episode. I like her being a sceptical doctor, but willing to go above and beyond for her patients.
                            You have to admire her for that.
                            Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF

Comment

I don't admirer her! She blew off Teyla and Ronon's Knowledge of this illness!

Rodney was going to die anyway what could it have possible HURT?

Oh yeah thats right it saved him!
                              Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Working...
                              X