Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you would watch a new show SG Universe or an SG Command if...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of you would watch a new show SG Universe or an SG Command if...

...another nation took control of the stargate programme, as has been hinted at in several seasons of SG1, particularly the Chinese? Would you be more or less willing to watch the show if complete control of the gate was handed to an International Body (NOT the IOA, but a similar organisation to NATO)?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

I'd be just as willing, personally. Though the 'spirit', to a point, of the franchise, would be significantly altered in such an instance, it could be argued that it'd be a lot less than would initially seem. If it's really about international exploration as has been emphasized time and again past the first few seasons of SG-1, such a move would almost seem a bit natural.

It'd just still seem terribly out-of-place to me.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I would watch it just to see what it would be like, and how well they would run it. But if another country would run the stargate program, would SG-1 still be there, since it is stargate sg1? Also what would happen if the country to take over talked in another language, subtitles for all the people that speak english? It would be very interesting indeed, but weird.

Comment

Well SG1 as a show is gone anyway, so no it wouldn't be, but the Chinese IOA official asked Daniel if he'd work for them, so we could assume there'd be non-chinese nationals, in otherwords, English would be used for the most part, but like Zelenka you can guarantee some muttering and swearing in Chinese for example.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
          ...another nation took control of the stargate programme, as has been hinted at in several seasons of SG1, particularly the Chinese? Would you be more or less willing to watch the show if complete control of the gate was handed to an International Body (NOT the IOA, but a similar organisation to NATO)?
          I would not watch the show, period. Stargate is the Air Force and always has been.
          Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
            I would not watch the show, period. Stargate is the Air Force and always has been.
            Stargate Atlantis isn't about the Air Force though, even the majority of military personnel are not the Air Force, they're Marines.

Besides, who's to say the Chinese wouldn't be operating it under their air component? Or do you mean it's USAF only? In that case I think you're being a little closed minded, no offence (honestly). As a Brit I've been enjoying British based sci fi AND US based sci fi, are you saying you couldn't enjoy a DIFFERENT stargate show that didn't star America, but merely featured America as a co-star?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
              Stargate Atlantis isn't about the Air Force though, even the majority of military personnel are not the Air Force, they're Marines.

Besides, who's to say the Chinese wouldn't be operating it under their air component? Or do you mean it's USAF only? In that case I think you're being a little closed minded, no offence (honestly). As a Brit I've been enjoying British based sci fi AND US based sci fi, are you saying you couldn't enjoy a DIFFERENT stargate show that didn't star America, but merely featured America as a co-star?
              I'm saying... think Tibet...
              Meh.

Comment

With a username like Jack Bauer I would'nt doubt you.

-------------------

I would still watch it if it became a European or Japanese thing... I would absolutely be watching it if it became an Australian thing but being the insignificant country we are on the global scale of things... that would be just weird.

If it was any other nation, I would be hesitant.

Comment

ymmm...... the Chinese have an air force lol

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                    ymmm...... the Chinese have an air force lol
                    pardon me, i meant the USAF
                    Meh.

Comment

pardon me, i meant the USAF
                      Yes indeed, Tibet is an attrocity. Maybe it's just me, but I LOVE the politics in the Gateverse, my favourite ep is Full Alert, and I loved Disclosure and later seeing efforts from the Chinese to undermine the US. If you ask me, the gate being put under Chinese control would add a whole new level of political intrigue to the show, both the US and the Chinese have done morally questionable things, but the Chinese ones are more obvious, particularly when we consider that they don't play ball with the UN. I think it would be an interesting direction, not because I like China, but because of the conflict it would cause.

I don't see any other nation getting the gate, certainly not Britain (though my interests obviously lie there), nor Europe as a whole, and that doesn't matter to me, it wouldn't make sense in the show's world, it would be out of the frying pan and into the fire. The US has no right to represent the world in such a way, but then neither does Britain. Neither does China, BUT I think it's conceivable within the show that it could happen and would be interesting because of the problems it would cause. I certainly think it would be a much more intelligent show in some ways.

But still, as I said, SGA wasn't the Air Force...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

The SGC is Cheyenne Mountain, period. I don't have any problem with them staffing it with a multi-national team, but just moving it to another country does not solve the inherent problem of a single country having control of the gate, and would just be pointless and detract from the feel of the show.

Besides, I don't think the next series is going to be set in the SGC anyway.

Comment

I didn't say it would solve anything. I said it would be interesting.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

it should go to africa......think about it.

KEEP IT CLEAN
                            Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                            Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
                              it should go to africa......think about it.
                              hmmmmmmm....
                              Meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X