Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis Movie and Stagate Universe Issues!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those were clips of Spooks Code 9, the "younger and edgier version" of this show Spooks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qtU3cUv84w

Whilst it's true that Code 9 doesn't go teenage, turning MI5 officers into a bunch of, what are in essence, college students does the show no favours. This is what I am expecting from SGU, not SG 90210, but something just as bad.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magie View Post
      It doesn't look like there will be a brain among the "young crew", if they can't desactivate the navigation program. It doesn't look like something hard to do, for a species which has blown up a sun, asteroids but apparently, this new crew will be unable to perform such a simple task.
      true.sigh....so,for the rest of SGU episodes, we have to stomach the fact the crew won't be able to control the ship's navigation system..and anyone who gets stuck behind,can't be rescued...SERIOUSLY???? why even bother watching????
      c'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....TPTB,what's wrong with ya'll???did ya get bitten by an angry teenage angst bug???

i thought the least Atlantis was going to be 'replaced' with something even bigger and better ..looks like we were ripped!!!ripped n given **** as consolation...

Comment

Originally posted by gateactivation View Post
        true.sigh....so,for the rest of SGU episodes, we have to stomach the fact the crew won't be able to control the ship's navigation system..and anyone who gets stuck behind,can't be rescued...SERIOUSLY???? why even bother watching????
        c'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....TPTB,what's wrong with ya'll???did ya get bitten by an angry teenage angst bug???

i thought the least Atlantis was going to be 'replaced' with something even bigger and better ..looks like we were ripped!!!ripped n given **** as consolation...
        Just wait and see, maybe you'll be right, maybe not.
        sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

Earth discovers that the Stargate's mysterious ninth chevron can be utilized to gate directly to the Ancient ship, opening up literally the whole universe to explore. But the team will soon discover that they have no way back to Earth, and must ride the ship on its programmed course.
          Why would the Ancients arrange for the ninth chevron to get people onto the Destiny if they could never return?

After unlocking the mystery of the Stargate's ninth chevron, a team of explorers travels to an unmanned starship called the Destiny, launched by The Ancients at the height of their civilization as a grand experiment set in motion, but never completed.

The Ancients at the height of their civilization as a grand experiment set in motion, but never completed.
          Typical Ancient policy here. Start something which will effect life forms in other parts of the universe but don't bother to check what, if any, disasters their grand experiment might have caused. This supposedly highly advanced race falls victim to yet another plot device which makes them look irresponsible.

But they got busy with ascension, and never followed through on the plan.
          This still doesn't explain why they'd arrange for people to get onto this ship but not be able to return. Was it meant to be some kind of exile for law breakers? The alternative is that there was two way travel originally but, by sheer bad luck, the means to return just happens to be 'broken beyond repair' even though the rest of the ship is in good working order.
          sigpic

Comment

or how about they dont make a new show

nd spend the money on hiring better writers for atlantis

Comment

To me the "appeal to younger audiances" etc... and "known actor".... It could be an actor who has appeared in teen type programme / low budget film. Somebody that they'll recognize. But we'll find out soon though, this is all speculation that we're doing here.
              http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

I think the reason why many fans are scared and furious about the "younger vibe", is because they saw it happening in SGA. TPTB got rid of two actors in their 40's, to hire an actress in her 20's. We saw where it went from there. Love triangle and "relationships".

Comment

Originally posted by magie View Post
                  I think the reason why many fans are scared and furious about the "younger vibe", is because they saw it happening in SGA. TPTB got rid of two actors in their 40's, to hire an actress in her 20's. We saw where it went from there. Love triangle and "relationships".
                  yup.the younger audiences can't undertsand the complexity of adult relationships.real love means sacrifice,letting go,etc.they needed cut and dry stories.more kissing and making out in ancient corridors and puddle jumper bay.that is what TPTB felt was the reason SGA ratings were declining
                  so they decided to end SGA and bring SGU for the viewing pleasure of the younger audiences..hmmmm...good for TPTB..you know what they say about the new 40s huh?? TPTB are having a phase..for all you know,at this very moment, the writers are partying at someone's frat party,trying to find ideas for a "good" script...

Comment

I have read all the posts to find out what people have been saying as this is the first I have heard of the Atlantis cancellation and am therefore slightly confused, first of all I am saddened by the cancellation.

I have been reading that people want some SG-1 and Atlantis actors on Universe, but is the show not set thousands of years in the past or future, I thought it was set onboard an Ancient ship that seeds life in the galaxy, so how could it have known Stargate actors?

This is why I am very confused.
                    LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
                    Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
                    99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

I honestly think Joe Flanigan would be great to lead the show, he's good in the action and the comedy how would that not be appealing to the younger audience. They want a new audience so pre-existing characters would bring too much baggage. I understand the need to start from scratch. I'd love though if Sheppard, Ronin, Mckay and then all new people ended up on the ship. Will never happen.

Problem is SG has the type of characters that work, i don't want imitations of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SpinningChevron View Post
                        I have read all the posts to find out what people have been saying as this is the first I have heard of the Atlantis cancellation and am therefore slightly confused, first of all I am saddened by the cancellation.

I have been reading that people want some SG-1 and Atlantis actors on Universe, but is the show not set thousands of years in the past or future, I thought it was set onboard an Ancient ship that seeds life in the galaxy, so how could it have known Stargate actors?

This is why I am very confused.
                        Grrr.

It's set present day, half way across the universe on a ship that the Ancients launched millenia ago.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

some stuff taken from Joseph Mallozzi's weblog....i wish moving on was that easy..sigh..

"I’ve received about 650 comments over the past two days and, while I can’t address them all, rest assured I have read them. Still, many of you bring up some very interesting questions that I’m going to try to respond to in this entry.

I’d like to start off by recognizing your anger and disappointment. Hey, many of us wish it could have gone another way too, but that doesn’t mean we’re going to give up on the franchise. Like SG-1, Atlantis will love on in a different format. Now, at present, a lot of you aren’t exactly feeling charitable toward the forthcoming spin-off, Stargate: Universe, and I understand. But the premiere is a long way off and I’m hoping that, when the time comes, you’ll at least consider giving the series a shot.

There’s been a fair amount of talk about SGU being little more than a shallow space romp based on the preliminary buzz. Well, given that the series has been created by Brad Wright and Robert Cooper who will assume co-show running duties once SGU goes into prep, one can expect a certain level of quality. After all, these are the guys who, between them, have written such episodes as Sateda, Beachhead, Unending, Abyss, Meridian, 2010, Torment of Tantalus, and, most recently, The Shrine. They are adept at crafting stories that are fast-paced and entertaining yet resonate with the humanity and spirit of the characters at their core. A better example of their talents can be found in Stargate: Atlantis, a series they created and helped build over the past five years. There’s no doubt in my mind that SGU is in infinitely capable hands and that viewers who tune in to check out the latest Stargate incarnation will not be disappointed.

Also, keep in mind that most of the people who worked hard to bring you Atlantis will be working equally hard to bring you the new series (and, if we can steal some of them away - the Atlantis movie). That includes the directors, most of the staff and crew, in addition to our kick-ass VFX team who were kind enough to post a much-appreciated thank you note in yesterday‘s comment section that I have copied and pasted for anyone who might have missed it…

“Official Memo From The VFX Department of SGA:

As we near shooting of the fifth season of SGA, we at the Stargate : Atlantis VFX Department would like to collectively give our thanks to all the people involved in an amazing five year run of a wonderful series:

To the fans: So many thanks, for all your continued support, appreciation, critiques, well wishes, love and appreciation for a television show we really, really, really have loved to make and be a part of. The SGA fans will always be the best.

To our Writers/Producers: Thank you so much to Brad, Robert, Joe, Paul, Martin, Carl, Alan, Alex for giving us the best and most challenging/interesting material to work with in all of television. We would never have any fun if it wasn’t for you.

To our cast: Joe, David, Jason, Rachel, Jewel, Robert, Amanda, David, Paul, Kavan. You guys are the best. Thank you for your confidence and belief that something was going to be there at that big screen you were looking at. Without your conviction, we would never get the accolades we do.

Our amazing crew: Thank you for experiencing five amazing years with us, it have been a blast.

Sincerely:

Department of Monkey-Headed Waffle Trumpets (TV Division)”

Comment

Working...
                          X