Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Maybe a Rodney episode...BUT also a Keller episode!

I think that though this is technically a Rodney episode, I believe it is also a Keller episode. We really see Keller like we never saw her before. She is a lot more confident and she takes charge. She is also a lot my dynamic. And Jewel Staite did a great job!

After this episode, Jennifer Keller is a few notches higher in my book. And that puts her at a pretty darn high notch

PS: I think Jewel Staite looked great with her hair down and wavy.

General

Default Re: Maybe a Rodney episode...BUT also a Keller episode!

The jump in Keller's confidence was weird to me. She can be nervous and lacking confidence on Atlantis (a basically safe environment), but in a cave on a planet with a wraith outpost/10 000 wraith... she's suddenly confident? I know Rodney's life being in jeopardy factored in, but still...

I cringed at the McKeller ending, the only bad part of the episode to me.
    Last edited by naamiaiset; August 22nd, 2008 at 11:05 PM.

There was a snarkiness and snappiness to her character that I really liked.

Yes, definitely a McKay episode. (And a GREAT one.) But they used it to show some growth in her character.

Exactly! They is a dynamic character. She cares for/loves Rodney. That alone is enough for a person to change how they behave.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    I think that though this is technically a Rodney episode, I believe it is also a Keller episode. We really see Keller like we never saw her before. She is a lot more confident and she takes charge. She is also a lot my dynamic. And Jewel Staite did a great job!

After this episode, Jennifer Keller is a few notches higher in my book. And that puts her at a pretty darn high notch
    I agree, it was McKay-centric but Keller had a very important part to play. I noticed the writers seemed to be trying to address the various criticisms that have been leveled against the character, her having a drink with McKay after Trio, letting Sheppard overrule her in Search & Rescue.

I really think Keller is coming in to her own as a character, and I think Jewel was fantastic in this episode.

Yep!

And I think her last scene was perfect!

Yep!

And I think her last scene was perfect!
    I'm still mixed about a McKay/Keller romance. To me, it wasn't that long ago he was about to propose to Katie, and I wouldn't want this to be some sort of rebound crush on his side.

That being said, I've liked their scenes together, from the snarkiness in Trio to the care and concern in this episode. I also liked that Keller was the only one who thought that McKay could consider a brief return to his senses to be a nightmare rather than a gift.

Jennifer was great in this episode. When everyone else wanted the chance to say goodbye (understandably) for their own sake, Jen was thinking about Rodney and how he'd react. And she was right.
    Theoretically spoilerish:

First Lieutenant Earthgate Ricky's Avatar
    David H, Paul M, & Nathan F are hot trio!

Remember... David/Rodney successfully owns this episode tonight but David/Rodney owns Stargate Atlantis!

Agree

You can see how Keller struggled for Rodney & placed her faith in hard science vs. unknown shrines and the emotional team who wanted a chance to say goodbye. It was like she was the only one to "get it", that Rodney would be horrified.

Absolutely fantastic acting by the entire cast. David Hewlett is made of awesome. So is Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
    That being said, I've liked their scenes together, from the snarkiness in Trio to the care and concern in this episode. I also liked that Keller was the only one who thought that McKay could consider a brief return to his senses to be a nightmare rather than a gift.
    Quote Originally Posted by KindlyKeller View Post
    Jennifer was great in this episode. When everyone else wanted the chance to say goodbye (understandably) for their own sake, Jen was thinking about Rodney and how he'd react. And she was right.
    Both great points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthgate Ricky View Post
    Remember... David/Rodney successfully owns this episode tonight but David/Rodney owns Stargate Atlantis!
    Wait what?

i loved that Mckeller ending

Didn't like the McKeller ending because I'm not a fan of the ship, but I thought Keller was very good in this episode. I like her being a sceptical doctor, but willing to go above and beyond for her patients.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythisrose View Post
    Didn't like the McKeller ending because I'm not a fan of the ship, but I thought Keller was very good in this episode. I like her being a sceptical doctor, but willing to go above and beyond for her patients.
    You have to admire her for that.

I don't admirer her! She blew off Teyla and Ronon's Knowledge of this illness!

Rodney was going to die anyway what could it have possible HURT?

Oh yeah thats right it saved him!

Quote Originally Posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
    I don't admirer her! She blew off Teyla and Ronon's Knowledge of this illness!

Rodney was going to die anyway what could it have possible HURT?

Oh yeah thats right it saved him!
    If someone told you that there is a place that magically heals people for a day, would you believe it? I know I wouldn't. Not to mention neither of them were credible. Ronon was 6 when he was there. And besides there were two hives there with thousands of wraith.

And no, the place didn't save Rodney. Keller saved him.

General

If someone told you that there is a place that magically heals people for a day, would you believe it? I know I wouldn't. Not to mention neither of them were credible. Ronon was 6 when he was there. And besides there were two hives there with thousands of wraith.

And no, the place didn't save Rodney. Keller saved him.
    But, Keller most likely could not have saved Rodney if not for the shrine.

I thought Ronon and Teyla were credible - they are native to Pegasus after all, unlike Sheppard and Woolsey. And with everything else the team has encountered, is a magical shrine really that much of a stretch?

Second Lieutenant

I didn't find Keller's jump in confidence this episode odd at all. Keller is suppose to be an excellent doctor, and in this episode she showed that she was. Remember, when we first saw her she wasn't too sure of herself, but wouldn't you be that way if you were in her position? You just learned that there were lifeforms in other galaxies you had never even heard of before and are thrust into a totally alien situation from what you're used to, you're also replacing someone who was also an excellent doctor and much loved by all who knew him...yeah, I wouldn't be quite so confident of myself either.

Then, in other situations, such as when she was trapped on the planet with Teyla being chased down by a strange race of humans, this is a situation she is not trained for, so sure she's gonna be terrified, being on the run in an unfamiliar situation.

Now we have Keller facing the possibility that someone she's come to care for a great deal is going to die. She's had a year to get used to her position as Atlantis' CMO and prove that she is capable of doing this job, so sure she is going to put aside her confidence and bring forth all of her medical knowledge and talent to try and save her friend. This is what she was trained to do, and she's doing it well.

I think that Keller's development here makes sense and Jewel did a great job. Overall, everyone did a great job in this episode and it really was a tear-jerker., and the next new episode looks to be just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by naamiaiset View Post
    But, Keller most likely could not have saved Rodney if not for the shrine.

I thought Ronon and Teyla were credible - they are native to the Pegasus Galaxy after all, unlike Sheppard and Woolsey. And with everything else the team has encountered, is a magical shrine really that much of a stretch?
    Well that is because we give Ronon and Teyla the benefit of the doubt. Also remember, Ronon was the guy that shot someone who threw him a surprise birthday party and ate jello with his hands.

General

Well that is because we give Ronon and Teyla the benefit of the doubt. Also remember, Ronon was the guy that shot someone who threw him a surprise birthday party and ate jello with his hands.
    Ronon is also the guy who knew exactly what he was talking about (another example is "Tabula Rasa", Ronon and Teyla knew the cure when no one else did). If it was me, I would believe someone who has lived in the PG their entire life versus someone who has been in the galaxy a couple years.

Keller is lucky that she chose to give ronon the "benefit of the doubt".

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast