Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...rgate+atlantis

Stargate Atlantis’ Ends Sci Fi First Run After Season 5
    2-Hour TV-Movie Greenlit For 2009 As Stargate Franchise Lives On In Features

By Kent Gibbons -- Multichannel News, 8/20/2008 5:59:00 PM

Space drama Stargate Atlantis will conclude its run on Sci Fi Channel after the current, fifth season ends next January -- but the network has greenlit a two-hour Atlantis movie to run after that and says the show will live on as a network franchise.

After airing on Sci Fi sometime next year, the untitled Atlantis movie will be sold as a home-video title by producer MGM, Sci Fi told Multichannel News on Wednesday.

MGM this year released two financially successful straight-to-DVD movies made after progenitor series Stargate SG-1 ended a 10-year run of first-run cable episodes on Sci Fi. MGM and the show producers are scheduled to make more in DVDs in future. A movie franchise is also envisioned for Stargate Atlantis.

Longtime Stargate writers and producers (and Atlantis show runners) Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie will write the Atlantis feature script. Other details, such as how many cast members would participate or who would direct, were not immediately available.

ENTIRE ARTICLE AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
      http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6589329.html

TheCarpenter gets credit for the link.
      Errr TARDIS posted it first in the S5 folder
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
        I second that, WP.

I'll stick to watching Doctor Who online and give up on network television.
        I third that. I suppose the movie is something to look forward to though.

Comment

I wonder if we'll get more than just one two-hour movie after this season is over?
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
            Errr TARDIS posted it first in the S5 folder
            Oh.

Okay, first credit goes to Tardis, second credit goes to Carp. Okay, good.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I agree with everyone above. I'm not happy with this decision in the least. they're making the call just five episodes into the season?
              Last edited by naamiaiset; 20 August 2008, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Comment

I can understand the reasoning behind it... I'd still like to see it last as along as SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    I wonder if we'll get more than just one two-hour movie after this season is over?
                    I highly doubt it - they'll probably just make one movie to try to placate the fans and then go back to their beloved SG-1 movies and their new baby Universe.

Sorry. I'm just more than a little upset right now - I was not expecting this. I really thought we would have one more season. I didn't expect anything beyond that, but I thought we would get six for sure.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

I am going to spread this like a wildfire. Mgm is the one to blame. So they think everything will be allright and i'll watch sgu? Heck no. I am still not convinced about sgu.
                      sigpic

Comment

Maybe it is not getting renewed on SciFi but the new MGM channel that is in the works might pick it up. I think they will need so programing that already has a established fan base and since they own the rights to it anyway i think it would make a good fit.

Comment

I think the word is devastated.
                          Science fiction movies are weak just where the science fiction novels are strong - on science. But they can supply something the novels can never provide - sensuous elaboration by means of images and sounds. Science fiction films are not about science. They are about disaster.

The Imagination of Disaster, Susan Sontag

This sig is sponsored by Pegasus Fried Human - The Todd's Choice

Comment

*bottom lip starts wobbling and salt water wells in my eyes*
                            "Wøøf!"

Comment

Noooooooo!!!!!!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacka View Post
                                Maybe it is not getting renewed on SciFi but the new MGM channel that is in the works might pick it up. I think they will need so programing that already has a established fan base and since they own the rights to it anyway i think it would make a good fit.
                                you don't understand. MGM is pulling the plug not SCI FI. From that article, SCI FI had every intentions of renewing the show.

They want their DVD movies and SGU, screw them to hell. I was not even that impressed with "Ark of Truth" And "Continuum". SGA was far more interesting.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X