Multichannel News: Atlantis Ends Run on Sci Fi, Greenlighted for Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multichannel News: Atlantis Ends Run on Sci Fi, Greenlighted for Movies

Well guys, looks like our runs over. Unless Multicannel's pulling our legs on an astronomical scale, it appears Atlantis is going the way of SG-1

‘Stargate Atlantis’ Ending Run On Sci Fi After 5 Seasons
    "Space drama Stargate Atlantis will conclude its run on Sci Fi Channel after the current, fifth season ends next January -- but the network has greenlit a two-hour Atlantis movie to run after that and says the show will live on as a network franchise."

“We share in the producers’ enthusiasm to move forward in this direction and we look forward to a strong and continued relationship on Stargate Atlantis in this new format,” Thomas Vitale, Sci Fi Channel senior VP of Programming & Original Movies, also said in the statement.

Wright and Cooper are developing a third TV series in the franchise -- called Stargate Universe – and pitched it to Sci Fi Channel in late 2007, Wright told Gateworld.net in April. Sci Fi said nothing about that potential addition in its statement about Atlantis. Sci Fi has aired had new Stargate series in first run since 2002.
    Anybody have anything to add here, as I think I'm gonna be taking a good, long break from Gateworld now...

EDIT: Confirmed by Executive Producer Joseph Mallozzi on his blog (comment 49)

Re: the end of Atlantis.

Yes, it’s true. I’m disappointed but not surprised.

I’ll be commenting on this in tomorrow’s blog entry.
    Last edited by The TARDIS; 20 August 2008, 06:17 PM.

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
    Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

unbelievable!
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

bull ****!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

If this is true, Sci-Fi can kiss my a##.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Not very happy right now. I may have to leave the forum for a bit and calm down.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              If this is true, Sci-Fi can kiss my a##.
              It's not SCI FI this time. I want to make that VERY CLEAR. It's MGM.
              sigpic

Comment

Interesting.

Can we please turn off the language filter for the next day or so? I promise much good it will do.

Comment

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6589329.html

The Carpenter gets credit for the link.
                  Last edited by Admiral Mappalazarou; 20 August 2008, 05:38 PM.
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Interesting.

Can we please turn off the language filter for the next day or so? I promise much good it will do.
                    Yeah please, because I need to vent, I am not happy right now. This is even worse than how SG-1 ended. We should of gotten at least one more season.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      It's not SCI FI this time. I want to make that VERY CLEAR. It's MGM.
                      Who ever it is... they can go and suck a Lemon... infact we should supply them
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Someone please please tell me this is not true. *despairing* I wanted just one more season - I would have been happy with six. It would have been a natural end.

I am so angry with them for doing this - I will never watch their Universe. I am done. No more.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Interesting.

I like this suggestion. I like it a lot.

Cancel SG-1 after 200, and watch SG-1 have an amazing season afterwards.

Cancel SGA after GitM, and let's watch SGA more than earn it's now impossible 6th!

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                          Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

I'm not happy. At all.

Now there's absolutely nothing for me to watch on TV.
                            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I second that, WP.

I'll stick to watching Doctor Who online and give up on network television.
                              Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
                              "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
                              sigpic
                              dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X