This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A possible way to defeat the Wraith.

What if Earth built 12 Appolo Class ships and sent them to the PG to take on the Wraith Armada, in a once and for all confrontation. Do you think we would win this one? It is entirely possible that in such a battle we would loose half the fleet if not more, but it could mean the end of the Wraith threat. Do you think this is a possible way to end this war, and is it worth it? Perhaps this could be the final showdown in the last Season of Atlantis, whenever that may be.

We all know that the Wraith ultimate aim is Earth and the MW (a rich new feeding ground), and we saw in Midway they made it, though unsuccessful, they still got there.

Nah, I think they can do it now with what we already have.

Send Daedalus and Apollo in and start targetting and eliminating hives with their Asgard beams; maybe give them a ZPM each to augment their powerful levels and provide them with cloaks. Better if we rushed another Daedalus class into service to join them. Keep the Odyssey at home though, just in case.

If the Wraith are as weakened as we think they are (a few dozen hives at most after the various wars and Michael's deeds), then we should take care of them within a matter of weeks.

Unless they come up with a defense...which is possible.

Comment

i like PG15's plan more and would make more sense... it would also take more than 1 years to build 12 new ships so that isnt really an option.
      The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

Better idea: How about they don't kill off the Wraith. That way, we can still have an interesting show instead of Replicator-Form-of-the-Week.

Comment

I have a feeling that to keep things interesting the writers will give either the Wraith or Michael shield technology soon, because as it is there appears to be no challenge as our Asgard beams of death cut through hives like... well like a giant beam of death. Leaves little room for the possibility of failure and thus takes away an element of suspense. It's either that or create an entirely new race in the pegasus galaxy for the Atlantis team to start fighting.

*wishes the stargate writers would take a leaf out of JMS's book on how to plot seasons out in advance.*
          "They who complain, in peace, of the insolence of the populace, must remember, that their insolence in peace is bravery in war." Dr Johnson

Comment

Why kill off the Wraith ? That's what make's the show interesting to watch. Seeing all that cool make up and special effects. To me killing off the Warith would kill my interest in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Nah, I think they can do it now with what we already have.

Send Daedalus and Apollo in and start targetting and eliminating hives with their Asgard beams; maybe give them a ZPM each to augment their powerful levels and provide them with cloaks. Better if we rushed another Daedalus class into service to join them. Keep the Odyssey at home though, just in case.

If the Wraith are as weakened as we think they are (a few dozen hives at most after the various wars and Michael's deeds), then we should take care of them within a matter of weeks.

Unless they come up with a defense...which is possible.
              Ok fair enough, but don't underestimate the Wraith. Yes they have been weakend, but they are full of surprises. They are very clever and adoptable, a galaxy is a big place, and it is their turf, no matter what it will not be easy to beat them.

Comment

Killing off the Wraith would indeed be a bad idea IMHO.

But, attempting to kill off the Wraith...now that's interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
                  i like PG15's plan more and would make more sense... it would also take more than 1 years to build 12 new ships so that isnt really an option.
                  Remember they beat the Ancients through numbers and fire power, my plan basically implies we do the same to them.

Comment

But that's for when they HAD the numbers. They don't, now.

Comment

But that's for when they HAD the numbers. They don't, now.
                      I am sure that they could produce plenty of soldiers via cloneing facilities they have, and we certainly don't know where all the facilities are.

Comment

But they don't have the food to feed them.

Comment

But they don't have the food to feed them.
                          This is why they want to go to the rich new feeding ground. I am also not advocating wiping out the Wraith, just defeat them. If they are desparate enough and they know their food supply is no longer there, they might just go for a massive push to make it earth with all their resources. They will not accept a comprimise, from what I have seen I don't think they fear death. It would be an all or nothing situation for them IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
                            Ok fair enough, but don't underestimate the Wraith. Yes they have been weakend, but they are full of surprises. They are very clever and adoptable, a galaxy is a big place, and it is their turf, no matter what it will not be easy to beat them.
                            Yeah, but who would want to adopt a Wraith? Oh wait... You meant adaptable, never mind.
                            ...Stargate is not about the angry nerd.

-David Hewlett,
                            Gateworld Podcast Episode #8

Comment

How 'bout a wooden stick and go Buffy on 'em?
                              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Working...
                              X