Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tHOught i might have relaxed by now. I should get over it and accept it and all that. Why i am not? I am still #@#@#$#%^%#^#^%
    So , feelings here are basically the same.....
    Spoiler:
    APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
    (YEAR 0 - 100)
    "O thou Sun,
    send me as far over the earth
    as is my pleasure and thine,
    and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
    but never hear anything of bad ones,
    nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

I was not surprised when I heard Atlantis had been canceled. Don't get me wrong I only began to watch Stargate because of Atlantis. I went into ASDA and there was the first season on sale, I bought it and it was great. I soon enough discovered SG1 and bang I was a Stargate fan. Prior that I had never seen Stargate, I had heard of it but never watched it. So I do have Atlantis to thank for that, but I am not surprised it has been canceled.

As SG1 got canceled and it was only a matter of time before Atlantis got the chop. As it might have just been me but I found myself thinking, wait I saw this kinda episode a few seasons back or in SG1. Eg. last week in another dimension got to escape, everything goes well and back to normal. In previous weeks characters get trapped in unforgiving conditions yet survive and everything is fine. That has been a problem, they always win, they always succeed no matter what and after 10 seasons of SG1 and 5 of Atlantis, the storyline has become, well, quite bland and only appeals to hardcore Stargate fans.

I hope Universe opens the series back up and brings in more ratings and more interesting storylines. As although I like Atlantis and SG1, I can understand why they were canceled. Its a shame as I felt Atlantis could have expanded more for example brought in another race, maybe even bring in those who we saw last week etc. Could have opened up, but hey itlooks to be all over and onto movies.

One thing I can't get my head around is how the franchise is doing better than ever. I don't get it because both series have been canceled and are now doing direct to DVD movies. Now I'm not sure how well these sell but to be doing better than ever it would have had to been a lot. Then the question is how long will universe last etc etc. So all in all I'm not surprised but it is a shame in some ways.
      sigpic

Comment

I have been coming here for a LONG time to read the posts in the forum, but I never wanted to register...until now Anyway, to answer the post, my feelings are frustration, sadness and pessimism!

As I have been reading all over the forum/website, the producers and fans keep on saying "5 seasons is an awesome run for any show, etc, etc." I agree, it's awesome, but ONLY if the show (i.e. STORY) is actually able to run its proper course and end gracefully!

I have read people's thoughts on why the show got cancelled. Here are some reasons I believe (sorry if people have already stated these):

1. The writers' bizarre notion that killing off characters is the only way to shake things up. I know that a show wouldn't be very fun if the hero/heroes is/are invincible, but killing someone off for the sake of "changing it up" is a COP-OUT! It screams LACK OF IMAGINATION to me. I am no great writer, but I KNOW I could at least come up with decent enough ideas to shake things up without killing every other person. A LOT of characters (too many) died/disappeared in SGA!

2. I think Jason Momoa stating that he was not in it for the long-haul factored into their decision.

3. I think A. Tapping leaving the show was a major factor.

4. The pregnancy thing! I know other forum members have definitely stated this one! I agree 100%! It seemed terribly out-of-place in the Stargate universe, in general.

Anyway, we'll see what happens. I fully expect them to release one SGA movie and THAT'S IT. They keep saying "movies," but the pessimist in me believes it is empty rhetoric, and that they know full well it will be the last adventure in the Pegasus galaxy.

~ metalheart777
        "You heard me! I said KREE!"

www.heliosaga.com

Comment

Originally posted by metalheart777 View Post
          4. The pregnancy thing! I know other forum members have definitely stated this one! I agree 100%! It seemed terribly out-of-place in the Stargate universe, in general.
          So you say they should have fired Rachel Lutrell when she got pregnant?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
            So you say they should have fired Rachel Lutrell when she got pregnant?
            No, not at all, but the way they worked her pregnancy into the season was bad. They could've worked around it somehow, or at least not gone with the whole messiah/(The One) concept. I am a die-hard SGA fan, but I did not care for that particular aspect of the mythology.

~ mh777
            "You heard me! I said KREE!"

www.heliosaga.com

Comment

Originally posted by metalheart777 View Post
              No, not at all, but the way they worked her pregnancy into the season was bad. They could've worked around it somehow, or at least not gone with the whole messiah/(The One) concept. I am a die-hard SGA fan, but I did not care for that particular aspect of the mythology.

~ mh777
              They tried the "work around" with Amanda Tapping, and it was ridiculous. She was obviously pregnant, and then she got "temporarily transferred".

And I don't know about the messiah...
              sigpic

Comment

Well, I rarely post on here too, thought I lurk a lot, and I am a day late & a dollar short on this. I too am stupidified by SGA's cancellation. I think MGM assumes they'll do as well with SGA movies in place of the weekly series because it was moderately successful with SG-1. I'm not convinced SGA will carry over as well in movies as SG-1, but that's just my opinion. I'd rather MGM shoot a limited 12 episode, 6th season, direct to DVD wrapping up the loose ends rather than a two-hour DVD extraganza.

If the SGU series is going to play out as I've read, then they might as well name it Stargate: Voyager and be through with it. SGA was a logical spinoff of SG-1, I don't know what the hell they are thinking with this SGU. And SCI-FI has burned me so many times now on cancelling ALL of my favorite SCI-FI channel series, (Farscape/SG-1/SGA), why the hell am I going to give them a chance to burn me with an all new series?

That leaves the only show left watching on SCI-FI for me being Ghosthunters, and reruns of Stargate and Star Trek. BSG descended into utter stupidity (post-new Caprica), I can't even stand to watch it anymore after it started out so well, flame away.

The important thing is that now SCI-FI has more money and time to show more wrestling, eh?

Let's make sure history never forgets the name....Enterprise

Comment

I'm actually glad that Atlantis was canceled, well some S5 eps made me think about that but all in all for me Atlantis was a great disapointment after SG-1.

First of all I was disapointed in characters:
                  Sheppard is elite team leader and military officer of his rank should have more military thinking, atm sheppard is way too soft, his role would be good in Santa Barbara too. btw for me it feels like Sheppard is bad copy of O'Neill which was funny, sarcastic and character with great strenght.

Teyla - is a joke of Daniel Jackson... She has almost same oppinion about ppl and stuff like that but she rly rly lacks uniqueness. Forgot that wraith DNA ir her, forgot that she's a leader among their ppl, because where was not much about that in the show. But there was a lot of her oppionion for different situations where she seemed totaly like Daniel but just bad copy. Daniel in those points where way stronger.

All other that was no mentioned here was ok, they were almost totaly unique.

Secondly enemies:
                  For me there was no real enemies on atlantis, well again at least for me it does not felt that wraith's were serious trouble, Atlantis team was exploding their ships with a snap of finger, most of walks in the enemie teritory was like a walk in the park with easy escapes and so on..

Again it's only my opinion and i doubt that I'm going to change it, because I saw all eps of atlantis and SG-1.
                  The cake is a lie...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1989 View Post
                    I was not surprised when I heard Atlantis had been canceled. Don't get me wrong I only began to watch Stargate because of Atlantis. I went into ASDA and there was the first season on sale, I bought it and it was great. I soon enough discovered SG1 and bang I was a Stargate fan. Prior that I had never seen Stargate, I had heard of it but never watched it. So I do have Atlantis to thank for that, but I am not surprised it has been canceled.

As SG1 got canceled and it was only a matter of time before Atlantis got the chop. As it might have just been me but I found myself thinking, wait I saw this kinda episode a few seasons back or in SG1. Eg. last week in another dimension got to escape, everything goes well and back to normal. In previous weeks characters get trapped in unforgiving conditions yet survive and everything is fine. That has been a problem, they always win, they always succeed no matter what and after 10 seasons of SG1 and 5 of Atlantis, the storyline has become, well, quite bland and only appeals to hardcore Stargate fans.

I hope Universe opens the series back up and brings in more ratings and more interesting storylines. As although I like Atlantis and SG1, I can understand why they were canceled. Its a shame as I felt Atlantis could have expanded more for example brought in another race, maybe even bring in those who we saw last week etc. Could have opened up, but hey itlooks to be all over and onto movies.

One thing I can't get my head around is how the franchise is doing better than ever. I don't get it because both series have been canceled and are now doing direct to DVD movies. Now I'm not sure how well these sell but to be doing better than ever it would have had to been a lot. Then the question is how long will universe last etc etc. So all in all I'm not surprised but it is a shame in some ways.
                    I totaly agree.

Comment

I had mixed feelings about Atlantis to begin with, but though I'd give it a shot. The first 3 seasons were not the best IMO, but they were getting their feel for the show, the characters, and the writing got a little better each time. the 4th season got me hooked, as things improved greatly and the storylines were fantastic. I could have done without Teyla's pregnancy. I thought it was terrible way to utilize an already underdeveloped character. I don't think they used Ronon's character the way they could have. Too much McKay. Shepherd was used just right. But the storylines so far this year are not that great. So even though this season is apparently doing well, I'd rather they go out on top, then let the writers ruin the series with their sometimes great, sometimes sub-par writing and storylines.

Comment

I do think that the movies will tie up loose ends but i still don't want the show to end i mean there are still tons of gates out in the pegusas galexy to explore and still i know that the wriath arn't a threat but what about those Asguard who have those suits big threat they have personal shields i mean it took them a ton of rounds just to kill one and they have a device taht can keep the dedulas from going to hyperspace... which mean thats they are soo vernauble its not evan funny.
                        sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

Save stargate atlantis

Comment

Working...
                          X