David Hewlett's Performance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post
    There was one scene I didn't really think was acted the best by all parties, where jeannie ran into the hall and ran into Ronon...I think Jeannie was great...but I think Ronon was a bit...distant? uncaring? it seemed.
    I noticed that too, but I think it was because Ronon was there not to comfort her per se, but to tell her of the Shrine. That's why he said that so bluntly and so soon after seeing her. It was like a "I have to tell her this! Now!" kind of thing.

Anyways...OH HELL YEAH. David Hewlett (here by known as DGod) was, was...there is no word to describe how absolutely brilliant he was. I mean...oh my DGod.

DGod, why are you so awesome?

Comment

I can't believe only two people referenced Tropic Thunder so far.

Comment

Originally posted by jiklar View Post
        I can't believe only two people referenced Tropic Thunder so far.
        that's cos only the pro's are able to.

Comment

And maybe not everyone have seen Tropic thunder yet? What does it have to do with this episode and DH?

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
            And maybe not everyone have seen Tropic thunder yet? What does it have to do with this episode and DH?
            err, sif not have seen Tropic Thunder

"He's dialled back the retard. People have something to identify with"

Comment

I think that the writers choose a mix of memory loss and mental hapicap to make the episode more touching to viewers. And it worked, i actually felt sad during this and wanted to not see him die of it, but as in all episodes they can't do that. Killing off a main character is a no no.
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Huh, but killing off a series is just fine.
                Sorry, still a knee-jerk reaction. I'll get over it...eventually.

Comment

The Shrine was the episode i was excited to see when the first little bit of details came out about it. I can truthfully say i was NOT disappointed. Davids performance was painfully beautiful and acurate. For those of you that know Davids past characters i was afraid that it would be a memory loss version of Grant Jansky(Traders). I'm very happy that it wasn't. Davids performance brought tears to my eyes and he most deffinately deserves an Emmy or a Spacy or Saturn award for it. Everything about it was true. I've heard stories from my mom, who works with people with Alztimers (excuse the poor spelling), and Davids portrayal of that was amazingly acurate. The confussion and the inablity to truely understand.

Thank you David for such an amazing job.

~Dani

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                  Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                  Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                  sigpic

Comment

We got to watch this episode at the Chicago Con this weekend in the main ballroom. It was awesome.

David Hewlitt was so fantastic that there aren't even words to describe it.

This has to be my favorite episode of the whole Atlantis series.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by me

Comment

OMDG!! David, you where AWESOME!

Personally, this has been one of DH's best episodes... He should get an Emmy...

Comment

I have to tell you all, that this is the reason why I watch Stargate Atlantis. Some people here complain about the quality of the episodes and the stories are no longer as good. I say, I watch it for the characters, their acting so far has been incredible, and the stories haven't seized to be entertaining.

This season we've gotten some great performances, when Ginny showed up, I nearly started crying when she did, and no, I'm not ashamed of admitting it. DH's acting was fantastic in this episode, and so far, even Woolsey has been entertaining.

Its a crying shame that the show's been canceled...
                        Last edited by z3r0k00l; 31 August 2008, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I agree, David did a wonderful job. His performance reminded me of Michael Shanks' "Lifeboat" performance. Masterful and convincing.
                          ~~~~~ Meant to Be ~~~~~

Comment

yeah david is so talented! he's right up there with john barrowman to me! ^^

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                            Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                            Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X